Lucero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
we don't appear to have a thread on them, which is odd because i distinctly recall starting one. hmm.

two questions:
anyone here dig them?
and pronunciation: lusero or lukero? stupid question, i know, but i have no idea. well, i have some idea, but i don't know for sure.

Hey,
I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan by local standards, but I like 'em a lot and try to catchan occasional show when they play in town. Their local shows are a spectacle if you don't mind getting beer drenched.

Funny you bring them up b/c I'm getting ready to go see a documentary on them down at the Memphis Indie Film Festival in about an hour. Should be rowdy.

And it's loo-SER-oh.

agentorange said:
Hey,
I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan by local standards, but I like 'em a lot and try to catchan occasional show when they play in town. Their local shows are a spectacle if you don't mind getting beer drenched.

Funny you bring them up b/c I'm getting ready to go see a documentary on them down at the Memphis Indie Film Festival in about an hour. Should be rowdy.

And it's loo-SER-oh.

:up:

thanks. good to know that the one time i played a song on the radio (i think it was "drink til we're gone" ) i didn't screw up and say the band name wrong. i hate when djs do that.

j.i.t.b - wish i had some recommendations. i only know a handful of songs, all of which i enjoy, but it's not fairly representative of anything.
drink til we're gone
wasted
hold fast
raising hell
hate and jealousy
the last song
i think there were a cople others, but i can't remember them off the top of my head.

if you've got soulseek, you can grab them off me (edgeDKM) in the main section of the "good pop + rock (indie and otherwise)" folder.

ah, and yesterday I downloaded a Replacements song from your files... I'll check again today later

Recommendations...

Well, if you haven't heard any of their stuff, you can go to luceromusic.com and hear some streams from their new album. "Sixteen" is a good start. From hearing their other stuff, you will notice a few things: 1) their songs tend to sound a lot alike, 2) Ben's lyrics can be indecipherable, and kinda like Kurt Cobain having a massive BM and 3) the songs are raw as all getout. Not an example of technical musicianship, and not the fare of your typical U2 fan. But many of the songs are solid if you can decipher the lyrics.

Their previous stuff is pretty hard to find and out of print, I think. I have That Much Further West, and I'd recommend Hate & Jealousy and The Only One.

If you like what you hear, catch them live. They really are a live band at heart, and they stay on the road for the most part. Their music seems to be written for hearing in a dank bar.

Back
Top Bottom