Madonna--"Hung Up"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
Any closet (or "out of the closet") M fans here? I just downloaded the new single and it's pretty balls out. The ABBA sample is fucking sweet.

Supposedly the new album, Confessions on a Dancefloor, is mixed like one long club set, and there's nary a ballad on the whole thing. I think for being 47 years old, this is pretty amazing, and you have to give her props for remaining relevant in pop music, which is even harder than U2 lasting in the rock world.

I doubt this will hit the level of masterpiece along the lines of Ray of Light (one of the best albums of the late 90's, in my opinion) Or Like A Prayer, but if it's as quality as Music I won't complain. I was a bit disappointed with American Life, which was REALLY spotty, but not without its merits, but this one might have some serious hooks.

I pride myself on being the biggest heterosexual male Madonna fan I know, but anyone else is more than welcome to stake a claim...

you know i was thinking i'd make this thread myself today as i heard the song on the radio. it kicks ass, and definitely gives me hope for pop music.

Zoomerang96 said:
you know i was thinking i'd make this thread myself today as i heard the song on the radio. it kicks ass, and definitely gives me hope for pop music.

Shocker :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:

Zoomer listens to Madonna? :giggle:

THE WALLS ARE BENDING!!!!!11111
THE WAAAALLS ARE BENDING!!!!!!!!!!!77777

:wink:

what's wrong with madonna? i don't like her really old stuff, but ray of light, music, etc. are great songs. actually, that whole ray of light album is stellar, at least the singles are anyway.

Zoomerang96 said:
what's wrong with madonna? i don't like her really old stuff, but ray of light, music, etc. are great songs. actually, that whole ray of light album is stellar, at least the singles are anyway.

Hell yeah. :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:
actually, that whole ray of light album is stellar, at least the singles are anyway.

:up:

I'm not a big fan of the early stuff either. There are exceptions like Borderline and Live To Tell of course. Like A Prayer is good. I actually enjoyed Erotica too. But I was such a top 40 junkie in the early 90s though. :reject:

i'm such a sucker for abba.

fuck, THAT was embarrassing to admit.

I love Madonna and I'm so glad to hear the new single is hot. I haven't heard it yet.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Justify My Love. :drool:
:drool:

and the cover was HOT:

madonna-11.jpg

i was a huge madonna fan when i was a kid. i had all the tapes up to 'like a prayer'.

by the time i was in high school i was growing out of it though, listening to more U2, depeche mode, manchester stuff.

but i LOVED 'justify my love' when it came out, and when i saw the single i had to have it.

it's the only madonna single i own, but it's definitely a keeper.

Daddy like, Daddy liiiike !:drool:

Madonna is really good (for an old bag:wink: )

PS, Ray of Light was a fantastic album:up:

I really like Madonna (as everyone who knows me will tell you), but I had reservations when I heard that she was sampling Abba.

Man, I was wrong. I love it - she doesn't disappoint. I can't wait for the album. I hate to admit it, but I think I may be more excited about this than I was about the release of the Bomb.

She just seems to be getting better all the time. I wasn't so keen on 'Music', but to still be putting out albums of the quality of 'Ray of Light' and 'American Life' is pretty impressive this far into her career :up:

Back
Top Bottom