Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread - Page 65 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #961
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Again, I have addressed all your arguments.
My response will take a bit. I have to quote all of the points you didn't address. It'll be a while.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #962
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
And, on top of all this, if I'm an egotistical douchebag and wish to only listen to my own original music on that Desert Island, why the fuck is it Screwy's job to tell me I'm out of line, especially when the songs are under different artist names on my coconut iPod?
I have to because it is against the rules, LemonMelon. It is that simple.

I also don't think you are an egotistical douchebag.
__________________

__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #963
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Yeah, I've gotten shit for that, and for having songs from film soundtracks, too. Ironically, the biggest advocate against me had songs from soundtracks, too, so go figure.

It should be about putting music you like onto 2 discs worth of space and trying to make it sound good together. When you've been in every contest, however, it makes sense to start trying to do more inventive things with your list after you've exhausted a fair amount of your more "favorite" songs, you know?

So now when it comes to that shit, I'll look at it two ways: subjectively and objectively. Liking the songs is ideal, but if you respect that someone has taken the time to put it altogether and it sounds good, even if you don't like it, credit should be due. Axver and I had tiffs about musical differences, but I think we've grown to at least respect each other's ability to make fun lists, even if we don't like the music, if that makes any sense.

I really hope I'm not a cause of anyone's DI troubles. Except for Screwy, I don't care at this point.
In the long run, yes, I do take into account how well it all sounds together, even if I didn't like a lot of songs on it. I mean, because, if I didn't like the songs, what else should I be looking at? If that makes sense.

Yes, the contest has been running for some time, and running out of favorite songs does happen, so I see your point.

But why make a big deal about using music from movies? I'll just come out and say it now then, I'm completely going to scrap my current play list. It was pretty much all music that I know or associate with certain movies. I got the idea while I was watching The Graduate, and I actually shaped a playlist after I watched Darjeeling. It was pretty great, though tere were four or five purly instrumentals, so I was probably going to scrap it anyways after you LM and PFan said three was probably your limit. But now that I hear this, just forget it. Is tehre anything anyone can do that no one will complain about *throws hands up*


Mostly this was just rambling, I'm not angry
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #964
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I have to because it is against the rules, LemonMelon. It is that simple.

I also don't think you are an egotistical douchebag.
You didn't answer my question. See previous page, please.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #965
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I have to because it is against the rules, LemonMelon. It is that simple.

I also don't think you are an egotistical douchebag.
And I believe that it's perfectly within the spirit, if not letter, of the competition rules.

I said "if" I am an egotistical douchebag, but thank you.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #966
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoIsMyMuse View Post
This last one definitely wasn't my strongest entry, but a lot of people were complaining I didn't have a concept. I'm bowing out of future DI competitions, I think.

Lila, you were in my group that time, I think. I didn't like competing against you
I didn't like competing against you either. I was doomed from the start
I probably voted for you in certain rounds, and maybe Khan in others. We like similar artists.

And I agree with you as well bono_212. I just wanted to put together the 2 hours of music that I personally would want to hear on the Desert Island given the paramaters of the "game"
__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #967
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I have to because it is against the rules, LemonMelon. It is that simple.

IT'S NOT AGAINST THE RULES.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #968
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Then perhaps you can answer a question for little old me. Why is it that you do not consider ElMel's submissions to be from real artists?
Like I said before, they don't exist. They are fake artists made up by LemonMelon.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #969
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoIsMyMuse View Post
This last one definitely wasn't my strongest entry, but a lot of people were complaining I didn't have a concept. I'm bowing out of future DI competitions, I think.

Lila, you were in my group that time, I think. I didn't like competing against you
Yeah, I really liked your previous list and have always enjoyed your others. Hopefully you'll enter again next time.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #970
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Like I said before, they don't exist. They are fake artists made up by LemonMelon.
But why don't they exist? You never gave a reason for this!
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #971
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Points Screwtape Has Yet to Address:

- Why these artists are not real, when the only requirement the rules lay out only call for a song posted on a Myspace.
- Why these artists are not real, when there is a creative force behind them in the same way that other artists are involved in multiple projects.
- Why his opinion is worth more than the person who wrote it (without alluding to some ridiculous accusation of ulterior motive).

More to come.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #972
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post

IT'S NOT AGAINST THE RULES.
It clearly is.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #973
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,797
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Phanan, where are you???
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #974
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Like I said before, they don't exist. They are fake artists made up by LemonMelon.
IF *IF* they don't exist, then tell me, where the hell is the music coming from, because somebody has to be making it

Damn it
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #975
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:01 AM
Hey everyone. Anything interesting going on in here? Like, say, someone is pissing everyone else off? Hmmmm?

Oh, and for the record:

NSW 1
SEPTA 0
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com