Lupe Fiasco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I saw this dude when he opened for Kanye when I saw the Glow in the Dark Tour a few weeks ago. (Dope show, FYI)

I had heard his songs before that though and always sort of liked them, but now I really dig him. Any other Lupe fans in here!? Raise yo hands so we can get this party started. or not.

One of my favorite hip-hop artists around. He's made a couple of great records already, and I'm sure LupEND will also be top-notch. :up:

He's fantastic. Both of his records are really, really good. One of the few rap artists that I actually like a lot....

Nice! good to see some other people enjoy some rap around here.

when's LupEND due out? i've liked everything I've heard from him so far, so I'd be eager for the new release.

Lupe's sick. All I've gotten a chance to hear from The Cool so far is "Superstar", but Food & Liquor is one of the best rap albums of the last decade.

Lupe rocks:rockon:. Him, Kanye, Eminem, Common, and OutKast are my favorite hip-hop/rap artists.

shoulda seen the glow in the dark tour since two of those were in that show.

i picked up both albums today and they are both awesome. i listened to food and liquor all the way through and was thoroughly impressed. gonna give the cool a try tomorrow, and i think we've all heard "Superstar" from it (which is a great song anyway)

I randomly caught the video for 'I Gotcha' one night in 2006 and went and bought the album the next day. Probably in my top 10 or 20 albums of 2006. His albums are both fantastic (though The Cool didn't have as long term of an effect on me as Food & Liquor did).

Kick, Push II is probably still my favorite song of his. What other rappers have 2 songs on their debut album about skateboarding?

What your favorite songs of his, everyone?

I randomly caught the video for 'I Gotcha' one night in 2006 and went and bought the album the next day. Probably in my top 10 or 20 albums of 2006. His albums are both fantastic (though The Cool didn't have as long term of an effect on me as Food & Liquor did).

Kick, Push II is probably still my favorite song of his. What other rappers have 2 songs on their debut album about skateboarding?

I'd have to say my favorites would be Daydreamin', The Cool, Superstar, Streets on Fire and yes, I agree, Kick, Push II.

I do believe I prefer Food & Liquor to The Cool as well, but they are both very very good albums. Wish it hadn't taken me until I saw him live to really discover him, but hey, getting to see him live isn't bad either.

I saw this dude when he opened for Kanye when I saw the Glow in the Dark Tour a few weeks ago. (Dope show, FYI)

How much does each artist perform? Going to try to go to it here next week, they're listing NERD Rihanna, Lupe, and Kanye as all performing, but they say it doesn't start until 7. How's it all spaced out?

How much does each artist perform? Going to try to go to it here next week, they're listing NERD Rihanna, Lupe, and Kanye as all performing, but they say it doesn't start until 7. How's it all spaced out?

NERD performed for awhile, or at least it seemed like it. Probably 8-10 songs for them. Rihanna did a medley to start off which knocked off 3 songs of hers then did 4 or 5 full ones. Lupe about the same, about 9-10 songs or so. Kanye did a full setlist, closer to 20. He didn't even come on stage till a little after 11 PM and the whole show ended around 12:30 or so. There's about a 30-45 minute wait between artists. Lupe and NERD don't really do much with the stage but Rihanna has her own pieces of the stage that have to be carted out and then Kanye is the only one that uses all of the bells and whistles. Also, the order of the artists was Lupe, NERD, Rihanna and then Kanye.

To me, the difference between the two records is the amount of hooks. The Cool seems to have something that sticks in your head with each passing song, while Food & Liquor lacked in that area. On the other hand, the debut is a much easier listen from start to finish and The Cool has some garbage on it. Though not as much as you would think.

Best songs are Kick Push, He Say She Say, Daydreamin', Superstar, Hip-Hop Saved My Life, Streets On Fire.

Thanks, popacrobat. I'll definitely get there early then, as I'm probably more excited for Lupe than anyone else.

Good points, Leemoon Meloon. The amount of hookers is always important. On paper, there are probably more songs on The Cool that I like, but I still prefer F&L.

Back
Top Bottom