Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, I really do want to enter but I wouldn't know how to upload my list of songs so that you guys would be able to listen to them.

How do you do that? :reject:

- Make a list on iTunes, make sure they're all files - best thing to do is to burn them to a CD then re-important.
- Highlight all of the songs and drag them into an empty folder
- Highlight enough to fill 100 MB, right-click, and archive as a .zip file
- Then, go to mediafire.com and upload the .zip files, then you'll get the links and email them to the people running the contest.

If you still need help by the time it all comes around, lemme know.

Well, yeah, but I only deal with my itunes.

So I just pop in a CD and "import" into my itunes.

If you have CDs, you import then into iTunes. All of the songs you import are then on your computer in MP3 or M4A format.

Songs you purchase off iTunes are in M4R format, or restricted format. You have to burn them on to a CD and then import them back on to the computer in MP3 of M4A format.

Then, you take the songs you want, find their files (usually in the My Music section of My Documents), and then created a new folder with copies of the files. Then, you convert that folder into a zipped archive (ZIP or RAR format), and then using a hosting site like Media Fire to upload it.

I will not let it be in a DI contest. It is clearly against the rules. I don't care what you or Axver think. It is against the rules.

1. Phanan is running it too.

2. Axver wrote the rules, so what he thinks is more important than what you think.

- Make a list on iTunes, make sure they're all files - best thing to do is to burn them to a CD then re-important.
- Highlight all of the songs and drag them into an empty folder
- Highlight enough to fill 100 MB, right-click, and archive as a .zip file
- Then, go to mediafire.com and upload the .zip files, then you'll get the links and email them to the people running the contest.

If you still need help by the time it all comes around, lemme know.

Awesome, thanks LMP. :up:

That sounds frightfully easy and I should have been able to figure it out but, yeah, I'm an idiot.

Now I will enter for sure. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

My list will feature GUITARS...lots of them.

But DI isn't his competition. Like I said if he wants to make his own non Desert Island thing then he can do whatever he wants.

And it's not yours. You help, it's not yours only. Phanan runs it, and Axver has on and off run it as well as helped in establishing the rules.

I will not let it be in a DI contest. It is clearly against the rules. I don't care what you or Axver think. It is against the rules.

You can say that Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is the greatest film of all time as much as you want, but that won't make it so.

Similarly, as much as you want to chant it and click your heels together, ultimately, your opinion means (roughly) nothing at all if someone who isn't you is running the competition. Sorry.

That sounds frightfully easy and I should have been able to figure it out but, yeah, I'm an idiot.

Drums, too?

No prob.

It's like an anti-soundscape, nice.

Ooooh thanks as well PhillyFan.

where would I be without you guys?

Not entering the DI contest is where I would be.

Yes, there will be some drums...occasionally.

K had to take a break for a moment to fix something with my Retro list, but now I'm listening to your second Disk elmel. Already liking it a LOT more

No offense, I hope that didn't come off poorly

You can say that Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me is the greatest film of all time as much as you want, but that won't make it so.

Similarly, as much as you want to chant it and click your heels together, ultimately, your opinion means (roughly) nothing at all if someone who isn't you is running the competition. Sorry.
And, as it turns out, Phanan is running it.

Phanan runs it, and Axver has on and off run it as well as helped in establishing the rules.
exactly. i may think two songs that segue into each other (think an cat dubh/into the heart) should be counted as one song, but that's not how the rules are. even if i were helping out, it still wouldn't matter. i'd be a volunteer, not the ceo, to look at it that way.

It is against the rules in both word and spirit. These aren't real artists that LemonMelon is using. That is clearly against the rules.

Are they ruining your basic human freedom? Fuck, have a little fun every once in a while. I think it's fantastic that Axver likes it, it'll be a great way to let a little hot air out of the Arrogant DI Balloon.

If he's straightforward and going through the proper channels and following the rules, which I believe he does, then it's all right. Hosting a song on MySpace is allowed.

And it's not yours. You help, it's not yours only. Phanan runs it, and Axver has on and off run it as well as helped in establishing the rules.

Actually, Axver has run it more than off and on. He ran it 3 out of 4 times. And Screwy never even ran it last time, because he wigged out and left the forum, giving up his power in the process.

I'm sure Phanan won't mind taking a break from this responsibility just once anyway.

It is against the rules in both word and spirit. These aren't real artists that LemonMelon is using. That is clearly against the rules.

Axver read his rules that he wrote and determined that LemonMelon would not be breaking any rules if he did that. What part of that do you not comprehend?

Actually, Axver has run it more than off and on. He ran it 3 out of 4 times. And Screwy never even ran it last time, because he wigged out and left the forum, giving up his power in the process.

I'm sure Phanan won't mind taking a break from this responsibility just once anyway.

:yes:

Are they ruining your basic human freedom? Fuck, have a little fun every once in a while. I think it's fantastic that Axver likes it, it'll be a great way to let a little hot air out of the Arrogant DI Balloon.

If he's straightforward and going through the proper channels and following the rules, which I believe he does, then it's all right. Hosting a song on MySpace is allowed.

But they aren't real artists. If LemonMelon wants to include one of his songs that's fine but making up artists that don't exist is clearly against the rules. I can't understand why people don't see that. It is so clear.

You can have fun without breaking the rules. If LemonMelon wants to write an insane prog rock track he can but he can't create fake artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom