Love Monkey - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 03:48 PM
I watched my first episode last night and I really liked it. I however could not get over how old Jason Priestley now looks.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:48 PM
I was just watching the episode I'd taped last night, and was really on the fence about whether or not I was liking the show.

Then they used "We Built This City" by Starship in a scene, and I'm no longer on the fence.

I can't watch a show that uses such a shitty song without tongue firmly in cheek. Bleeeeeech!

Plus, I just really don't like Tom Cavanaugh.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Tom Cavanaugh looks like a dork.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

He is a dork and I still have two episodes on the dvr that I have not seen.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:16 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I was just watching the episode I'd taped last night, and was really on the fence about whether or not I was liking the show.

Then they used "We Built This City" by Starship in a scene, and I'm no longer on the fence.

I can't watch a show that uses such a shitty song without tongue firmly in cheek. Bleeeeeech!
I am thinking that this was tongue in cheek. Maybe it a previous episode but Cavanaugh is talking with his new 'love interest' and asks her what her favorite 5 songs are and she responds with the usual, the clash, london calling, etc... But, her number one song is starship, we built this city. Hence, playing the song later in the show. You cannot deny the power and message of this song....we (cavanaugh and his new 'friend') built NY city on rock 'n' roll.

I am really liking the show alot. This last week had ben folds (yeah) and leann rimes (blech) and one of the producers is nic harcourt from the excellent kcrw. Next weeks show includes paul schaffer and Cavanaugh works on getting his 'new star' on the late show.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, I missed that whole Starship reference. Well, it's a bit of a relief to know they didn't use it seriously.

Still, I don't think I'll keep watching it. It also bugged me in the first episode when Cavanaugh gave someone the "Essential Bob Dylan" CD set and mentioned something about how it had every Bob Dylan song ever recorded.

Uh, okay.

Maybe a silly reason to not like a show, but for a show that's supposed to be so big on music, that's a pretty stupid thing to say.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Looks like Love Monkey's ready to be put down.

CBS has shelved the critically praised hourlong dramedy series, following the adventures of four single thirtysomethings in New York, after just three episodes. And the prospects for its future seem glum.

"Love Monkey is on hiatus and there's no scheduled return date," a network spokesperson says. However, sources close to the show tell E! Online's TV columnist Kristen Veitch that Love Monkey won't be coming back.

Love Monkey's Tuesday time slot will be the latest edition of The Amazing Race, whose two-hour premiere 9-11 on Feb. 28 was already scheduled to preempt the series.

Beginning Mar. 7, Race will move to the 10 p.m. slot previously occupied by Love Monkey to make room for The Unit. The high-octane action drama from producers Shawn Ryan (FX's The Shield) and David Mamet stars Dennis Haysbert (24) and Robert Patrick (T2, The X-Files) as covert special forces operatives on secret missions and the wives who protect their identities.

Based on the book of the same name by Kyle Smith, Love Monkey starred Tom Cavanagh as a record company executive who loses his job and his girlfriend all in the same day. With a little help from his buddies, including Jason Priestley as his brother-in-law, Cavanagh's character manages to bounce back, not only finding a new woman, but also a new record company job.

CBS had ordered seven episodes, plus the pilot, as a midseason replacement from producers Sony Pictures Television and Paramount Network Television.

But ratings for the show have been underwhelming. Monkey shed viewers with each airing, and averaged just 8.1 million for its run, about 6 million fewer viewers than NBC's time slot champ, Law & Order: SVU. Also not helping is its Friends-type vibe, which doesn't quite jibe with CBS' crime drama-heavy schedule.

Before Amazing Race takes over at the end of the month, CBS will fill Monkey's slot with a rerun of NCIS next week and a rerun of CSI the following week.

Old 02-13-2006, 05:20 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

well, i guess i can erase the three episodes i have on the dvr. never got around to watching them.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 04-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

the remaining episodes are being shown on VH1.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61
the remaining episodes are being shown on VH1.
Dammit! I forgot to watch last night
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

and i tried to tell you!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61
and i tried to tell you!