Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all wrong. Sorry. :shrug:

This wouldn't be nearly as frustrating if he'd, you know, address our arguments instead of continuing to say, "It's clearly breaking the rules." Clearly, it's not clear, else you wouldn't have five people disagreeing with you.

This wouldn't be nearly as frustrating if he'd, you know, address our arguments instead of continuing to say, "It's clearly breaking the rules." Clearly, it's not clear, else you wouldn't have five people disagreeing with you.

For. Fuck's. Sake.

You're wrong. Sorry, bitch.

I can't decide.

Should I stay here, watch the fireworks, and listen to the end of ElMel's list.

Or pause ElMel's list (Ohnoes), and get some ice cream :hmm:

How much clearer can it get? He is using artists that are not real. That is against the rules.

Can you at least explain how they aren't real artists?
because they're all lemel, apparently. never mind the only stipulation about artists is they need to be on myspace, or on an official release. i mean, if i use tim finn THREE TIMES (split enz, solo, and crowded house) then what, i'm breaking the rules? no! it's separate artists. the same thing applies to lemel. they're separate artists as they have different names. it's not even some murky territory like jefferson airplane/jefferson starship/starship, where it's technically one band, but different names.

I'm really curious as to how LemonMelon is not an artist. You're the one who goes to great pains to define art as something created. LemonMelon is creating music. And it's different genres, so the projects are titled different. It's art. It's on a Myspace to follow the rules. It hits the points on my checklist, LMP's, LM's, Khan's, Axver's, and, I imagine, Phanan's.

Let me get this straight... and I don't want to just come off as a DI newbster who doesn't know about the argument but I have to jump in really quickly.

So is it just that LM is going to take tracks that he has recorded himself and submit them to the DI competition?

#1 - LM, even though he isn't signed to a big money-hungry label or anything, IS a real artist. As long as he is making the tunes.

#2 - I think it's a cool idea and I'd love to hear the original tracks!

Sorry...just my two meaningless cents.

because they're all lemel, apparently. never mind the only stipulation about artists is they need to be on myspace, or on an official release. i mean, if i use tim finn THREE TIMES (split enz, solo, and crowded house) then what, i'm breaking the rules? no! it's separate artists. the same thing applies to lemel. they're separate artists as they have different names. it's not even some murky territory like jefferson airplane/jefferson starship/starship, where it's technically one band, but different names.

Well, wasn't there originally a suggestion though that you try not to do that?

They don't actually exist. They are a work of fiction.
really now? explain to me how someone recording a song is a work of fiction? it's the exact same process any musician would use. it's only fiction in your mind because you're making out to be that way. i'm sorry, but you're taking this way too seriously. and you won't address this post anyway, so...i like cheese.

I am. You and LMP have a thing about saying someone isn't addressing your points just because you aren't getting the answers you want.

:lmao: All you keep saying is "You're wrong!" You still have yet to address my point that LM IS a real artist, which I brough up pages ago.

Well, wasn't there originally a suggestion though that you try not to do that?
i believe it has been suggested, but even then, it's a suggestion. like a waiter telling you they suggest the prime rib. if you don't order the prime rib, you won't be thrown out of the restaurant.

but i can see why the suggestion is in place, as it could create very redundant music. but if one wants to risk it (and i always use at least one artist multiple times technically through their various bands/solo shit) then that's a risk they have to take. but using U2, passengers, edge solo, and bono collaborating with someone is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom