Mad Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one of the 4 DVDs today at Blockbuster (thanks hardy :) ) So far, I've seen episode one. Wonder if I can squeeze one more episode in tonight :hmm:

One disc, 3 episodes down. The last being where Don left to get his daughter's birthday cake and didn't come back for hours, and then returned with a dog. And the mysterious identification on the train (which my s-i-l had already told me about when explaining the premise of the show). Now to rent the other 3 discs, 9 episodes (I'm assuming).

*psst*

Surfthechannel.com

BUT, if you have Comcast, you can watch all the episodes OnDemand on your television for free right now, including the Season 2 eppies.

*psst*

Surfthechannel.com

Thanks for the tip, I may watch BBC Life on Mars series, I will try to sent it to my TV.

I thought the first episode of season 2, was sub-par

it seems like often, these 'ground-breaking' series can not maintain the high standard set in the opening season.

we will see.

The On Demand feature on my living room cable box doesn't seem to work. I checked the bedroom cable box, and the On Demand feature is working. I caught 6 episodes so far... getting there!

3 more episodes to go in Season 1. The last one was where Don was being courted by another ad agency & his wife wanted to model :)

I want to keep watching the rest of the episodes! I accidently watched one out of order yesterday, but it did no harm. Watched Don being courted before Peggy's ad campaign success.

I was thinking about you last night

that is
I was thinking about you watching all these episodes
how much fun it must be
I guess you have seen the one where Draper walks in and a neighbor man has just hit his little boy
he ask the boy what happen
and his kid tells him.
Draper takes a breath
then tells the kid to apologize for misbehaving and not to do it again.

How times have changed.

You were thinking of me? :sexywink:

Yeah, right. About the show. OK, whatever.

I don't recall seeing that scene you described above. :hmm: Was that the one when they had a birthday party at the Draper house for the kid & Don disappeared for hours, and returned with the dog?

It is fun watching them all within a short period of time. I think I'll be a bit disappointed when I finally catch up. I have the last one of the first season, then the latest 2 (soon to be 3).

I liked when Betty was shooting at the neighbor's birds :lol:

OK, I'm up to date, but have questions.

I missed the last 10 minutes of the end of the first season. I think Don comes home & says he will go to Thanksgiving with his family. Then he comes home again to an empty house, so I'm assuming the first scene was more a "dream" and the reality was that it was empty when he arrived, as the family had already gone ahead without him as planned? Did I miss anything else there?

Peggy - had a baby? WTF? So she was pregnant and didn't know it until she went into labor? Or am I missing something. I assume it's Pete's baby. And then she took 2 months off? What happened to the baby?

Just finished the last episode, and I see there are 3 kids over at (I assume) Peggy's mom's house. Are these all Peggy's kids? What's this all about. :scratch: And I guess I'm supposed to assume that 2 years has passed, or at least some amount of time... (as posted earlier in the thread about the show ending in '69). Francine is still with Carlton, but I assume not happy...

That's it. For now...

OK, I'm up to date, but have questions.

I missed the last 10 minutes of the end of the first season. I think Don comes home & says he will go to Thanksgiving with his family. Then he comes home again to an empty house, so I'm assuming the first scene was more a "dream" and the reality was that it was empty when he arrived, as the family had already gone ahead without him as planned? Did I miss anything else there?

Peggy - had a baby? WTF? So she was pregnant and didn't know it until she went into labor? Or am I missing something. I assume it's Pete's baby. And then she took 2 months off? What happened to the baby?

Just finished the last episode, and I see there are 3 kids over at (I assume) Peggy's mom's house. Are these all Peggy's kids? What's this all about. :scratch: And I guess I'm supposed to assume that 2 years has passed, or at least some amount of time... (as posted earlier in the thread about the show ending in '69). Francine is still with Carlton, but I assume not happy...

That's it. For now...

You're right on the first count about Don being alone on Thanksgiving. Peggy got pregnant, most likely, on the first episode when she slept with Pete. If you remember, she had just started taking the Pill that day, and because of the ignorance many had about sex during that time, she probably didn't know it takes about a month to protect properly. When she has the baby in the season finale, she clearly wants nothing to do with it. In the second episode of season 2 (last week), Peggy goes to her mother's for dinner, and her older sister is there as well. We find out that the State of New York took the baby from Peggy and gave him to her sister who is married and has 2 children of her own (the other 2 kids in the room) 14 months have passed. Season 1 ended on Thanksgiving of 1960. Season 2 picks up on Valentine's Day 1962. Francine/Cutthroat Bitch (it's just as appropriate nickname for her on MM as it was on "House" :lol:), is still with Carlton.

Thanks for the update & clarification. How could she not know she was pregnant? I mean there is some weight gain, no? :der: Peggy looked much slimmer in season 2. How awkward for her sitting in the church & holding the little boy. She abandoned her boy, she abandoned her son! :)

I've yet to see last night's episode. I taped it. I have to squeeze it in between Olympic competition :)

I loved last night's episode. The Jackie/Marilyn duality was a perfect metaphor for the duality in each character, especially Don. I loved that scene where he left Bobbie tied up. That bitch had it coming. I HATE her character. I was really surprised to see the change in Peggy at the end. It'll be interesting to see where this goes, and how/if Pete will confront her. He was staring daggers at her during that scene in the club.

Yeah, but I don't think he even knows that a child exists.

SPOILER!

He doesn't. Last week's episode showed a flashback to the time right after Peggy gave birth. Don came to visit her in the hospital, and he figured out what had happened. He told her "When you get out of here, move forward, pretend this never happened." It will shock you how much this never happened." Of course he was comparing (without actually telling Peggy, of course) to his Dick Whitman days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom