Madonna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i can safely say she is one of the few artists of the 20th century that has lived their life to the fullest and reached their potential

funny how she opted to turn down the lifetime achievement award at the risk of being labelled 'old' and 'unfashionable'

but having lasted 20 yrs i guess you have to top your hat off to her, she always had her share of critics in whatever she did: her music, her continuous changing image, the books she writes
tongue.gif

there have been many comers, and goers, like debbie gibson, tiffany, and now we have a huge wave of britney, aguilera, jessica simpson and mandy moore. they have all been nothing but try hards; the diet coke of madonna: one calorie, not madonna enough

anyway its the music that matters, she started off all happy and teeny boppy with 'Holiday', 'Lucky Star', 'Material Girl', 'Into The Groove'

and gradually the music became darker and more atmospheric and cerebral with 'Ray Of Light', 'BedTime Story' and 'Erotica'

i guess her key ingredient has always been her ability to write catchy tunes without ever sounding like youre pretending to like it, and also her throaty voice which has been so effective. then again, name another artist who's been so er.. daring in their music videos?

i like her sometimes, and then i dont. depends on what music she's putting out

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

I like Madonna heaps- all of her music makes me want to get up and dance- although I think that what I hear of her personality that she might be a bit of a controling bitch at times- but hey she has put out some great tunes over the years....

Ray of light is one of my fave songs ever
smile.gif

Personality-wise- I don't like her.

Music-wise- I think she's an incredible artist. And I think her albums keep on getting better and better.

'Into the Groove' is one of the greatest pop songs ever. That song makes me cry.

------------------
I miss the innocence I've known
Playin' KISS covers beautiful and stoned

feh

for all i care

she rules

shes definitely an individual who is capable of standing around for 5 hours and entertain me for all i care
tongue.gif

that and shes a cultural icon

------------------
Life is A Mystery
Everyone Must Stand Alone
I Hear You Call My Name
And it feels like...

Home

I like her dance era. In the early days, I would have considered her a cardboard character who just wanted to exhibit herself. NOW, she still is an exhibitionist but! a whole personality as well, in terms of her attitude, her looks, her message, everything. Like Andy Warhol was.

It's hard to describe Madonna. No one can ever be like her.

It is true that some songs of hers are just so crappy but I think in her case, it's more of the delivery than the package.

foray

Back
Top Bottom