Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a show on Fox 8 once where they tested men against animals in certain trials. One of them was a race involving a full grown African elephant pulling an aeroplane versus a team of 28 midgets pulling an aeroplane. I mean, what the fuck. It was obviously fantastic watching but WHAT THE FUCK.

I... I am afraid he is not okay. :pray:

:lmao: Holy shit, that was a real show? That cracks me up really quite a deal more than it should too. Who won?

OH NO. I better buy some Red products to cheer him up!

G'day. :wave:

Where'd you get up to with your chronological REM listening? I ask because I downloaded most of their albums that I didn't already have earlier this evening and have thoroughly enjoyed Life's Rich Pageant.

:lmao: Holy shit, that was a real show? That cracks me up really quite a deal more than it should too. Who won?

OH NO. I better buy some Red products to cheer him up!

Adding to the humiliation of the midgets, the elephant won. :lol:

Yes, you should do that right now because that is the only way we can save poor Africans.

Turns out loveladies does exist in Long Beach Island. :der:

As far as I know, the only locations we've visited that don't actually exist are Craggy Island and LMP's failure, and there was some skepticism about the existence of Dumb Hope.

Though I just checked Wikipedia and it turns out there really is a Craggy Island. Off the coast of Van Diemen's Land!

G'day. :wave:

Where'd you get up to with your chronological REM listening? I ask because I downloaded most of their albums that I didn't already have earlier this evening and have thoroughly enjoyed Life's Rich Pageant.

I'm only through Fables still. I plan on going through some today, though. The Verve album you sent me, then maybe REM too.

Adding to the humiliation of the midgets, the elephant won. :lol:

Yes, you should do that right now because that is the only way we can save poor Africans.

Oh god. :laugh:

Shall I distribute a box of One bracelets too? I mean, I know that was so 2005, but it'll make Bono happy, won't it? Won't it?

I'm only through Fables still. I plan on going through some today, though. The Verve album you sent me, then maybe REM too.

Ah, cool. I'm actually listening to A Storm In Heaven right now. The first couple of tracks are some really sweet rockin' shoegaze.

I also tried listening to New Adventures In Hi-Fi, but after five tracks, I gave up.

Haha, holy shit you're right.

I'm gonna go down there and find some fairy penguins!

Seriously, that's just amazing. I'm going there, I don't care how. I just have to go there. Maybe even dress as a priest for the occasion.

Ah, cool. I'm actually listening to A Storm In Heaven right now. The first couple of tracks are some really sweet rockin' shoegaze.

I also tried listening to New Adventures In Hi-Fi, but after five tracks, I gave up.

How do you rank the REM albums you've gotten through?

How do you rank the REM albums you've gotten through?

1. Fables Of The Reconstruction
2. Reckoning
(Those two aren't about to go anywhere from their top spots.)
3. Document
4. Automatic For The People
5. Provisional on a couple of listens: Life's Rich Pageant
6. Green
7. Murmur
(Really, I can't decide on a solid order for the above five. Murmur is steadily rising in my opinion since you guys pointed me towards the quality tracks. I can see LRP moving to fourth or third.)
8. Monster
(Which is garbage, apart from What's The Frequency.)

Listened to some but not all of New Adventures In Hi-Fi and Reveal; gave up on the former due to its crappiness and the latter I was only sampling a few songs before moving onto something else.

7. Murmur
(Really, I can't decide on a solid order for the above five. Murmur is steadily rising in my opinion since you guys pointed me towards the quality tracks. I can see LRP moving to fourth or third.)

Wow, this is my favorite R.E.M. album. Radio Free Europe, Pilgrimage, Talk About The Passion, Catapult, Sitting Still, etc.

Great stuff.

:lol:

I like about half of that album but you have to get through some clunkers, too.

I was really surprised that - on first listen at least - I rather disliked E-Bow The Letter. Everybody seems to praise that one but it was the final straw and I gave up after it.

Wow, this is my favorite R.E.M. album. Radio Free Europe, Pilgrimage, Talk About The Passion, Catapult, Sitting Still, etc.

Great stuff.

Yeah, until PFan listened to Murmur, I'd only paid any attention to Radio Free Europe and Sitting Still. The album on the first few listens struck me as meandering, dull, and consistently bland. But the songs you just mentioned - I've been enjoying those lately and I'm seeing another side to the album. I still think it's an album whose tracks are better enjoyed outside of the album context, though. That said, I think that's often true of REM.

Yeah, all three albums, for me, had starkly similar sounds, to the point where it was tough to discern some songs from each other.

I like it, though, they've a good sound through three albums.

So, I'm giving Reveal a proper listen now. The Lifting surprised me, it's a really good song.

But I've Been High is boring thus far ...

I have never grasped why, 'cause on paper they seem like dull, lumbering tracks, but Laughing and Perfect Circle are two of my favourite tracks from Murmur. I think they get the atmosphere they're going for just right, and turn songs that had the potential to be horribly bland into real crackers, as far as I'm concerned.

Pilgrimage is probably my favourite song from it, though.

I haven't got into Laughing or Perfect Circle yet. I thought Perfect Circle did a good job of displaying what I don't like about Murmur, actually.

And re: Reveal, All The Way To Reno is pretty mediocre but inoffensive.

Reveal is kinda weak. The Lifting is probably the best song on there.

She Just Wants To Be isn't that great either, but it's picking up and at least outdoes I've Been High and All The Way To Reno.

Was Reveal the one with Leaving New York on it? I bought that one but maybe listened to it twice. That was the best song off of it.

That's on Around The Sun, isn't it? Not on the copy of Reveal I downloaded, anyway.

Reveal's got Imitation Of Life, which is the only track I actually knew before playing this (though All The Way To Reno is a title I recognised).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom