Lyrics r us (a game of witts) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2003, 12:53 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dsmith2904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Just keep me where the light is
Posts: 12,290
Local Time: 08:19 PM
Very cool questionnaire!

1. Are you male or female? Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
2. Describe yourself: I feel so mean, I feel in between
3. How do your friends feel about you? Just your typical prototype
4. How do you feel about yourself? Then I find myself choking on all my contradictions
5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend? The simple things are simply too complicated for my life
6. What would you rather be doing? So let's just keep on dancing
7. Describe where you live: The sky is full of clouds and my world's full of people
8. Describe how you love: A real love survives, a rock steady vibe
9. Share a few words of wisdom: There's more than one dimension
__________________

__________________
dsmith2904 is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 01:45 AM   #32
Refugee
 
Danospano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,415
Local Time: 11:19 PM
Okay, this one should be easy.


1. Are you male or female?: "I get up on Monday and I work all day. I go 'til Friday when I get my pay. I'm a long, long way from the promised land. Oh, I'm just a working man"

2. Describe yourself: "I can't dance, I can't talk. The only thing about me is the way I walk."

3. How do your friends feel about you? "They don't tell me nothing, so I find out all I can. Oh, I don't mind"

4. How do you feel about yourself? "Well you can tell ev'ryone I'm a down disgrace. Drag my name all over the place. I don't care anymore.'

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend? "She's an easy lover, she'll get ahold of you. Believe me. She's like no other. Before you know it you'll be on your knees."

6. What would you rather be doing? I'd rather have someone, "take.....take me home....cause I don't remember"

7. Describe where you live: "....the land of confusion..."

8. Describe how you love: "...with 'an invisible touch, yeah!'"

9. Share a few words of wisdom: "Stop. Think twice, it's just another day for you and me in paradise."
__________________

__________________
Danospano is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: eachnotesecure.com
Posts: 5,058
Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
Okay, this one should be easy.


1. Are you male or female?: "I get up on Monday and I work all day. I go 'til Friday when I get my pay. I'm a long, long way from the promised land. Oh, I'm just a working man"

2. Describe yourself: "I can't dance, I can't talk. The only thing about me is the way I walk."

3. How do your friends feel about you? "They don't tell me nothing, so I find out all I can. Oh, I don't mind"

4. How do you feel about yourself? "Well you can tell ev'ryone I'm a down disgrace. Drag my name all over the place. I don't care anymore.'

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend? "She's an easy lover, she'll get ahold of you. Believe me. She's like no other. Before you know it you'll be on your knees."

6. What would you rather be doing? I'd rather have someone, "take.....take me home....cause I don't remember"

7. Describe where you live: "....the land of confusion..."

8. Describe how you love: "...with 'an invisible touch, yeah!'"

9. Share a few words of wisdom: "Stop. Think twice, it's just another day for you and me in paradise."
Genesis Dano???
__________________
Elvis Presley is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 10:14 AM   #34
Refugee
 
Danospano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,415
Local Time: 11:19 PM
Elvis Presley: You are more or less correct. It's Phil Collins. Some of the tunes are from his solo career and others from the work he did with Genesis.

1) Genesis: "Working Man"
2) Genesis: "I Can't Dance"
3) Phil Collins: "Take Me Home"
4) Phil Collins: "I Don't Care Anymore"
5) Phil Collins: "Easy Lover"
6) Phil Collins: "Take Me Home"
7) Genesis: "Land of Confusion"
8) Genesis: "Invisible Touch"
9) Phil Collins: "Another Day In Paradise"
__________________
Danospano is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 12:03 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
hiphop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the jungle
Posts: 7,410
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Re: Lyrics r us (a game of witts)

out of one album:


1. Are you male or female? sounds like a real man to me

2. Describe yourself: if you know how to rock say yeah

3. How do your friends feel about you? tonight we´re gonna have some fun

4. How do you feel about yourself? feel so good it must be a crime

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend? oh baby my one and only desire

6. What would you rather be doing? i may be qualified for a one night stand

7. Describe where you live: in this city, in this funky town

8. Describe how you love: in a bed, on the stairs, anywhere, allright

9. Share a few words of wisdom:

its silly when a rocket blows and everybody still wants to fly
some say man ain´t happy truly ´til man truly dies
__________________
hiphop is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 12:22 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Giant Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: out in the slipstream
Posts: 3,265
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Cool idea!

1. Are you male or female?
stupid girl

2. Describe yourself:
I am a bonfire
I am a vampire
I'm waiting for my moment


3. How do your friends feel about you?
She knows the human heart
And how to read the stars


4. How do you feel about yourself?
I think I'm paranoid
Manipulated
I think I'm paranoid
Too complicated


5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend?
I'm waiting
I'm waiting for you


6. What would you rather be doing?
Let's make out in the back of your car
Let's go driving and toodling around
We could always get lost in a crowd
Are you ready to get deep down?


7. Describe where you live:
It doesn't matter where you are

8. Describe how you love:
I'll strip away your hard veneer
And see what I can find


9. Share a few words of wisdom:
Believing in nothing
Makes life so boring
So let’s pray for something
To feel good in the morning
__________________
Giant Lemon is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 12:52 PM   #37
Bordering Purgatory
 
Flag Pole Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 794
Local Time: 10:19 PM
1. Are you male or female?
im just a man, im not giving in.

