Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is we all know that wouldn't happen becasue Bowie is too popular in B&C so instead, anyone that tried to insult him would get bitched at instead until they leave the thread.

Face it guys, if it's a band that isn't liked by a handful of B&C people, it's going to be bashed into obscurity.

But if it's some whiny new Indie band or if it's an well founded already popular band, then the thread is going to be protected at all costs.

I usually don't get involved in these stupid arguments, and I don't plan on continuing this one, I'll talk to you guys later.

Exactly! If it's not a B&C favorite, the band will get chewed and spit out! :lol:

It may not be against the rules but it makes that person you're piling on, feel like shit! Not everyone has thick skin like you in your Bowie scenario.

Hence, my post: "People in this forum are too sensitive." I'm fucking 17, and I'm apparently more mature than about 90% of this board.

They should only feel like shit if it gets personal, and if it gets personal, it's against the rules.

i know what you mean! the first car i had used to be in good condition, but in the last years of my granny's life (no one else wanted the car when she died so i was like "shit, i'll take it!" i'd just turned 16 so of course i wanted a car) she didn't take such good care of it. then the car i got after that i got used as well, and i loved that car. if i hadn't been in an accident, i'd probably still drive it today. i'd grown such a sense of attachment to it that i'd said even when i got a newer car, i'd still keep that one :shifty:

but the experiences of that first car, and the fact that i needed to get expensive maintenance done to the second car (timing belt, crap like that) made me say i want to buy a car, and then sell it BEFORE all the expensive shit starts coming up. i'd love it if i never bought a timing belt again :tsk: or any of those other several hundred dollars maintenance repairs.

I've only had two used cars my entire life - I'm too much of a princess to deal with the maintenence of a car. :lol:

:tongue:

It wouldn't bother me in the least. I have to deal with being a U2 fan in real life, I've had practice dealing with opposing viewpoints.

I'd defend him, but I wouldn't get insulted or bothered.

I love telling people I'm a U2 fan, because then they immediately want to bash Bono, which they think bugs the shit out of me but I tell them I could care less because he bugs me sometimes, too. Which immediately deflates some detractors.

Incorrect! I posted in that thread asking people to stop bashing but I don't post in the RED thread 70 million times a day! ;) I don't even remember the last time I posted there. :huh: Anyway, I just felt bad for the hate posts piling on and on over the OP who was obviously quite excited.

Ah, now that I went and read it I see what you mean.

People shouldn't get bent out of shape if people don't like an artist they like. I mean some of you guys poke fun at Kate Bush but I don't get offended.

Really people should be more accepting of criticism of an artist. It is like whenever someone says something negative about Radiohead in B&C and get attacked. If you want to say something negative about an artist you should be willing to have others say negative things about artists you like. B&C doesn't exactly understand that.

Tonight, I'll be listening to The Verve's A Storm in Heaven and one other album. Not sure what yet. Possibly R.E.M.'s Lifes Rich Pageant.

The only time criticisms piss me off is when they're baseless or based on stupid reasoning. Stupidity infuriates me.

Hence, my post: "People in this forum are too sensitive." I'm fucking 17, and I'm apparently more mature than about 90% of this board.

They should only feel like shit if it gets personal, and if it gets personal, it's against the rules.

I'd say djerdap's post was pretty personal. And I'm not saying that because it personally offended me. I'm saying it cos it insulted Bon Jovi fans.

I love telling people I'm a U2 fan, because then they immediately want to bash Bono, which they think bugs the shit out of me but I tell them I could care less because he bugs me sometimes, too. Which immediately deflates some detractors.

:lol: Love it!

And I actually don't mind DMB. I find some of their material a lot of fun to listen to. But to compare their quality to something like U2?

I'd say djerdap's post was pretty personal. And I'm not saying that because it personally offended me. I'm saying it cos it insulted Bon Jovi fans.

Kind of. Laz's was actually more personal than that, if you ask me. D-Dap's wasn't too bad.

What if you started a thread about, say, a surprise gig by David Bowie in the Philly area and everyone came in and talked shit about Bowie calling him a weirdo who can't sing? Don't tell me it won't bother you.

To them he's a weirdo who can't sing, but for fans, he isn't. Some posters take it to personal insults, which I agree is wrong, but like I said in the thread, if it's said in jest, then it should not be a big deal.

I wouldn't say it's a "B&C crowd" thing, because Bon Jovi's a divisive band

To them he's a weirdo who can't sing, but for fans, he isn't. Some posters take it to personal insults, which I agree is wrong, but like I said in the thread, if it's said in jest, then it should not be a big deal.

Except it's hard to tell what is being said in jest and what is being stated like facts. Especially on the internet. :slant:

Except it's hard to tell what is being said in jest and what is being stated like facts. Especially on the internet. :slant:

Here's what I'd do in that case: pretend they're just saying it as their opinion unless they say otherwise. I hate having to add "in my opinion," "to me," "I believe" or some shit like that. If you guys know me well enough, you know I'm not gonna enforce subjective shit on you like it's fact, but if it's someone who doesn't know me, then I'll clarify. It makes things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom