M. Night Shyamalan's Next Movie-Lady In The Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always find his films very intriguing, even though I was a little disappointed with Signs and Unbreakable.

I shall definitely go to see this when it come out next year though:up:

I am intrigued, but The Village was one of the worst pieces of excrement that I ever had to suffer through.

While I like Paul Giamatti and like Shyamalan's movies (although I haven't seen The Village), the trailer left me cold. It's just a teaser, I guess - we're supposed to want to see it because it's Shyamalan, and/or Paul Giamatti, not because it looks like a good story.

# Lady in the Water (2006) ??

i hope this is good

villagepre3.jpg

this lead actress has my attention

this is the order
i rate his films

# The Sixth Sense (1999)
# Unbreakable (2000)
# Signs (2002)
# The Village (2004)

This could be his last major film if it has poor box office numbers

deep said:
# Lady in the Water (2006) ??

i hope this is good

villagepre3.jpg

this lead actress has my attention

:ohmy: Is that Bryce Dallas Howard? If so, huzzah for casting her again. She was brilliant in The Village.

She is a beautiful young lady and looks a lot like her dad.

Although I didn't really like The Village, I did like her. I thought she did a great job.
Joaquin Phoenix wasn't so bad either. :wink: :drool:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:ohmy: Is that Bryce Dallas Howard? If so, huzzah for casting her again. She was brilliant in The Village.

her? :wink:

She and Joaquin Phoenix were the only bright spots of that shitfest.

Here's my M Night Shyma-movie rater:

The Sixth Sense
Signs
Unbreakable
The Village. :grumpy:

LemonMacPhisto said:

her? :wink:

She and Joaquin Phoenix were the only bright spots of that shitfest.

Yeah, but just because a movie sucks doesn't mean one actor can't still be brilliant. I liked the movie a lot, but I think that's because I found her brilliant, and I'm a huge fan of Phoenix. If anyone else played those parts, it would totally suck.

I haven't seen this movie yet because it really freaks me out anything with water or under water really freaks me....We just put a pool in our back yard and my hubby said lets go for a swim after the kids go to bed and after I saw the trailer for it I was like no way.....never :crazy:

^ So no late-night, under-water lovin' for hubby, huh? :eek:
He might not ever like this movie just for it's unfortunate timing. :giggle:

:hug: JC... we all have our phobias. :hug: :yes:

As for the movie, I just saw another preview of it tonight & I'm personally looking forward to it. The only film of MNS that I haven't seen & don't think I'm interested in is "Unbreakable". Granted, I didn't like the Village as much as 6th Sense & Signs, but I still think it had merit. To each his own, though, right? :shrug:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yeah, but just because a movie sucks doesn't mean one actor can't still be brilliant. I liked the movie a lot, but I think that's because I found her brilliant, and I'm a huge fan of Phoenix. If anyone else played those parts, it would totally suck.

oh I agree with you, I meant that they were the best parts of that movie.

the "Her?" was an Arrested Development reference since her Ron Howard is the narrator. Not as good of a joke as I thought it would be. :tongue:

BluRmGrl said:
^ So no late-night, under-water lovin' for hubby, huh? :eek:
He might not ever like this movie just for it's unfortunate timing. :giggle:

:hug: JC... we all have our phobias. :hug: :yes:

As for the movie, I just saw another preview of it tonight & I'm personally looking forward to it. The only film of MNS that I haven't seen & don't think I'm interested in is "Unbreakable". Granted, I didn't like the Village as much as 6th Sense & Signs, but I still think it had merit. To each his own, though, right? :shrug:

well maybe or maybe next summer...:giggle: :hug:

LemonMacPhisto said:

oh I agree with you, I meant that they were the best parts of that movie.

the "Her?" was an Arrested Development reference since her Ron Howard is the narrator. Not as good of a joke as I thought it would be. :tongue:

Gotcha! :wink:

Never seen Arrested Development :reject:

Lady in the Water can come out next month, I can wait.

I can't wait for SNAKES ON A PLANE though.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I can't wait for SNAKES ON A PLANE though.
So you're another who fell for that 'it's so bad it's good' online marketing campaign orchestrated by the studio, huh?

You'll be pleased to hear it's so bad they've refused to give press screenings ahead of its release.

Hollywood Reporter has a review of Lady In The Water. I don't like to read reviews before I see movies, especially movies like his. But I skimmed it and it didn't look good.

Back
Top Bottom