Lyrical Analysis of Reggaetón

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can we please just ban this fucking music. Rap looks like Mozart compared to this shit.

heartrw5.jpg

:heart:

Ivy Queen - Yo Quiero Bailar

Yo quiero bailar (I want to dance)
Tu quieres sudar (You want to sweat)
Y pegarte a mi (And get all up ons)
El cuerpo rozar (Bodies touching)
Yo te digo si tu me puedes provocar (And I'll tell you if you can provoke me??)
Eso no quiere decir que pa la cama voy (But that don't mean I'm a ho.)

Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkHjuvGnsRk

This reminds me of a skit by Dave Chappelle. Goes something like this:
"The girl says, 'Wait a minute! Just because I'm dressed this way does not make me a whore!' Which is true. Gentlemen, that is true. Just because they dress a certain way doesn't mean they are a certain way. Don't ever forget it. But ladies, you must understand that that is fucking confusing! It just is. Now that would be like me, Dave Chappelle the comedian, walking down the street in a cop uniform. Somebody might run up on me, saying, 'Oh, thank God. Officer, help us! Come on. They're over here. Help us!' 'OHH!! Just because I'm dressed this way does not make me a police officer!' All right, ladies, fine. You are not a whore. But you are wearing a whore's uniform."

:barf:

All these backing beats sound like they were made on a Casio.

And not a new Casio. The little ones from the '80s.

:barf:

No one responded to my backlash, but I insist I did. I'd give you a link, but youtube is down. :(

Just search for reggaeton blows when it comes back and look for the guy mock dancing to reggaeton. My comments are there. :wink:

:love:

Guys, I'm going to take my camera with me next time I hit up a chonga paradise.

I almost wrote parasite. :hyper:

so that explains why my sister all of a sudden thinks all black converses are cool.

there was something on the news the other night, some church banned reggaeton from throwing a party in its rec space because one of the groups plastered flyers with naked women all around suburbia to advertise for the show.

They say that ignorance is bliss and I didn't know what reggaeton was until I went through this thread. I really wish I hadn't! I had heard people refer to this as one of their favourite "music" genres and was always curious to hear what it was.

Well, I just returned from a one week vacation in Cuba and I cannot tell you how many times I heard Gasolina by Daddy Yankee. That song got everyone going,including myself. Now that I know what the lyrics mean I feel so ashamed to have danced to such a retched song! :reject:

PlaTheGreat said:
I still think of the "I' going to inject you with bacteria" line and smile.
It's just genius.

:lmao:

Oh Reggaeton artists, thank you for the constant laughter.

Aaaand the Miguelito song, my cousin listens to that little shit.

It's unbearable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom