Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they aren't real artists. If LemonMelon wants to include one of his songs that's fine but making up artists that don't exist is clearly against the rules. I can't understand why people don't see that. It is so clear.

You can have fun without breaking the rules. If LemonMelon wants to write an insane prog rock track he can but he can't create fake artists.

Why aren't they real artists?

Why are you ignoring the rules?

It is clearly against the rules and your entry won't be accepted. It is as simple as that.
sorry, but this is bullshit. YOU do not control what is accepted into the contest. when you helped out, it's not like you were a co-chairman of the competition. i'd say decisions about the competitions lie solely on axver and phanan. they decide when stuff is run, not us. if i declared i think DI5 should start today, they'd tell me tough shit, it's starting when they say so.

and plus, come on. there's a lot of people on this forum who think these competitions are taken waaaaaay too seriously. even to me, this thing has gotten away from what it was supposed to be: lists of music you'd bring with you if you were stranded on a desert island. i remember the first competition, it was so much more lighthearted...it still had some seriousness to it since there were rules and such, but it's just gotten worse with each competition.

But they aren't real artists. If LemonMelon wants to include one of his songs that's fine but making up artists that don't exist is clearly against the rules. I can't understand why people don't see that. It is so clear.

You can have fun without breaking the rules. If LemonMelon wants to write an insane prog rock track he can but he can't create fake artists.

What's the difference between him putting one of his own songs on there and him making another song with another artist title and doing it? He's still making and distributing both tracks.

and plus, come on. there's a lot of people on this forum who think these competitions are taken waaaaaay too seriously. even to me, this thing has gotten away from what it was supposed to be: lists of music you'd bring with you if you were stranded on a desert island. i remember the first competition, it was so much more lighthearted...it still had some seriousness to it since there were rules and such, but it's just gotten worse with each competition.

Yes. :up:

no. there is no rule stating his submissions aren't considered "real" artists. he's planning on making a myspace for each artist, thus fulfilling his obligation as to making them official releases.

sorry, you're wrong on this one.

He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules. He's not breaking the rules. You're ignoring the rules.

I can play repetitive arguments, too.

Axver read his rules that he wrote and determined that LemonMelon would not be breaking any rules if he did that. What part of that do you not comprehend?

Axver's interpretation is wrong. He is not okaying this because it fits the rules. He is okaying this because it is geared towards him. If it was a parody of a different genre he would say no.

Axver's interpretation is wrong. He is not okaying this because it fits the rules. He is okaying this because it is geared towards him. If it was a parody of a different genre he would say no.

How can his interpretation be wrong? He wrote the fucking rules.

And how do you know his motives?

Last edited:
By the way...who has won these Desert Island comps so far?

Does Laz enter these things? I would guess that he doesn't but if he did I thnk his playlist would be pretty interesting.

LemonMacPhisto and Phanan have won before. I don't know who else.

I won a DI spin-off once.

Last edited:

One is a parody of classic prog rock, one is a parody of death metal, one is a parody of Icelandic post rock, and one is a parody of indie production values and garage rock. He's really into that last one.

Phail.

Screwy, might I suggest the multi-quote feature for your replies to these?

I figure it'll help you out a bit.

Khan.

For.

The.

Win.

It's the spirit of the list that he loved so much.
i don't even know why we're discussing this, personally. for starters, we won't even get to DI7 until probably this time NEXT YEAR. next year! (i can't see them doing a competition more often than bi-annually.) plus, no one involved in this discussion is involved with making decisions about what's permissible and what isn't. iirc screwtape, you handled deciding who plays what round and also handling the critic's choice awards. oh, and i think all the links as well? nothing about rules or anything. and you gave up your spot on the desert island committee (i laughed just typing that) so you'd have to ask again if you could help out. if someone else jumps the gun and offers to help, then your only part in the tournament is sending in links like everyone else.

By the way...who has won these Desert Island comps so far?

Does Laz enter these things? I would guess that he doesn't but if he did I thnk his playlist would be pretty interesting.

Yeah, I won the first two and Phanan won the last two. There's a site up to check out past entries, if anyone has the link.

I would love if Laz, u2popmofo, IYS and some other B&C'ers entered this time, but they haven't before.

Screw, you're being a big baby about this whole thing. Let the guy enter a list or something like the SUPERDUPERTRACKLIST to fill a spot if need be. Let him have just one victory.

i don't even know why we're discussing this, personally. for starters, we won't even get to DI7 until probably this time NEXT YEAR. next year! (i can't see them doing a competition more often than bi-annually.)

Actually, Khan, I could move it up sooner if the opportunity presented itself. :shifty:

i don't even know why we're discussing this, personally. for starters, we won't even get to DI7 until probably this time NEXT YEAR. next year! (i can't see them doing a competition more often than bi-annually.) plus, no one involved in this discussion is involved with making decisions about what's permissible and what isn't. iirc screwtape, you handled deciding who plays what round and also handling the critic's choice awards. oh, and i think all the links as well? nothing about rules or anything. and you gave up your spot on the desert island committee (i laughed just typing that) so you'd have to ask again if you could help out. if someone else jumps the gun and offers to help, then your only part in the tournament is sending in links like everyone else.

Essentially, he's Piggy from Lord of the Flies.

Yeah, I won the first two and Phanan won the last two. There's a site up to check out past entries, if anyone has the link.

I would love if Laz, u2popmofo, IYS and some other B&C'ers entered this time, but they haven't before.

Screw, you're being a big baby about this whole thing. Let the guy enter a list or something like the SUPERDUPERTRACKLIST to fill a spot if need be. Let him have just one victory.

Desert Island

This wouldn't be nearly as frustrating if he'd, you know, address our arguments instead of continuing to say, "It's clearly breaking the rules." Clearly, it's not clear, else you wouldn't have five people disagreeing with you.

In reality, I would prefer doing the Fake List for DI6 because it would make it seem as if I'm getting more experimental with each list, and then, right when people stop taking me seriously, I'll have a finished list that's very much like something I did in DI3 and DI4 ready and in hand for DI7.

I plan these things out years in advance. Like NFL football schedules and U2 tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom