Love Won't Let You Go...and DESCRIBE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We do the same subjects for the first three years in the junior cycle, then we get to pick what subjects we want to take for the 2 year senior cycle

We got to pick 3 subjects, I decided on Accounting, Physics and History

And I picked Applied Maths as a extra subject

^that's cool, we pick classes once a year, some are entire year classes and some are only semester classes

^ Well we couldn't do that here

Because at the end of the Junior Cycle we have the Junior cert exam

And at the end of the senior cycle we have the Leaving cert exam

^oh, we have tests in 10th grade on reading and writing and sometime on math,but it's all general stuff. then this year, in april, i have to take the ACTs, which basically all colleges use to either accept you or reject you, so no pressure :wink:

the ACTs are on english, math, science, and writing...no social studies :grumpy: my best subject

is college a really big deal over there? here, if you don't go to college, you basically end up working in fast food for the rest of your life...

^ Well now college is becoming a lot more important, you could get a job without college but it wouldn't be the best

MY dad didn't even finish secondary school, yet still earns 40k a year, but that is more because it was a different time and he now has experience. The only way you could leave that early now, and still get a decent job, is to get a trade lined up

My cousin, who finished secondary school, is now a manager in a Lifestyle sports shop, but he started out as a regular employee

So it kind of depends, some people would be lucky and still get a good job without college but others...........aren't so lucky

^i guess that's kind of how it is here, but if you don't go to college, you're working minimum wage for the rest of your life, unless you get lucky and find a job that you can climb the ranks a little bit in

Well few people would be stuck on minimum wage here, except non-nationals, who take all the jobs in fast food places etc.

^see here, it's mostly teens and older people and people with no college degree who work there, so they can usually speak english, but the chinese place on the other hand...i couldn't even understand the woman

^ Well there is a lot of Chinese, Japanese, Romanians, Poles, etc here
Part of the paper is even printed in Polish

There was this thing at Irish ferries, were they made all the Irish workers redundant so they could hire, cheaper non-nationals

^hey, we went through that too and still are with illegal immigrants...damn the businesses, all they care about is cheap labor

^^ There is one part of multiculturism I don't like Romanian Gypsies :madspit:

I worked in a charity shop, and everyone of them who came in stole

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom