Lunar Eclipse Tonight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's actually very bright here...full moon fever! I just bought a new camera, so hopefully I can capture something.

SPACE MOON. SPACE MOON. THE WORLD NEEDS MORE SPACE MOON.

When I went for a trip in my kayak about a week ago, I kept looking at the sky & the moon as I paddled. It was so amazing at times, how the glow of the sky was reflected off the water. :drool: It's equally amazing how quickly things change...during my trip, the moon was a crescent moon, and now it's completely full.

c6a3459a.jpg

Now here's my crappy camera's attempt.....:giggle:
2f202f75.jpg

Got up at 3:45 this morning and watched it. Loved it! We had some clouds move in just after the total eclipse so I didn't get to see it re-emerge.
Nice pics, Gluey. I took some and am off to see how they turned out.

great pics justin. makes me wish i'd gotten up to see it. but they said it wouldn't be that great here. now if it had been a weekend i would have gotten up anyway lol.
at least lunar eclipses are fairly common (usually a couple times a year) so there will be other chances to see them.

when they turn red like that it always reminds me of the lyrics to a certain u2 song. :reject:

gluey said:
c6a3459a.jpg

Now here's my crappy camera's attempt.....:giggle:
2f202f75.jpg

Wow, gluey! I got up at 5:30 a.m., and the moon here in the northern hemisphere looked like the second picture from the left in the strip of pictures--except the dark part was at the top!! Is that because we are in the northern hemisphere and you are in the southern? :reject:

I looked again about 6:00 a.m., but the moon was setting behind the tree line. So I didn't even get a picture with *my* crappy camera. ;)

Great pix, Justin.

Here in the southern hemisphere, I had some dinner, sat out on the verandah at about 7.45 pm and watched the total eclipse.

I may or may not have had Bonnie Tyler humming through my brain...

We sat out on the porch at around 8pm and watched it, too.

I reeeeeeally want a telescope. I think I might buy one for fathers day. A homer present, kind of thing.
:shifty:

Angela Harlem said:
I reeeeeeally want a telescope.

Oh, me too. :drool: I've still got my old basic kid version, the one that also suffered some time as a coat rack and odd sock holder, but I want the real deal next time. NASA specifications.

I missed the moon this morning, but what I saw this evening was a great consolation! I went for a hike up a hill next to the ocean with my dog, and ended up seeing one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed. I thought I was doing great at first, with the swirling seagulls circling the tops of cliffs, and the swell of the sea below. I was taking it all in, listening to music, and occasionally glancing down to make sure I wasn't stepping on my dog's paws. Then I saw it: A massive, pink-coloured moon slowly creeping over the Atlantic Ocean horizon. Truly breathtaking. People were stopping with their cameras, and others just staring in awe. I was in the latter group, and just kept mumbling "holy shit" under my breath.

I wish I had taken my camera! :sad: I came so close to actually asking someone if they could email me a photo, but chickened out. I think I'll go back tomorrow to see if the magic happens again, but I somehow doubt it will be duplicated...seriously great. :drool:

MsPurrl said:

Wow, gluey! I got up at 5:30 a.m., and the moon here in the northern hemisphere looked like the second picture from the left in the strip of pictures--except the dark part was at the top!! Is that because we are in the northern hemisphere and you are in the southern? :reject:

I looked again about 6:00 a.m., but the moon was setting behind the tree line. So I didn't even get a picture with *my* crappy camera. ;)

Great pix, Justin.

I'd say so....you guys do everything upside down in the Northern Hemisphere! :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom