love, lift me up out of these blues, won't you DESCRIBE me something true. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VertigoGal said:
oh...so that's a denomination just like being lutheran/methodist/etc? sorry i don't know much about christianity.

and apparently i spelled denomination wrong...demonination :mac: i guess i'm a regular heathen :reject:
Oh! Sorry! yeah. Don't feel bad. yeah, it's like that. I think if I had to describe it in one easy word, I would tentatively use the word conservative. However, some churches within the denomination are more conservative than others which can cause for fights or whatever. Which is what bugs me the most. I mean, who the hell cares if there's drums and guitar or organ music if we are singing for the same reason right? sorry, ranting again.

What do u mean your dad sacrificed more, does he wish you would have decided the other way? VG?

i know what you mean...my friend is really involved in her church, it's a presbyterian church and there's some conflict between like the american presbyterian church and usa pres. church or something, i dunno it's crazy. :crazy:

what..oh no, i don't think he cares that much. but you said that it was cool that my mom let me decide, when it was really more of him letting me. but i guess that's nitpicking, you know what i mean, nevermind. :coocoo: :lol:

^^^I have...

Aida :love:
Annie
Baby
Children of Eden
Fiddler on the Roof
Godspell
Hairspray
Les Miserables
Little Shop of Horrors
Little Women
Miss Saigon
Spamalot
Ragtime
Rent
Phantom of the Opera
Wicked :heart:

I think that's all of them...I dunno :lol:

circa1992 said:
Phil.....this explains what I was saying about how Judaism and Christianity http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/lab/6562/apologetics/passover.html :)

You know, I remember celebrating this when I was a kid at my church. We would have a special service at night with all this different foods etc. and we celebrated the passover. I wonder why my family stopped doing this or, if it was a difference in my church's beliefs. We moved a lot so different churches had different styles or missions...

circa1992 said:
^I've been to several different churches that have celebrated Passover and Purim :)

Gosh, it's been a while here...I was too young though to know exactly what the whole thing was all about. But I do remember some of it. I loved that service. We met in the basement instead of the uncomfortable pews...:rockon:

a) I can't believe randooooom finally finished up it's thread

b) I can't believe they haven't noticed they're at post 512

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom