Mad Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Pete is turning into something approaching an actual human being. Sure it was great to have a twit to hate, but that got boring after a while.

His reaction to that tv company sales report (sorry I can't remember the name) was so logical. The racial aspects of it didn't really matter. It was all about the bucks, as it should be. It's much like Don's reaction to Sal. It wasn't about him being gay it's the work that matters. The whole thing reminds me of the first season where Cooper tells Don that you never know where loyalty will come from. I see Pete on a journey to become much more Don like.

While he's not quite as much of a spoiled, whiny brat as he was in the first season, he's still an annoying jerk. I can definitely see him becoming like Don in the advertising department because they've both demonstrated an ability to sort of see into the future, so to speak, and predict or visualize certain things happening later that might reap long-term benefits. As people though, Pete is the antithesis of Don. He's a pampered rich kid who's made most of his success through his name (i.e. Bert Cooper refusing to fire him in Season 1 because of the possible backlash among Sterling Cooper clientele) and his family connections (his father-in-law and the Clearasil account). I think that's part of the reason Don resents him so much. Don literally changed everything, even his own name, about himself and worked hard to accomplish the things he has professionally.

Interesting analysis. I sort of took away the same bits from Betty's dream sequences.

And yeah, Don's definitely going to plow that schoolmarm. I would.

She may have moved up to my #2 slot under Jane for "Best In Show", passing the Jewish chick from Season One.

Also
"We're going to shave you and give you an enema"?! I was like, need any help, nurse?

I wish I had something more mature to say about this episode, but I guess not.

Art+Elysium+2nd+Annual+Black+Tie+Gala+Arrivals+-QBhfqZyPIpl.jpg

Yeah, not bad. Menkin was hot too. But that young girl in LA is duking it out with Jane for the Mad Men cake.

Since we've now moved on to purely sexual conversation, I'd just like to say that I was watching my Season 2 DVDs last night and that scene in "Maidenform" when Don ties Bobbie Barrett to the bed, (and then leaves her there after she mentions his "reputation"), is one of the sexiest things I've ever seen. The way he acts, the things he says, the way he looks in that scene is ridiculously hot. :drool: Also, Jon Hamm has an insane body. His back is so sexy.:combust:

Am I the only feels like there is zero sexual chemistry between Don and Betty? On the other hand, the chemistry between Don and Joan in that scene in the hospital waiting room was, imo, palpable.

Am I the only feels like there is zero sexual chemistry between Don and Betty? On the other hand, the chemistry between Don and Joan in that scene in the hospital waiting room was, imo, palpable.

Isn't Betty Draper a bit sexually repressed.

They had her going to a shrink awhile back. She seems to have daddy issues, too. She did have one casual fling, but it was more of a payback to Don.

Well, I think we've officially witnessed the greatest scene in Mad Men history. Maybe they'll finally put poor Lois out of her misery and fire her.:lol:

yes, it was a good episode

and in 1963, I wonder how much of a settlement, that guy would have gotten for losing a foot.

There is something going on with the Brits, something not good. I can't tell what it is, but there's something sketchy going on with them. And I don't think them leaving Roger's name off the chart was an accident. I'm also curious to see what's going to happen to Joan's husband and how she'll end up back at Sterling-Cooper. Also, Don is such a good father. That scene where he was comforting Sally and then explaining to her why she didn't have to be afraid of the baby was so cute.:cute:

Well first thing I will say, the school marm? Don will not Drap-her. They have thrown in stuff like this before, and not followed up on it. Perhaps it means nothing more than Don is a ladies man that has women coming at him like darts at a dartboard.

Second, with the Brits, could be a lot of things.
They bought the company to make money. They are improving the bottom line, the next move could be to sell or break up and sell.

As for Joan, well let's not forget that Duck is looking for people. Duck was brought back for a reason. It seems that Pete's star is not rising, could he go with Duck.

Also, Drapper had a suspicious look on his face the whole time the Brits were there.
It is like he sees something coming down the road.

This was a pretty logical progression in the way Joan's relationship is going.

And thank G-d I avoided spoilers for this episode and saw the carnage for myself:

1230ihj.jpg

Kinsey FTW

What a fantastic episode. I laughed a lot (Sterling was hilarious as usual), and then of course that speech by Don at the end to Sally about how the future is not written yet.

Sterling definitely had some good moments, the Iwo Jima line especially.

Upon further reflection, I feel pretty confident in saying this was the best episode of the season so far, beating out "My Old Kentucky Home."

Get on it, littlest of bastards.

Gotta say, I like how the promos they run for season 3 on ESPN feature Betty saying "I'm pregnant" and Peggy saying "I had your baby." Thanks a lot, spoiler alert.

Finished the second episode, then watched The Room with some friends tonight.

There is no baby.

I seriously think tonight's episode may have been one of the best of the entire series. So much happened, I literally need to process it before I can talk about it. My mom and I were just sitting there in silence for about a minute after it ended. Well done to the writers and the actors, especially Jon.

Instant classic, for sure. Everything from down here should be extremely intense.

Unbelievable. And I can't believe how long they're stringing along this teacher thing.

I wouldn't have hesitated to get in that box and check out the eclipse, so to speak.

^You're gonna have to expand on that.

But, wow, Bert Cooper pulled out the Dick Whitman card. That was a pimp move. Here we were led to believe he was this kind of Zen, eccentric old guy who genuinely didn't care when Pete spilled the Whitman beans to him back in Season 1. But he was just waiting for a time when he could use it. He literally owns Don's ass now. I can't wait to see where this goes. Also, the award for Biggest Epic Fail in MM history goes to Peggy for sleeping with Duck.:down: Why? That's just wrong. I get that she was upset because Don was a douche to her about the Hilton account, but come on now.:lol: Also, I really am not trusting this politician that's become such a fast friend of Betty's. It's obvious there's an attraction there, but it goes beyond that. Something is wrong with that guy. She needs to stay away from him. And finally, Don picking up those hitch-hikers really demonstrated how much of a facade "Don Draper" is. A suave, wealthy man of the world wouldn't have been duped by 2 young people clearly just out to rob/hurt someone. We see shades of Dick's naivete by him taking pills offered to him by strangers without question and drinking at the same time. That flashback scene with his dad was very well done again. Everything his dad said are Don's worst fears, and they're all starting to come true.

Kind of a slow episode compared to the chaos of the previous two. But I'll be damned in JanJo wasn't looking better than ever at dinner with Hilton. That whole scene was pretty good, along with Joan's little fiasco. But yeah, letdown episode.

What's Pete's deal? First Peggy (who I was disappointed to not have a single sighting of in this episode), now the au pair? If you're gonna cheat, you gotta upgrade. Trudy's a fox.

And as far as the Pete/Trudy thing goes, am I the only one who was rooting for an impromptu dance number when she finally got home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom