love at first sight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

novia

The Fly
do you believe in it?

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

Not a bit I had horrible relationships that started with that myth.
frown.gif

Well heres somethin for ya......I dont tink any guy would immediately fall in love with me..................cause lets face it......we know all about beauty blah blah.......
tongue.gif
j/k

anyway this is Bono's ass truth.....

before Christmas I was shoppin for jam in this candle shop full of 2nd stuff for 1st stuff prices, and as they were closing I must have been the only one left, but felt a presence of a man...........well, a long coat was standing in front of me...........I looked up and this kinda 'older' guy was looking right at me, but I tell ya something......I am fucking serious, he was the FIRST, EVER guy I felt a strong attraction to........that older figure, and with long hair he actually looked 90% like a younger Kenneth Brannagh.........It was the most amazing feeling on earth, but its so sad when u know u will never spot that person again.......................
frown.gif

100% I believe in love @ first sight. Happened to me and my wonderful prince the very second we finally got to meet each other after getting to know one another off the net! Love is such a beautiful thing. It makes even the darkest and evil of ppl skip around humming a happy song.....Well it Does! Last time I got to talk to my darling after so long of no time to chat with him I went home skipping and humming.

**cass stumbles around in the dark**

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-09-2002).]

I don't believe in it - but I do believe in lust at first sight, and intrigue at first sight.

I also don't believe in fate, or that there is "that one person out there destined for each of us."

Originally posted by bonovista:
Absolutely YES!!!

I had never seen Paul in the flesh until he came out to stay with me permanently. The second he stepped foot at the airport, it was more than love at first sight. Add a ton of lust too...
wink.gif

bonovista, I am just so curious as to how he was willing to leave his family and job to do that. It is very illogical but amazing nonetheless.

foray

No.

And Khan, shouldnt you wait till the big meeting before you answer this question?

I just found this quote:

Q. Do you believe in love at first sight?
A: Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time.
- From an interview with Bono on 2CR FM, 18/11/00

Originally posted by UV2001:
I just found this quote:

Q. Do you believe in love at first sight?
A: Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time.
- From an interview with Bono on 2CR FM, 18/11/00

*fuzzies*
smile.gif

And there is a recent quote from Guggi, or Gavin, I think, how he remembers when he introduced Bono to Ali and Ali was standing there looking very casual and how Bono just disappeard out in the blue and he had no clue why. LOL So sweet!

To answer the question, yes I do believe in love at first sight but after the first interaction it might fade away.

It's interesting to know who of you that answered no, fell in love with U2's music at the first listening, it's kind of the same thing I guess.
smile.gif

I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe you might see someone and you might feel a special connection with them, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, and after you get to know them, you could well completely not get along.

I do to an extent... The night I met my current boyfriend, I knew that there was something different about him and there were different feelings I had for him immediately that I"ve never had for anyone else before. I'd been in love before (or at least thought I had been), but never like this - it's hard to explain, but there's nothing else like it
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Back
Top Bottom