2. Describe yourself:
nowadays i get panicked
i cease to exist
i have ceased to exist
i feel absolutely nothing
the words are out of ink

3. How do your friends feel about you?
they'd think that i'd finally lost it completely

4. How do you feel about yourself?

I'm just uptight uptight

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend?
i keep falling over i keep passing out when i see a face like you

6. What would you rather be doing?
are you sweet?
are you fresh?
are you strung up by the wrists?
we suck young blood


7. Describe where you live:
i live in a town where you cant smell a thing and you watch your feet for cracks in the pavement.

8. Describe how you love:
she runs from her father crying
yellow milkshakes
hardrock cafe's
that's where she got her sweet tooth for white boys


9. Share a few words of wisdom:
after years of waiting
nothing came
and as your life flashed before your eyes you realize you were looking the wrong place
__________________
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt
Flag Pole Pear is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 01:26 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: full of sound and fury
Posts: 3,386
Local Time: 05:19 PM
1. Are you male or female?
i'm just a jealous guy

2. Describe yourself:
i'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round

3. How do your friends feel about you?
people say i'm crazy/dreaming my life away

4. How do you feel about yourself?
Don't need a sword to cut through flowers

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend?
There's never a space in between the beat of our hearts

6. What would you rather be doing?
time is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans

7. Describe where you live:
Pig Meat City.

8. Describe how you love:
Music touching my soul/ something warm/ sudden cold

9. Share a few words of wisdom:
give peace a chance
__________________
foray is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 01:40 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: eachnotesecure.com
Posts: 5,058
Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Flag Pole Pear
1. Are you male or female?
im just a man, im not giving in.

2. Describe yourself:
nowadays i get panicked
i cease to exist
i have ceased to exist
i feel absolutely nothing
the words are out of ink

3. How do your friends feel about you?
they'd think that i'd finally lost it completely

4. How do you feel about yourself?

I'm just uptight uptight

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend?
i keep falling over i keep passing out when i see a face like you

6. What would you rather be doing?
are you sweet?
are you fresh?
are you strung up by the wrists?
we suck young blood


7. Describe where you live:
i live in a town where you cant smell a thing and you watch your feet for cracks in the pavement.

8. Describe how you love:
she runs from her father crying
yellow milkshakes
hardrock cafe's
that's where she got her sweet tooth for white boys


9. Share a few words of wisdom:
after years of waiting
nothing came
and as your life flashed before your eyes you realize you were looking the wrong place
damn bear, thats the same #5 answer I used, I think this band is called Thom and the Amnesiacs or Radiohead to the layman.....
__________________
Elvis Presley is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 02:17 PM   #40
Bordering Purgatory
 
Flag Pole Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 794
Local Time: 10:19 PM
ya i know elvis, but its such a good line.

but since you arent a 100% sure of what band it is, ill give you a multiple choice answer:

a) men with hats
b) dixie's midnight runners
c) our lady peace
d) the headshrinkers
__________________
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt
Flag Pole Pear is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 02:20 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: eachnotesecure.com
Posts: 5,058
Local Time: 12:19 AM
I'll go with d, for the mere fact that the other names sicken me a bit........
__________________
Elvis Presley is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 02:25 PM   #42
Bordering Purgatory
 
Flag Pole Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 794
Local Time: 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis Presley
I'll go with d, for the mere fact that the other names sicken me a bit........
__________________
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt
Flag Pole Pear is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 03:02 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: eachnotesecure.com
Posts: 5,058
Local Time: 12:19 AM
by the way, I think you meant Dexy's Midnight Runners, as in "come on eileen"......

maybe now though, you are in cloud cukoo land after all......
__________________
Elvis Presley is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 04:32 PM   #44
Bordering Purgatory
 
Flag Pole Pear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 794
Local Time: 10:19 PM
dexy's is spelled dixy's in canada.
__________________
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt
Flag Pole Pear is offline  
Old 02-06-2003, 04:44 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Re: Lyrics r us (a game of witts)

1. Are you male or female? "She's a radio playing in the dark"
2. Describe yourself: I am born to be what I must be and I must be
3. How do your friends feel about you? That I am better left alone
4. How do you feel about yourself? So tell me again what am I feeling you know me so well
So what am I feeling and how can you tell
I've got a feeling you don't know
5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend? He's grazing the surface of sleep
6. What would you rather be doing? Coming back to the city
That I never quite leave
Picture you be the ocean
Picture me coughing into my sleeve
7. Describe where you live: In a city that kills by constriction
8. Describe how you love: Still I feel,
That I am envious and obvious and desperate for your love,
I am shouted by and criticised,
Still I crave your touch.
And I know the time you're killing is mine,
But I... I don't mind.
9. Share a few words of wisdom: If you love
Bury it deep
When you talk
Know that talk is cheap
Swallow your tounge
This is not your fight
It's braver sometimes just to run
__________________

__________________
meegannie is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com