Madonna -- Hard Candy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

You need new friends! :madwife: :wink:

If I do go this tour, it's because of the chance to hear the Confessions stuff. This new one hasn't grown on me yet... We'll see.

I really do. We were arguing about music at dinner a few weeks ago, (because I like good music, and they like shit), and they actually said that Nickleback is better than The Beatles. :| I threw up in my mouth...a lot.

U2isthebest said:

I really do. We were arguing about music at dinner a few weeks ago, (because I like good music, and they like shit), and they actually said that Nickleback is better than The Beatles. :| I threw up in my mouth...a lot.

You don't think Rock Star > Penny Lane? :wink:

The tour has been announced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

MADONNA STICKY & SWEET TOUR ITINERARY 2008

23-Aug - Cardiff Millennium Stadium - Fri. May 16
26-Aug - Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann - Fri. May 16
28-Aug - Berlin Olympic Stadium - Wed. May 21
02-Sept - Amsterdam Arena - Sat. May 17
04-Sept - Dusseldorf LTU Arena - Wed. May 21
06-Sept - Rome Olympic Stadium - Fri. May 23
09-Sept - Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena - Wed. May 21
11-Sept - London Wembley Stadium - Fri. May 16
20-Sept - Paris Stade de France - Fri. May 16
03-Oct - E. Rutherford Izod Center - Mon. May 19
06-Oct - New York City Madison Square Garden - Mon. May 19
07-Oct - New York City Madison Square Garden - Mon. May 19
15-Oct - Boston TD BankNorth Garden - Sat. May 17
18-Oct - Toronto Air Canada Centre - Sat. May 24
22-Oct - Montreal Bell Centre - Sat. May 24
26-Oct - Chicago United Center - Sat. May 17
30-Oct - Vancouver BC Place Stadium - Sat. May 24
01-Nov - Oakland Oracle Arena - Sun. June 1
04-Nov - San Diego Petco Park - Sun. June 1
06-Nov - Los Angeles Dodger Stadium - Sun. June 1
08-Nov - Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena - Sat. May 31
11-Nov - Denver Pepsi Center - Sat. May 31
16-Nov - Houston Minute Maid Park - Sat. May 31
19-Nov - Philadelphia Wachovia Center - Mon. June 2
22-Nov - Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall - Mon. June 2
24-Nov - Atlanta Philips Arena - Sat. May 31
26-Nov - Miami Dolphin Stadium - Sat. May 31

Additional dates and venues to be announced.

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour will also visit Mexico and South America later this year. Show date and on sale information to follow.

Yay for the Icon presale, although I'm not too thrilled about the show being at Dodger's stadium. Now I just need to find something to wear.

Okay, I got all confused and thought the concerts themselves were in May. I was all, um ... that's kind of short notice, don't you think? :lol:

I'll have to see how much tickets are - Vancouver isn't too far away.

dsmith2904 said:
Yay for the Icon presale, although I'm not too thrilled about the show being at Dodger's stadium. Now I just need to find something to wear.

I think that's going to be awesome. Madonna outside?

Plus I can walk there from my house in like 10 minutes.

She looks old - no, she is old - and it´s not her best album. I like some songs but most of the production bores me to death.

Unless more dates are added, I can't go to Madonna because it's the same week as I'm in Vegas for our industry trade show. I am so incredibly bummed right. I've been lucky enough to do three tours in a row and it sucks to think I have to give up this one for work. Being a grown up stinks sometimes.

Last edited:
Live Nation have apparently stated that Australia, Japan and South Africa - which were rumoured - have been dropped from the tour.

Japan got the Confessions Tour in 2006(?) - but it's been 15 years since Madge popped down under with her piss poor Girlie Show shit. And South Africa has never gotten a visit.

I do hope now she has remembered there is a southern hemisphere (South America at least) she may investigate the atlas a bit more thoroughly next time.

Either way - I'm not a huge 'Hard Candy' fan - and would rather not sit through a show based predominantly on that album.

The 'ReInvention' and 'Confessions' tours would have been abso-fucking-lutely ace though.

Here's hoping next time it's another 'Greatest Hits' style show and we get a look in down here. :wave:

Picked up a ticket to the October 7 MSG show this morning, have seen her once before and had a good time! Glad she is not doing a stadium here! Of course, I went for the cheap seats so I'm a bit up there...I only go over $100 for one band. :wink:

dsmith2904 said:
^ Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm psyched! I was only going for a single, but it was surprisingly smooth getting one this morning, I actually didn't get online until a couple of minutes past the 9AM onsale and only had a few seconds wait til tix came up, I was expecting to be in 15 minute hell. Singles, at least, were available well into the hour when I was checking. Just checked now and there are still some of the most expensive singles available (although the seats aren't that desirable) for a couple of the dates.

The more I listen to 'Hard Candy' the more I feel it's an almost perfect masterpiece. There is hardly a filler in there. Mostly killer stuff.

Back
Top Bottom