Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing anything tomorrow so I may as well have a midnight shot.

I wish I had some port.

I've some sauvignon blanc/semillion and a little bit of shiraz, but I don't feel like either. Port would go down a treat though.

I just woke up because my phone rang

It was work.

Terror filled me as I thought I was late again

But, alas, no. It was my manager, telling me I don't need to go into :grumpy:

*goes back to sleep*

I just woke up because my phone rang

It was work.

Terror filled me as I thought I was late again

But, alas, no. It was my manager, telling me I don't need to go into :grumpy:

*goes back to sleep*

:lol: What a piss-off.

I'd be far too tempted to make some sort of rude comment. "Why did you need to call me to tell me not to do something I'm not doing!"

This is a real book?

Father Ted - The Craggy Island Parish Magazines

One of my most treasured books, even though it's now split up and in about 74 different pieces, but I still read it regularly. Definitely recommended if you can find it, I doubt it's particularly rare or anything.

Anyway, some time into the book Ted introduces a section in the magazine that contains works by an elderly Craggy Island artist who he thinks is brilliant, but the art is hilariously bad. Like, not stick figures, just drawn downright terribly. You see pieces throughout the book from there and I think they're some of the best bits in the whole thing, though it's very solid all the way through. One of the drawings shown is a hideous picture of Freddie Mercury, seemingly drawn from a photograph. It has stuff like "Freddie Mercury", "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Queen" written around it in normal handwriting. Anyway I thought this was the funniest thing in the world about three years ago while rereading it on vacation and then I started doing similar ones for other artists, beginning with a terrifying Paul Weller, then one of Liam Gallagher, and now finally U2. Keep in mind this is actually better drawn than most of the others.

solemusicha2.jpg

Badly copied from a TUF era photo.

Oh, that's awesome! :lmao: I'm trying to place who Edge looks like ... and did Larry just become a rich young German wanker who drives his Porsche all around the countryside looking self-important?

Also, I have GOT to get that Father Ted book. That sounds nothing short of brilliant.

Oh, that's awesome! :lmao: I'm trying to place who Edge looks like ... and did Larry just become a rich young German wanker who drives his Porsche all around the countryside looking self-important?

Also, I have GOT to get that Father Ted book. That sounds nothing short of brilliant.

Haha, thanks. I drew Adam first and I think he may look a little too competent next to the others, though it still doesn't look anything like the reference photo.

Edge looks very Mongoloid. Bono seems more portly and Victorian era caricature. Larry is spot on, there. :lmao:

I love that there's a little village out of Picton, New Zealand called Elevation.

Shame the U2 song sucks, but ah well.

/random

Haha, thanks. I drew Adam first and I think he may look a little too competent next to the others, though it still doesn't look anything like the reference photo.

Edge looks very Mongoloid. Bono seems more portly and Victorian era caricature. Larry is spot on, there. :lmao:

I swear Adam looks like somebody I've seen on TV recently, but I can't figure out quite who it must be. I love how totally off Edge's eyes are, that cracked me up. And Bono looks thoroughly constipated as well as Victorian-era.

I swear Adam looks like somebody I've seen on TV recently, but I can't figure out quite who it must be. I love how totally off Edge's eyes are, that cracked me up. And Bono looks thoroughly constipated as well as Victorian-era.

There is probably a dude that looks like the picture of Adam in every primetime show Fox8 is showing right now, though I am not accusing you of watching any of that.

Bono has a tummy ache. :sad:

There is probably a dude that looks like the picture of Adam in every primetime show Fox8 is showing right now, though I am not accusing you of watching any of that.

Bono has a tummy ache. :sad:

:lol: I couldn't watch Fox 8 even if I wanted - and if I ever want to watch Fox 8, promise me you'll come to Melbourne and whack some sense into me.

BONO'S NOT OK?! :ohmy: : panic :

:lol: I couldn't watch Fox 8 even if I wanted - and if I ever want to watch Fox 8, promise me you'll come to Melbourne and whack some sense into me.

BONO'S NOT OK?! :ohmy: : panic :

I watched a show on Fox 8 once where they tested men against animals in certain trials. One of them was a race involving a full grown African elephant pulling an aeroplane versus a team of 28 midgets pulling an aeroplane. I mean, what the fuck. It was obviously fantastic watching but WHAT THE FUCK.

I... I am afraid he is not okay. :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom