Love Won't Let You Go...and DESCRIBE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
our full military has like 2-3 million people (not all active or anything)...gotta love being a world power w/ 10000 nukes and a lot of lingering interests/influence/enemies. :happy:

yeah...

they really do. are you at all familiar with hilary (clinton) or condi? :yikes:

so it was outlawed then finally made legal again? ha...sort of like that little experiment we had with prohibition back in the day :lol:

where do the british think their territory extends to that you disagree with?

Here is something from a poll on a website

Question: WHERE IS BRITAIN? :: Total Votes:49

Europe 35 [71.43%]
Part is in Europe 2 [4.08%]
Britain is just Britain - no Europe 12 [24.49%]

The 12 people who voted for the third opinion were British

here is a quote

Me "Okay can I British person, please tell me what Continent you are on then, if not Europe then where, Asia, Africa, South America, North America, Antarctica, Australia/Oceania?

Enlighten me "

British guy "The Continent of Great Britain. "

^ Yes but could someone tell me what continent they are in?

They claim not to be in Europe, so where the hell are they?

Even though I only B'ed geography in the Junior, I am sure there is no continent of Great Britain

yes he's an idiot in my view...but even if a country elects what seems to be an idiot to the rest of the world, that does not mean a majority of those who voted for him are idiots. it's difficult to explain, but you really need to live in a country for awhile to understand the situation culturally, the mindset, the economic reality, the choices, the reasons people vote the way they do...it's extremely easy to judge as an outsider, and this is magnified greatly when it's such a globally important country as the US. you have to consider that the way the system is set up, only 2 people have any chance at any significant amount of votes (for the most part)...that there is still a lot of fear after 9/11. that most people feel iraq was a wrong decision but that any country is reluctant to change leaders in the middle of such a situation. that the dems had a very weak campaign, and that the masses *no matter which country you go to* will be persuaded by the group with better marketing and smear campaigns.

again i don't like bush particularly, but it's so much easier to judge from an outsider's perspective.

yeah.

well that was a lovely conversation.

i have to leave soon to take a quick shower & go to crew...before i leave though, what the hell is up with people rating this thread 1 star? i know people get annoyed with chat threads, but it's ONE thread and hardly takes up any space? anyway it's just a message board...grow up people :rolleyes:

^^ sorry, I had to go to the chipper for my mother, and she wouldn;t let me back on till I finished my pizza :wink:

^ Ye sure Kara

Back
Top Bottom