Madonna Appreciation Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I am sure that this has been done before and heck I dont care if it has, but it is time for another thread devoted to this wonderful woman, at times I have not liked her attitude I guess but I love most of her music heaps........I remember when Like a virgin came out and thinking that she was very cool indeed and then when I was about 9 getting true blue on vinyl and on and on and on and I would of seen her live in concert the only time that she has ever come to Australia however her show was two days after U2s Zoomerang and at the time, being poor and all I could only afford one major concert and U2 of course came first, but anyway I luuuurve maddie, below are my faves........list yours if you want:)

older songs- whos that girl (remember that I love cheesy 80s music) & open your heart

newer songs- express yourself, vogue, erotica, words, bedtime story

really new songs- ray of light, little star

clip- vogue, express yourself

movie- desperately seeking susan

tour I wish I'd seen or could of seen- blonde ambition (remember
the 'cone' bras)

album cover- like a prayer

028.jpg

I must say, Music was the album that got me into Madonna. I think only with Ray of Light and Music has she matured enough to be considered a respectable artiste.

The thing about Madonna is that it's not just the music with her. If you want to assess Madonna, you have to look at the whole package -- her persona, her character, journey and of course the music. I like that uniqueness about her that no one else can duplicate--not Kylie, not Britney.

foray

Flame me, but

1) her husband looks shit

2) the so called tour was none, just elitarist stupidity (too small venues)

3) her maverick records are responsible for two years alanis delay

She?s a brilliant dancer, a nice singer, one of the most talented businesswomen, and very sexy.
But lately some of her underground patina has lost attraction.

And its William Orbit and Mirwais who, in musical terms, did the last two albums. Credit where its due.

Last edited:
I completely idolize and adore Madonna. She's a strong-willed, passionate, intelligent, talented person who brought herself up from nothing to become one of the most successful people (not just women) in the world. I wish that I could have even a tiny bit of her drive and determination, it's amazing to think of what I could accomplish if I had just a smidge of her inner strength.

AcrobatMan said:

hi FS..

some more similes
some more games
and some more names

since u left here.. how was holidays

..glad to see u back ;)
Those new smilies are so great
Those games are really good
Those names are siply too many to keep up with, I have been away only for some days and an entire army of newbies arrived :uhoh:

Holidays were nice

Glad to see YOU back :yes:

AcrobatMan said:
madonna is vulgar and her music is :barf:

:silent:

Wait, did I miss something? Was this a "bash Madonna" thread?

*checks title*

Nope.

*continues with appreciation post*

I completely adore Madonna. I never really got into her until Ray of Light came out, but I fell in love with that immediately, as I did with Music when it came out. But I think she started making art instead of mere pop way back with Like a Prayer. That is a fantastic album.

I also love her because, frankly, she kicks ass. :D

Take a Bow :sad:

What it Feels Like for a Girl :love:

Drowned World :love:

I don't know a lot of her stuff but I know I don't like a lot of the early stuff........BUT THERE IS STUFF I DO INDEED LIKE....

I saw part of the Drowned World tour thing on HBO last week I think and I couldn't look away. (not to mention the ppl in Slinkies) There was just something very cool about her....

*looks fer Emily*

*and the GDCs*

Last edited:
She stole this whole thing from my cowgal friends and I.
Maddy owes us a lot.
madonna-picture.jpg

Ive really started liking Madonna too, at first it was just Music, but Im finally liking her 80s stuff too. she is about a lot more than just the music though fors I would agree

I can definitely gush over Madonna some more.

5.jpg

I was listening to "Immaculate Collection" this morning on the way to work, so completely fun. Aside from being a great pick me up, this first greatest hits really shows how hard Madonna has worked and how far her singing and songwriting have come since her first album nearly 20 years ago. Her last two albums are genius, timeless but current, experimental, honest, edgy, just amaizng. "Ray of Light" is on my list of top 10 albums ever.

yes cowboys are the best mona
as im home sick at the mo, im watching a madonnathon on channel v.

damn that human nature clip is..um...i think i better go to zoo confessionals.. :eek:

Madonna is my Mommy! ;)

MonaVox said:

*looks fer Emily*
:reject: Am I that obvious? YES! :D

maddymaddymaddy!

Fave song: Like a Prayer
Fave album: Ray of Light
Fave video: Like a Prayer
Fave tour: Blonde Ambition

She's working on a new album, a 2003 release is expected. Hopefully it's better then Music.

Here are my feelings on madonna.

Used to be a HUGE fan.

Saw the Blonde Ambition tour. AWESOME.
Watched Truth or Dare umpteen times.
Idolized madonna in high school and college.

Fave song: Like A Prayer
ALbum: Like a Prayer
Tour: Blonde Ambition
video: The Power of Goodbye ( in love with guy in video), and Don't Tell Me.
movie: EVITA, only decent movie, really...

She's an icon, a diva in the truest sense. I respect her for all she's done for women in the music biz.

But honestly after 20 years, I'm tired of her. I think she's a total snob, and she may be shrewd but I don't think she's a very classy person at all. At 25, you expect it. At 43, you'd think she'd have more restraint.

Plus I was truly disappointed in Music with the exception of the Don't Tell Me, and I Deserve It.

:|

2 Madonna fans live here!!

I have been watching music/video programs for....a long time. I recall Madonna's entrance on to the stage. She was so unique, strident and confident...and talented ( or at least she pretended to be at first).
I think she has had a huge influence on what is considered an acceptable way for a woman to behave. Believe me, the content of film clips has changed dramatically in the past 20 years...dramatically!!!

She has so many songs I have enjoyed. I suppose I feel nostalgic about he old songs...Like a Prayer is one great song and film clip. I don't own any of her albums, but enjoyed her ray of Light sound and look. And yes, she stole our them too....I wonder if Madonna would like to do a guest spot with "Must Hang Sally"? we could duet!!!!! ** cass...ideas person**( did I say anything about practical ideas?)

I think Madonna is in that same category as Liberace....critics???..she'll cry all the way to the bank, half her luck.

SEX book was awesome

her 80's stuff i don't like

but her period from 1990 till 1996 was damn sexy kool , this is a madonna with who i'd like to ... dance for awhile ...

after that she becomes too old , more like moving from being a sexy teacher to Director , children , family , blah blkah blah , dull , noon interested

her music is like bono's shades .:macdevil:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Frozen

Written by Madonna and Patrick Leonard

You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be
You're frozen
When your heart's not open

You're so consumed with how much you get
You waste your time with hate and regret
You're broken

Mmmmmm, if I could melt your heart
Mmmmmm, we'd never be apart
Mmmmmm, give yourself to me
Mmmmmm, you hold the key

Now there's no point in placing the blame
And you should know I suffer the same
If I lose you
My heart will be broken

Love is a bird, she needs to fly
Let all the hurt inside of you die
You're frozen

Mmmmmm, you hold the key

You only see what your eyes want to see
How can life be what you want it to be
You're frozen

Mmmmmm, you hold the key

Mmmmmm, you hold the key

If I could melt your heart

lol...all I had to say....not at karioke so I'm taking it out on you for my birthday....lol

Back
Top Bottom