maddie wants to hide and die - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-28-2002, 05:31 AM   #1
love, blood, life
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 12:42 AM
maddie wants to hide and die

im fuckin fed up working with dickheads in my I had my hair down natural and it cant be helped the way it looks cross between wavy and straight, and one of the lads says, 'oh what happened, were you out in the wind?'

I let these guys get to me..........right now I want to bury my head and cry.....

sorry, had to vent........but im hurt now...............why are pple like this..........

Old 02-28-2002, 05:37 AM   #2
Jesus Online
Local Time: 10:42 AM
Aww maddie. How old are these guys?
There's no excuse for them being cruel. It seems like you have the same personality in real life, the kind of person that jokes and is always friendly. Unfortunately sometimes people dont know when enough is enough, they may see you as good ole J who can take all their shit and think that its ok.
Its also unforunate that you propbably cant say anything to them without them winning again, they'll say "what, cant take a joke?" If you tell them no matter how nice or serious to just lay off a bit.

Maddie you are a beautiful girl. I hope you can believe that. Just cos some numbnuts tell you shit for their own amusement doesn't make that any less true.

Old 02-28-2002, 05:43 AM   #3
love, blood, life
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Unfort Angie when u work next door to 5 lads who like to act 'big' in front of each other and esp joke about u, u cant tell if they are serious or are gen. okay with u..........and I knew big gob Darren would be like this....but look at me...right now I want to cry all because of what he said, no-one else commented that way but hes basically saying 'ur natural look looks shit and stupid'.......and Im really hurtin over this.........I can't fucking help some things ya know!!!!!!! I dont have a make-up artist or personal hairdresser............

jaysus...........angie there are loads in this work who are like I in the wrong job? beginnin to tink so.....

but they win/ he wins...again

they always do

It just undermines my confidence completely, esp when Im on a high......

and they all ages 26 - 30

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 02-28-2002).]
Old 02-28-2002, 06:03 AM   #4
War Child
Local Time: 10:42 AM
madie i am a male of the species in the age catgory you selected so i hope you don't hold that against me...

don't worry about them fools, they dunno what ure really like And don't worry about darren, just ask angie to say "darren" with an idiots voice like us aussies do.. makes me laugh thinkin about it.

On an unrelated matter... jesus it was windy in belfast yesterday afternoon... I nearly got blown down the M2 and my car was getting blown about all over the place.

In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 02-28-2002).]
Old 02-28-2002, 06:04 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:42 AM
you know maddie..usually if guys are teasing you, it means they actually like you.
Their dumb way of getting your attention. If they were being nasty, make sure u remind them how gorgeous they are. I bet they aren't.
I totally understand because I am the most overly senstive person, especially about my looks, so I know how it can hurt a soft heart. But you know what, dont ever change either just cause someone says u should toughen up. You are such a character and your personality shines thru this place. I hardly know anything about you but I can tell you're a gorgeous person and most peopkle on this board would agree with me.
I've seen pics too and you are just as gorgeous outside as in.

Tell the wanker he needs to take a look in the mirror before he insults a woman.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:13 AM   #6
love, blood, life
guys before someone tinks wrong and that its for this reeason,.I AM NOT, I repeat NOT looking for comments on my image............Im not looking for taht response...this is more a undermining state.......Im sharin me hurt....

I just want to know why men find it fun to undermine a woman............. I wish I had the strength to fight back...I mean there and then because Darrens a bit on the large side, cause he said 'looks like u been out in the wind' I should have said somethin like 'what, like u look like u ate 35 dinners yesterday?' but I didnt although no comment will ever affect him, he shakes it off........u know what I did for him too????

Ages ago this man dropped books off for anyone to buy one. and Darren wasnt going to be here to pay a fiver, so he left the money with me, but the man never called back for it, like 2months later, so yesterday I went in, and rather than be a theif and keep the fiver, I handed it back to Darren sayin he never came back so u may take ur money back.....with a smile!!!!

and now hes like this..........

actually I think hes an arrogant fuk anyway........just remembered long time ago him giving me a lift home and he commented and made fun at the way some handicapped children rock on a school bus........and my bro is handicapped...............I was so annoyed

i swear, im too sensitive, and any underminin comments drive me to want to end my life unfortunately......

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 02-28-2002).]
Old 02-28-2002, 07:44 AM   #7
Local Time: 05:42 AM don't fight back because a more mature person doesn't stoop that low..its something to credit yourself with and not a critism..some men can be complete wankers Maddie, they don't always see the big picture..they're sometime unaware of how people can interpret various conversations, or comments for the sake of male competition between themselves..I've worked in fairly male dominated workplaces (grrr only two or so women here and there ) and you get a fair insight..some great mates, some bad collegues

sounds to me like your coming out the better person on each one of these occasions but your not telling yourself that

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 02-28-2002).]
Old 02-28-2002, 07:52 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 06:42 PM
What idiots!!!!

You're so sweet and a lovely person from what I know of you on the forum, why people do this to each other is beyond me. I know how one comment can make or completely shatter a mood, please don't let these bastards grind you down.

Old 02-28-2002, 08:27 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 04:42 PM
AWW Maddie! *huuuuuuuuuugs*

You know what: Those stupid assholes don't deserve your tears. They know you can't fight them back so they just continue with their offenses. Listen: The next time they say something rude, IGNORE THEM.

If you pay attention to all the things those idiots tell you, of course you're gonna get sad. But why listen to them? You don't have to take their words. Why? They're just stupid people who don't have a brain to recognize the difference between a joke and rudeness.

Don't listen to what they say Maddie. That's the best thing you can do. I don't recommend you to quit the job because, to me, the problem is that you let yourself get influenced by the wrong people and if you don't fight against that, you're gonna be suffering from it all your life

Take Care and Don't let the bastards grind you down

You Go Maddie!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 08:42 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Oy. Keep your head up!

I saw your pic a while ago and you look great - one girl to another. You have great funny posts too.

Old 02-28-2002, 10:21 AM   #11
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 04:42 PM
Dont let em get to you girl. I'm sure they're just messin around. They probly just want a reaction from you. Dont show them it bothers you.. smile sweetly at them and return the comments!

They probly do really like you.

((( hugs )))
Old 02-28-2002, 11:17 AM   #12
you are what you is
Local Time: 01:42 AM
some people seem to find a lot of amusement in degrading others (for some reason they only dare to do so when they think they are "stronger" than you)

people like that know nothing about humor and absolutely nothing about heart and soul
their lifes will never be complete

Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 02-28-2002, 11:53 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Maddie...sorry you have to deal with guys like that, they sound immature and insensitive, not realizing their joking can go too far.
Perhaps the best way to deal with them is to fight fire with fire. Next time one says "been out in the wind?", respond with something like "forget to bathe this week again Darren?", or whatever is appropriate to get your message across. It's not the nicest way to deal with things, but sometimes the only way people understand they have hurt you is if you hurt them back.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:58 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 09:42 AM
*gets big stick out* right maddie girlie ill sort them out

Dont worry about them..they r just least u dont have 2 go to school and listen to all these bitches making fun of you in the toilets..i hate blondes who wear orange make-up *tarts*
Old 02-28-2002, 12:07 PM   #15
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Fuck em! Tell them if they don't stop, I'll be on the next plane to Ireland to kick their collective asses!