Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't real artists. How is that so hard to understand?!

They are all artists, I think you should be more addressing the fact that they're all ElMel if you really want to find a rule being broken.

But since it's ElMel appearing in different bands, and that has been okayed (Hell even Passengers is credited as different as U2) then, he's not doing anything wrong.

i believe it has been suggested, but even then, it's a suggestion. like a waiter telling you they suggest the prime rib. if you don't order the prime rib, you won't be thrown out of the restaurant.

but i can see why the suggestion is in place, as it could create very redundant music. but if one wants to risk it (and i always use at least one artist multiple times technically through their various bands/solo shit) then that's a risk they have to take. but using U2, passengers, edge solo, and bono collaborating with someone is allowed.

That's what I was referring to. It's allowed, but it's suggested agasint. But still...allowed

I am. You and LMP have a thing about saying someone isn't addressing your points just because you aren't getting the answers you want.

No. It's not about the answer. Like I said before a few nights ago, it's knowing that you at least read through our argument and present a counterargument. That's all it is. Agreeing to disagree is one thing, but being so vehemently against something while everyone else has presented their logical arguments to you is plain dumb.

Actually I have answered that question but you clearly weren't reading. I said LemonMelon is an artist that means one song. These aren't real artists that he is creating.

Holy fucking shit. Read Khan's posts, please.

Actually I have answered that question but you clearly weren't reading. I said LemonMelon is an artist that means one song. These aren't real artists that he is creating.

Originally posted by No spoken words
The Cycle of Screw...

1 - Screwtape makes an insane assertion, based on 20 years of living at home, walking the fine line between looking at a girl and the penetrating glare of a psycho and reading a lot of Wilde, Keats and Pretentious Artist Digest (which IS art).

2 - Many people older, smarter, more open minded and wiser than Screwtape patiently explain why his point of view could be a bit flawed. These are, typically, rational arguments and a possible entryway into a nice give and take.

3 - Screwtape then digs in, and patiently explains why everyone is wrong, attempting the quickly end the debate he engineered in the first place.

4 - Patience thins, and Screwtape is, rightfully, scolded for being not at all open minded or capable of mature, intelligent discourse.

5 - Screwtape deigns to explain to everyone else that not only are they wrong, but that they could never understand Screw's perfectly correct point of view nor will they ever understand anything beyond their base knowledge of the world. Again, Screw is 20.

6 - The posts to Screwtape exclusively become personal jibes, most of which ring true. Patience has evaporated and exasperation sets in. Also, the comedic flair of some members comes to the forefront, which places Screw at a great disadvantage, as it's hard to be a myopic, stubborn twit but still have time to cultivate a legit sense of humor.

7. Screwtape, sensing that things are getting out of hand and a tad immature, decides to be the bigger man, by exclaiming something akin to "I am picking up my toys and leaving the sand box. So there!". Screw leaves in a huff, but, he always comes back...eventually.

8. Thread carries on without Screw, as aftershocks are felt and newcomers to the thread get to discover the wonders within. These threads are the gifts that keep on giving.

9. Everyone repairs to San Remo, Atlanta, Germany, for refreshments.

We're on part five, guys.

So if you can submit 4 different songs - one each by Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Bad Radio, and solo Eddie Vedder...all projects that feature Vedder...why can't LM submit 4 songs under different project names?

/sorry

This is the most intense it's been in a while. Must be fun to watch.

I love it. Especially considering there's absolutely nothing on tv and I have to wait until I get paid to buy the second season of Arrested Development. So please don't stop, this is fun.

You're saying that no other artist, ever ever in the history of all time, space, and music has ever gone by a different name, or appeared in a different band?

Jesus, the idea was to lighten up the DI atmosphere, not make it worse

So, can I not use Passengers and The Edge because I'm using U2?

Can I not use John Frusciante because I'm using RHCP?

So if you can submit 4 different songs - one each by Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Bad Radio, and solo Eddie Vedder...all projects that feature Vedder...why can't LM submit 4 songs under different project names?

/sorry

That's something I wonder, too. Oh well.

There's a reason why NSW is my favorite person on this forum, no offense, other friends.

Originally posted by No spoken words
The Cycle of Screw...

1 - Screwtape makes an insane assertion, based on 20 years of living at home, walking the fine line between looking at a girl and the penetrating glare of a psycho and reading a lot of Wilde, Keats and Pretentious Artist Digest (which IS art).

2 - Many people older, smarter, more open minded and wiser than Screwtape patiently explain why his point of view could be a bit flawed. These are, typically, rational arguments and a possible entryway into a nice give and take.

3 - Screwtape then digs in, and patiently explains why everyone is wrong, attempting the quickly end the debate he engineered in the first place.

4 - Patience thins, and Screwtape is, rightfully, scolded for being not at all open minded or capable of mature, intelligent discourse.

5 - Screwtape deigns to explain to everyone else that not only are they wrong, but that they could never understand Screw's perfectly correct point of view nor will they ever understand anything beyond their base knowledge of the world. Again, Screw is 20.

6 - The posts to Screwtape exclusively become personal jibes, most of which ring true. Patience has evaporated and exasperation sets in. Also, the comedic flair of some members comes to the forefront, which places Screw at a great disadvantage, as it's hard to be a myopic, stubborn twit but still have time to cultivate a legit sense of humor.

7. Screwtape, sensing that things are getting out of hand and a tad immature, decides to be the bigger man, by exclaiming something akin to "I am picking up my toys and leaving the sand box. So there!". Screw leaves in a huff, but, he always comes back...eventually.

8. Thread carries on without Screw, as aftershocks are felt and newcomers to the thread get to discover the wonders within. These threads are the gifts that keep on giving.

9. Everyone repairs to San Remo, Atlanta, Germany, for refreshments.

I think its safe to say that this is one of my all-time favorite posts.

You're saying that no other artist, ever ever in the history of all time, space, and music has ever gone by a different name, or appeared in a different band?

Could one not use Rage Against the Machine and The Nightwatchman?

Could one not use John Lennon and The Beatles? Paul McCartney and the Beatles? George Harrison and The Beatles?

I think the count of people who think Screwy is completely off-base has risen to about 7.

That's just in this one thread, mind you.

They aren't real. If you don't see that then I don't know what to say to you. You are just wrong. :shrug:

Nah, we're not.

Who wants to skip steps 6, 7, and 8 and have refreshments? Then again, we would be breaking the cycle, and that's no good...

this is my last post on the subject. and it's not even my words!

Screwtape, there are critics of DI out there, including competitors. Have you noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom