Mad Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without reading the most recent comments (not looking for any spoilers), I've been watching the series on DVD in the past couple of weeks -- love it. One of the more interesting series I've seen in a long time. Just started season 2 and hope to catch up for the start of season 3. Helps me understand the world my parents grew up in a bit better.

And I'm so glad I wasn't around back then when smoking was so omnipresent. Gross!

i never paid attention to mad men until i saw some commercials for season 3...damn, some of the women on the show are hot :drool:

i may need to download seasons 1 and 2

-dan

I tried watching it when the first season came out on DVD, and didn't get more than about 3-4 episodes in.

Now I'm trying again and loving it. I'm almost done with season 1 via Netflix, season 2 is on On Demand, and I'll DVR the first episode or two of the new season until I'm caught up.

No idea why it didn't click with me the first time.

^I'm so glad you like it. It's a brilliant show. And Jon Hamm is so fucking sexy it hurts.:drool: I just bought Season 2 tonight and gave it to myself as an early birthday gift.:heart:

I'd find him hotter if he wasn't such a freaking snake.

I find him very attractive as Don Draper (physically only, as he's a freaking snake), but Jon Hamm in non-Don Draper form ... not so much. I think it's the slicked-back hair that does it. Without it, he is just attractive and not so totally ha-cha-cha hot.

I'd find him hotter if he wasn't such a freaking snake.

I find him very attractive as Don Draper (physically only, as he's a freaking snake), but Jon Hamm in non-Don Draper form ... not so much. I think it's the slicked-back hair that does it. Without it, he is just attractive and not so totally ha-cha-cha hot.

I think he's incredibly sexy both ways. Don is a complete douche, but he still manages to be completely attractive in every way. Also, I'm a total sucker for a hot man in a fedora. I have this weird fetish for them.:lol: And Jon Hamm to me, even without the Draper style is absolutely gorgeous. He has an incredible smile, and he seems so down-to-earth. I wanna marry him or have his babies or something....:drool:

ETA::lol: Even with his marital woes and new baby on the way, I predict Don Draper will get laid more in the season premiere of Mad Men than I did all summer | TV Ecards and Greeting Cards at someecards.com

The Vincent Price sketch from SNL is on right now. Hamm's James Mason impression still kills me.

The Vincent Price sketch from SNL is on right now. Hamm's James Mason impression still kills me.

I love that sketch.:heart: "Say, where are the whores?":lol: Every sketch was hilarious that night. I loved Don Draper's Guide to Picking up Women and the Pat Finger sketch is gold. I was literally on the floor.:lmao:

I thought it was really solid premiere. That opening scene with Don witnessing his own birth in his mind was fascinating and very unique. I'm not sure how I like the new British workers. They don't really seem to fit in with the whole vibe at Sterling Cooper. Some of the funniest moments of the night was Pete showing what an epic douche he is about having to share Head of Accounts with Ken. Although, the firing of Burt Peterson was hilarious. On a serious note, the most poignant moment of the episode was Don and Sal on the plane ride home after he caught Sal in the hotel with the man. When he said, "I need to ask you something..", you could tell Sal was terrified, and when all Don wanted to talk about was the account, the relief in his eyes that he wasn't being judged or ridiculed was amazing. That scene to me showed that even though Don can be a sleaze, he was a good guy in a lot of ways. Most men at the time (many even now) would be afraid to sit next to Sal or act differently around him. Don isn't, at least not yet, and that's a good thing.

"If she's a pirate, my Jolly Roger was at full-mast the whole drive over here!"

"Say, Vincent, do you mind if I slip into something more comfortable? I pissed myself on the way over here. Pretty numb down there, so I only know it when it hits my ankles."

I say, Don Draper. You are still a giant prick. After all that last season, you go and do that on your first chance away?

Douchebag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom