love, you DESCRIBE like a burning star, falling from the sky. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami...
on level math here is:

Algebra-Geometry-Alg 2-Precal

but most people take Algebra in 8th so they take another math elective like Calculus as a senior, or just don't take a math.

and I took both Alg and Geo in middle school so I'll take AP Calc. in 11th and either AP stat or something else as a senior.

hope that makes sense. :der:

on level science for us is
Bio-Chem-Physics-electives (or none)
you only need 3 science credits to graduate but most colleges want 4 apparently

:crazy:

sami0201 said:
Sarah, so what do you take in high school? :scratch:

I dunno :huh: My teacher told us we're doing 11th/12th grade physics and chem (which I totally don't see the point of) :| She already made us take parts off a 10th grade science test....which was NOT fun and it counted towards our grade :|

So I guess I just take higher levels of each because I've also already taken bio and earth science :shrug:

Last edited:
^^Oh yea that makes sense. that's how ours is too :yes: But I only did algebra in middle school so i did geo-alg 2-precalc-calc (or stat)

yeah we only need 3 science to graduate but I'm going to have 5.5. what is wrong with me? :lmao: ours is earth/space-bio-chem-elective

circa1992 said:

I dunno :huh: My teacher told us we're doing 11th/12th grade physics and chem (which I totally don't see the point of) :|

So I guess I just take higher levels of each because I've also already taken bio and earth science :shrug:

that's weird. so I guess you just do higher levels or take electives. well what science are you taking next year? (you're going into high school right?)

sami0201 said:

that's weird. so I guess you just do higher levels or take electives. well what science are you taking next year? (you're going into high school right?)

Yeah, I'm going into HS. I'm taking earth science (I turned down my honors bio recommendation)

circa1992 said:
1st semester:

English 1
Algebra 1 (got recommended for Advanced Algebra, turned it down) :|
Western Civ.
Gym :yuck:
French 3 :happy:
Earth Science (got recommended for Honors Bio, turned it down)
Reading/Reasoning (SAT class)
Study Hall

2nd semester:

English 1
Algebra 1 (got recommended for Advanced Algebra, turned it down) :|
Western Civ.
Gym :yuck:
French 3 :happy:
Earth Science (got recommended for Honors Bio, turned it down)
Art 1 (we have to do that to take photography and art history :grumpy: )
Computer Applications :)

are you sure you're actually taking high school courses that count as credits in science sarah?

cos i know in 7th we took life science (same theme as Biology) and in 8th we took physical science (same theme as Chem and Physics)...but they weren't technically high school credits obviously.

so John you guys just have a "math" class each year? :scratch:

VertigoGal said:
woah, good luck on the SATs. :dancing:

glad to hear you loved World and that APs aren't as bad as they're made out to be. the scare tactics they use on us, I swear. :tsk:

thanks!

yeah they really aren't bad, it's pretty much like honors but they are just prepping you for the AP exam. like i have never taken an AP before this year, and i'm in 3 this year and i have pretty much the same workload and stuff (except AP US history- horrible class). i'll let you know how the exams go, i have them at the beginning of may. and with my luck I have 2 in one day! :scream: :lol:

^^^They don't count as credits, but they are highschool level

I'm not making much sense am I? :scratch:

Good luck on the SATs Sami, I'm sure you'll do fine! :hug: :heart:

Irishteen said:
How many times, have we talked about school in here? :wink:

a lot. :wink:

good luck on the AP exams sami...I am hoping I will be able to get a few 4s or 5s during high school, cos it would actually be well worth the 80 bucks it costs to take the exam if I could get college credit for even one or 2 classes. :nerd:

Ok guys, have to go now. Need to burn some dvd's and for that I have to close the internet. See you all

VertigoGal said:
are you sure you're actually taking high school courses that count as credits in science sarah?

cos i know in 7th we took life science (same theme as Biology) and in 8th we took physical science (same theme as Chem and Physics)...but they weren't technically high school credits obviously.

so John you guys just have a "math" class each year? :scratch:

same here :yes: that's probably what Sarah's doing

Yeah Sarah that'll be pretty tough but you'll do it! :hug: In our school it's required to take earth sci. (you can't just skip to bio) so in freshman year kids doubled up on earth and bio :yikes: and sophomore year i know some people who took bio and chem! :yuck: :yikes:

^^^^that makes sense :yes:

the only thing in middle school that counted for HS credits that i took was Algebra :shrug:

We're not allowed to get any credits from middle school :grumpy:

sami0201 said:

Yeah Sarah that'll be pretty tough but you'll do it! :hug: In our school it's required to take earth sci. (you can't just skip to bio) so in freshman year kids doubled up on earth and bio :yikes: and sophomore year i know some people who took bio and chem! :yuck: :yikes:

See, I had the choice to skip right to Honors Bio.....my school's confusing :coocoo: :shrug:

VertigoGal said:

a lot. :wink:

good luck on the AP exams sami...I am hoping I will be able to get a few 4s or 5s during high school, cos it would actually be well worth the 80 bucks it costs to take the exam if I could get college credit for even one or 2 classes. :nerd:

thanks!

Oh definitely. I think even a 3 is passing? We don't have to pay to take them :scratch: But it will be so worth it if I pass them (I know I'll pass psych, the others I'm not sure) because then for example for psych I can enter into a junior level class my freshman year of college :love:

and especially if I pass the history or something, it's beneficial because you're passing the college class in HS with the teacher help that you don't get in college and the easier class (than a college class) and stuff. :yes: :nerd:

Irishteen said:
^^ Again credits, talk about weird :wink:

you guys don't have credits? basically just what's required to get a HS diploma...and AP classes can get you college credit.

yeah sami...and I'm also thinking it would help me save money in college cos it would mean fewer classes to get a degree (and more time for a job or fun :wink: )

VertigoGal said:

you guys don't have credits? basically just what's required to get a HS diploma...and AP classes can get you college credit.

Nope, we just do our classes, and everytihng then depends on the Leaving

VertigoGal said:

yeah sami...and I'm also thinking it would help me save money in college cos it would mean fewer classes to get a degree (and more time for a job or fun :wink: )

:yes: :drool:

we need 22, 24 to graduate "with honors" or whatever. we're required to have a full 6 credit schedule each year though, so I guess you can fail 2 classes as long as they aren't the required ones.

I'm assuming each semester is a credit for you? (yearlong class=1 credit for us)

I'm sort of jealous of your system John. :madspit: :wink:

^^^I'm doing 14 credits freshman year. I wanted 15, but my teachers are forcing all the freshmans to take study hall :grumpy: At least I talked them out of making me take a study hall the second semester as well :shrug:

^&^^^You're soo lucky you only need 22-24 to graduate...we have double that!!! :angry:

Each semester is 1 credit, but still :|

Back
Top Bottom