Madonna -- Hard Candy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm liking this the more I listen to it. Even my least favorite, the obvious and lyrically trite Miles Away, isn't even close to skip-worthy. And I'm really warming up to Heartbeat.

And I still maintain that Dance 2nite is getting a bad rap. I like her affected and lower-register delivery on the verses and the bridge, which may sound "bland" to some, but is a nice change of pace from her norm.

I also stick by what I originally said--this album is a bit more varied than Confessions, and it's because of the hip-hop/R&B influence. Now if you like the sound of Confessions (which I do), you're pretty much going to like the whole thing.

Hard Candy is a bit more challenging because of the different producers, and the musical styles of the songs. The lack of repetition is why it impresses me a bit more, even if it's her least cohesive album in a long time.

all I got is some "the video you requested is not available" bullshit. hopefully someone recorded this and will put it online to download.

lazarus said:
all I got is some "the video you requested is not available" bullshit. hopefully someone recorded this and will put it online to download.

:( It was a great show.:drool: Btw, she did "Candy Shop" first, besides the songs I mentioned. I missed most of it, though. If I had to miss a song, CS is the one I'm least upset about not hearing fully.

Here's a link I found on a Madonna board to someone who uploaded last night's show. It looks like everything but "Hung Up" is on there; which is a shame because it was my favorite of the night. I loved the way she rocked it on the Gibson:drool: Btw, the audio/video was out of synch by a couple seconds on the actual live broadcast last night, so if the Youtube vids. are like that, it's not the users' fault.

http://www.youtube.com/user/madonnahardcandyny

Last edited:
JB Hi-Fi played "Hard Candy" at the store today, so I stayed to have a listen. I think I'll give this one a pass. A few songs I've heard are catchy enough but overall it suffers from the same problems I had with the first single - after everyone and their cousin's dog had worked with Timbaland and Pharrell it all sounds over-familiar, and more often than not Madonna sounds like a guest star on her own album. Which is a damn waste considering she's one of the few genuine superstars around. Oh well.

the opening track -'Candy Shop'-is one of the best opening tracks on an album.

I've listened to it twice all the way through so far and am digging the whole thing. All I can think about when I listen to it is how much fun it's going to be to dance to these songs when the tour starts in the fall.

:dance:

please come to seattle please come to seattle please come to seattle

(and don't let tickets be too expensive)

U2isthebest said:
Please come to Detroit. Please come to Detroit.:pray: You skipped your hometown on your past 2 tours, you better get your ass back here this time around.:angry:

:lmao: The "Please" changed to "get your ass back" in 2 lines!

I don't know about Voices but I do know that Bye Bye Baby's got a wicked beat! :drool:

uh.. this is not a love song

U2isthebest said:
Please come to Detroit. Please come to Detroit.:pray: You skipped your hometown on your past 2 tours, you better get your ass back here this time around.:angry:

I saw her that tour she came to Detroit and it was amazing. Say what you will about her, people, but she puts on a phenomenal live show. :drool:

I would strongly consider seeing her if she came here this time.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I saw her that tour she came to Detroit and it was amazing. Say what you will about her, people, but she puts on a phenomenal live show. :drool:

I would strongly consider seeing her if she came here this time.

Was that the Drowned World tour back in '01'?

I'm definitely going if she graces us with her presence. :drool: I have no Madonna friends either.:( My mom is a moderate fan, and she would've gone to Re-Invention or Confessions, but she's not a fan of the new album, so I know she's not going to want to go to this tour.

U2isthebest said:

Was that the Drowned World tour back in '01'?

I'm definitely going if she graces us with her presence. :drool: I have no Madonna friends either.:( My mom is a moderate fan, and she would've gone to Re-Invention or Confessions, but she's not a fan of the new album, so I know she's not going to want to go to this tour.

You need new friends! :madwife: :wink:

If I do go this tour, it's because of the chance to hear the Confessions stuff. This new one hasn't grown on me yet... We'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom