maddie wants to hide and die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
im fuckin fed up working with dickheads in my work......today I had my hair down natural and it cant be helped the way it looks cross between wavy and straight, and one of the lads says, 'oh what happened, were you out in the wind?'

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO U DARREN U HAVE LOWERED MY CONFIDENCE COMPLETELY AND SHATTERED ME, so well done in succeeding once again u fuk!!!!

I let these guys get to me..........right now I want to bury my head and cry.....
frown.gif

sorry, had to vent........but im hurt now...............why are pple like this..........

Aww maddie. How old are these guys?
There's no excuse for them being cruel. It seems like you have the same personality in real life, the kind of person that jokes and is always friendly. Unfortunately sometimes people dont know when enough is enough, they may see you as good ole J who can take all their shit and think that its ok.
Its also unforunate that you propbably cant say anything to them without them winning again, they'll say "what, cant take a joke?" If you tell them no matter how nice or serious to just lay off a bit.

Maddie you are a beautiful girl. I hope you can believe that. Just cos some numbnuts tell you shit for their own amusement doesn't make that any less true.
(hugs)
frown.gif

Unfort Angie when u work next door to 5 lads who like to act 'big' in front of each other and esp joke about u, u cant tell if they are serious or are gen. okay with u..........and I knew big gob Darren would be like this....but look at me...right now I want to cry all because of what he said, no-one else commented that way but hes basically saying 'ur natural look looks shit and stupid'.......and Im really hurtin over this.........I can't fucking help some things ya know!!!!!!! I dont have a make-up artist or personal hairdresser............

jaysus...........angie there are loads in this work who are like this.........am I in the wrong job? beginnin to tink so.....
frown.gif

but they win/ he wins...again

they always do

It just undermines my confidence completely, esp when Im on a high......
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

and they all ages 26 - 30

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 02-28-2002).]

madie i am a male of the species in the age catgory you selected so i hope you don't hold that against me...

don't worry about them fools, they dunno what ure really like
frown.gif
And don't worry about darren, just ask angie to say "darren" with an idiots voice like us aussies do.. makes me laugh thinkin about it.
smile.gif

On an unrelated matter... jesus it was windy in belfast yesterday afternoon... I nearly got blown down the M2 and my car was getting blown about all over the place.

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 02-28-2002).]

you know maddie..usually if guys are teasing you, it means they actually like you.
Their dumb way of getting your attention. If they were being nasty, make sure u remind them how gorgeous they are. I bet they aren't.
I totally understand because I am the most overly senstive person, especially about my looks, so I know how it can hurt a soft heart. But you know what, dont ever change either just cause someone says u should toughen up. You are such a character and your personality shines thru this place. I hardly know anything about you but I can tell you're a gorgeous person and most peopkle on this board would agree with me.
I've seen pics too and you are just as gorgeous outside as in.

Tell the wanker he needs to take a look in the mirror before he insults a woman.

guys before someone tinks wrong and that its for this reeason,.I AM NOT, I repeat NOT looking for comments on my image............Im not looking for taht response...this is more a undermining state.......Im sharin me hurt....
frown.gif

I just want to know why men find it fun to undermine a woman............. I wish I had the strength to fight back...I mean there and then because Darrens a bit on the large side, cause he said 'looks like u been out in the wind' I should have said somethin like 'what, like u look like u ate 35 dinners yesterday?' but I didnt although no comment will ever affect him, he shakes it off........u know what I did for him too????

Ages ago this man dropped books off for anyone to buy one. and Darren wasnt going to be here to pay a fiver, so he left the money with me, but the man never called back for it, like 2months later, so yesterday I went in, and rather than be a theif and keep the fiver, I handed it back to Darren sayin he never came back so u may take ur money back.....with a smile!!!!

and now hes like this..........

actually I think hes an arrogant fuk anyway........just remembered long time ago him giving me a lift home and he commented and made fun at the way some handicapped children rock on a school bus........and my bro is handicapped...............I was so annoyed
mad.gif

ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!
i swear, im too sensitive, and any underminin comments drive me to want to end my life unfortunately......
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 02-28-2002).]

..you don't fight back because a more mature person doesn't stoop that low..its something to credit yourself with and not a critism..some men can be complete wankers Maddie, they don't always see the big picture..they're sometime unaware of how people can interpret various conversations, or comments for the sake of male competition between themselves..I've worked in fairly male dominated workplaces (grrr
smile.gif
only two or so women here and there
frown.gif
) and you get a fair insight..some great mates, some bad collegues

sounds to me like your coming out the better person on each one of these occasions but your not telling yourself that

{{{maddie}}}

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 02-28-2002).]

AWW Maddie! *huuuuuuuuuugs*

You know what: Those stupid assholes don't deserve your tears. They know you can't fight them back so they just continue with their offenses. Listen: The next time they say something rude, IGNORE THEM.

If you pay attention to all the things those idiots tell you, of course you're gonna get sad. But why listen to them? You don't have to take their words. Why? They're just stupid people who don't have a brain to recognize the difference between a joke and rudeness.

Don't listen to what they say Maddie. That's the best thing you can do. I don't recommend you to quit the job because, to me, the problem is that you let yourself get influenced by the wrong people and if you don't fight against that, you're gonna be suffering from it all your life

Take Care and Don't let the bastards grind you down
smile.gif

You Go Maddie!!!
smile.gif

Oy. Keep your head up!

I saw your pic a while ago and you look great - one girl to another. You have great funny posts too.

Dont let em get to you girl. I'm sure they're just messin around. They probly just want a reaction from you. Dont show them it bothers you.. smile sweetly at them and return the comments!

They probly do really like you.

((( hugs )))

some people seem to find a lot of amusement in degrading others (for some reason they only dare to do so when they think they are "stronger" than you)

people like that know nothing about humor and absolutely nothing about heart and soul
their lifes will never be complete

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Maddie...sorry you have to deal with guys like that, they sound immature and insensitive, not realizing their joking can go too far.
Perhaps the best way to deal with them is to fight fire with fire. Next time one says "been out in the wind?", respond with something like "forget to bathe this week again Darren?", or whatever is appropriate to get your message across. It's not the nicest way to deal with things, but sometimes the only way people understand they have hurt you is if you hurt them back.

Fuck em! Tell them if they don't stop, I'll be on the next plane to Ireland to kick their collective asses!

------------------
Me3

Let me tell you what happened to me last year...i went to a concert in our town (with 2 female schoolfriends), and afterwards we go into this place called Dairy Queen. (sort of McDonalds type of place)

We talk there for a while, and when we leave, this guy at the table next to ours sees me and says:
"You're so ugly."
One of my schoolfriends stood up for me and said "You're rude." I ignored what he said, but i felt lousy anyway...
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-28-2002).]

Hey I have a Dairy Queen down the street from my house.
biggrin.gif

Thats awful though... and totally immature.

Maddie don't worry about them fuckheads, they are insecure about themselves and since you are working around a bunch of guys you are the "safe" target for them to pick on. If you don't let them know that it bothers you they won't persist on, it will become boring.

And if you want to get them back, drop a laxative in their coffee,pop etc., then they will be the ones feeling like shite
biggrin.gif

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXo

------------------
The hunter gets captured by the game

aww maddie, guys like that can be such assholes i swear. i wish i could tell you to ignore the comments but i dont really practice what i preach. it hurts when people tell you shit like that. sorry you had to go thru that maddie
frown.gif

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

Back
Top Bottom