Love Won't Let You Go...and DESCRIBE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^:lol: very random...but needed

about boredom, we read a guy in english a long time ago who said that you should never be bored because you should take your time into your own hands and find something constructive and (sometimes) educational to do so that you aren't bored

^^^why do you hate going to a catholic school? (just asking, i have my own views on this, but i'm curious as to your reasons)

Irishteen said:
My entire family is catholic

I am not

i see, if you don't mind me asking and you can choose not to respond, what made you decide not to be catholic anymore?

onebloodonelife said:

i see, if you don't mind me asking and you can choose not to respond, what made you decide not to be catholic anymore?

Plain and simple I disagreed with some of the teaching of the church, there were some things I just couldn't believe or accept

^ I have gone to mass 4 times since last August

1st. Aunts wedding
2nd. School related mass
3rd. School related mass
4th. Christmas mass

Don't get me wrong I still have faith, I just don't agree with any of the churchs

^that's pretty much how i am, i have faith in God, but i can't find a church or religion for that matter that i can agree with...although i never was raised to belong to a religion and certainly am not catholic

^ well I was raised catholic, sent to catholic schools, my family especially my nan who lives in the house, is a devout catholic

"I crawled to the lowest place,
Met God, touched his face.
He was lonely, he was heaven, he was me."

From the song I am listening to

just from the people that i know who are catholic, it seems that most of them end up angry at the church and not going anymore for various reasons

an example would be one of my friends, she was telling me how at mass the other day, her priest told the congregation to make sure that they signed a petition to overturn Roe v. Wade (the Supreme Court case that made abortion legal in the U.S.) and she happens to be pro-choice and while she was standing next to the table with the petition on it, she said "i can't sign that because i'm pro-choice." then realized that the priest was right behind her and he was, let's say, not very happy...

she hasn't been happy with the church for awhile and this was just the tipping point for her

^ Ye that is pretty bad

I was reading in the paper, how a Bishop was saying, Gay marriage should never be legal in Ireland, and I think that is just wrong

^some people are just ignorant, either because they choose to be, or because their religion tells them something and they think that they have to agree with it...and in a way, they do because if they come out and say that they don't agree, they're shunned and told that they're wrong and won't get to heaven :blahblah:

i'm going to head out though, don't stay up too late :wink:

:wave: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom