m e r c u r y r e v

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Who's a Mercury Rev fan? They are coming here as part of their tour! If I can squeeze out the moolah, I'll surely see them.

I just wanted to recommend to you folks Mercury Rev's "All Is Dream". I like this album from top to bottom. They write melodic songs, but with a sorta dark twist sometimes. Their more well known album is "Deserter's Songs".

that's all

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

I've got 'All is Dream', 'Desterter's Song' and 'Boces'. They're quite strange. If you like Mercury Rev check out the Flaming Lips. Jonathan Donahue from Mercury Rev used to be a member and the two bands are rather like minded.
By the way, I've heard that Bono is gonna appear on the new Flaming Lips record which should be out sometime this year. Does anybody know if there's any truth to this?

------------------
I'm the boy with the poetry power
I'm the boy who smells like flowers
Everytime I make a rhyme
I live my life like I wasn't invited

Originally posted by candyfloss:
Bono is gonna appear on the new Flaming Lips record which should be out sometime this year

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!? The Soft Bulletin is one of my top 5 albums of all time. This would be so incredible I couldn't even believe it...Where'd you hear it?

There was an article in Spin or Rolling Stone about some sort of collaboration between the Lips and other artists, Bono among them. But this was about a year ago and we probably would've heard more about it by now if it had happened. But who knows?

Bono+Flaming Lips?? Kick ass!!!

Didn't know bout the Mercury Rev Flaming LIps connection before, but love both bands!

I have Deserter Songs and All Is Dream, love the former bigtime, but haven't really listened to All Is Dream enough, it's not as good from what I have heard, some classic songs nonetheless.

Soft Bulletin is up there in my best album list too

"Deserter's Songs" is brilliant, really! I love it! But to be honest, I never got completely into The Soft Bulletin, although I like some certain songs as The Gash and Feeling Yourself Disintegrate. But The Spark That Bled ... what's up with it? Or What Is The Light. I don't like them that much.

------------------
Take the money and run

While I'm at it, check out Stina Nordenstam. She sang Little Star from the Romeo + Juliet sountrack. Well, she has about six albums out already, I think, but the one I'm interested in is This is (Stina Nordenstam). Brett Anderson features on this album.

foray

The flaming lips are one of the only reasona I have to take pride in my state...Oklahoma...I've seen them live 4 times..love the soft bulletin and priest driven ambulence. I really like "what is the light" by the way...

Back
Top Bottom