Love and Rockets LIVE!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
Tuesday night I got to see Love and Rockets LIVE at the Glass House in Pomona!! I was front row!! They looked GREAT and sounded AMAZING!!!!!!! this was one of the 2 shows before the Chochella(sp?) shows!! It was AMAZING!!!

9af043f8.jpg

here are a few pics:

ecc120a3.jpg

5c5cdb15.jpg

d05fdbcb.jpg

BonoVoxSupastar said:
When did Mystery the Pickup Artist start fronting Love and Rockets?

Daniel Ash is totally peacocking. I think you can also see him neg a target in the front row in one of those pics.

Despite how much I love Peter Murphy's voice, Love And Rockets catalogue is better than Bauhaus (in my eyes). Would love to see them again.

Um, Daniel has an Ash sticker on his guitar. Did he play with them, or is it just a sticker? May be a dumb question....

So I've never heard a Love & Rockets song in my life that I know of. How do they compare to Bauhaus? Where should I start? What songs should I look up on Youtube? Is there a decent compilation?

There's a collection called Sorted: The Best of Love & Rockets that isn't too bad in terms of tracklisting. I like Earth Sun Moon the best, but it's their most stripped down album, and isn't necessarily characteristic. I think old school fans would recommend Express. Personally, the best combination of accessible and definitive is probably their fourth album, the self-titled one. It also has their biggest hit, So Alive.

loveandrockets_1989.jpg

u2popmofo said:
So I've never heard a Love & Rockets song in my life that I know of. How do they compare to Bauhaus? Where should I start? What songs should I look up on Youtube? Is there a decent compilation?

Love and Rockets!!

Ball of Confusion (not theirs but they played it well and it is the song they opened with Tuesday night)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ALRLZQf42s

No New tale to Tell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AFb3

No Big Deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zUslYhReMY&feature=related

zonelistener said:
Despite how much I love Peter Murphy's voice, Love And Rockets catalogue is better than Bauhaus (in my eyes). Would love to see them again.

Um, Daniel has an Ash sticker on his guitar. Did he play with them, or is it just a sticker? May be a dumb question....

Good question about the sticker...I thought it was because of his last name :reject:
8408e166.jpg

6f2f29b4.jpg

When they were played "Haunted", David J needed help with the lyrics, there was this burly security gaurd standing in front covering the lyrics and David had trouble reading the chart, it was right below me taped to the rail, David was frustrated and when the song finished he told the serurity gaurd to move because he just screwed up the lyrics since the security was blocking them, then David said that he was too old and probably had alzeimers since he couldnt remember some of the lyics to some of the songs..:)

d0bc7314.jpg

58f8fcc2.jpg

Here David was leaning the tip hat towards where I was, this was after the encore of one song The Clash's "London calling"

7a4ac424.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos! Glad you had a good time. How could they not play 'So Alive'? Then again, I only know a handful of songs.

This means it's been a year since I saw Crowded House at the Glass House prior to Coachella... Memories!

Lila64 said:
Great photos! Glad you had a good time. How could they not play 'So Alive'? Then again, I only know a handful of songs.

This means it's been a year since I saw Crowded House at the Glass House prior to Coachella... Memories!

Yeah, I was not surprised that they didnt play So Alive, but they played a lot of the best songs from their catalog...

I can't watch webfeeds very well on my computers :angry: but I did listen to some of it (audio came in fine last night). Did you go?

Back
Top Bottom