LOTR snubbed!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2002, 10:56 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 02:11 AM
After all the justified hype and results in the box office, it just gets ripped off. That just sucks.

Old 03-25-2002, 11:34 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:11 PM
i didnt see the awards, but i am angry that LOTR didnt get the recognition it deserved.

Old 03-26-2002, 03:20 AM   #18
Acrobat

LOTR was not going to win the big awards. I think most academy voters are going to wait and see the whole trilogy before even considering it for the big awards. It would be like giving the Best Pic award for only the first forty minutes of A Beautiful Mind. At least that's what I would do if I could vote. I would judge each separate movie on its own for its tech/music merits...but I would wait until its all over for the Big ones. Peter Jackson is in a unique situation. How many times can directors really say "There's always next year!" for the same story?

And don't anyone dare call them sequels! The Tolkien fans will jump on anyone that does that...they are continuations...not sequels...

And LOTR and ABM both got four awards. No sweeps...no shut outs. I'm ok with it...sorry Sir Ian didn't win...but then again...there's always next year

dream wanderer
Old 03-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #19
Acrobat

I forsee the academy taking note of Peter Jackson..doing what has not been done before (filming three blockbuster epics at the same time)
However..they may or may not reward him for this particular movie...(re Ron Howard getting on the Vomit comet and flying around directing and making a blockbuster...also doing what no director had done before)
He may down the road make another noteworthy movie...an ok movie about someone with a great handicap to overcome...and Hollywood will reward him for that...and will also be making up for snubbing him now (re once again Ron Howard/Beautiful mind)

I am psychic

dream wanderer
Old 03-26-2002, 12:27 PM   #20
MacPhisto's serving wench

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dream wanderer:
I forsee the academy taking note of Peter Jackson..doing what has not been done before (filming three blockbuster epics at the same time)
However..they may or may not reward him for this particular movie...(re Ron Howard getting on the Vomit comet and flying around directing and making a blockbuster...also doing what no director had done before)
He may down the road make another noteworthy movie...an ok movie about someone with a great handicap to overcome...and Hollywood will reward him for that...and will also be making up for snubbing him now (re once again Ron Howard/Beautiful mind)

I am psychic

dream wanderer

I agree. When ROn Howard filmed Apollo 13, everyone looked teh other way. Despite the fact that him and his actors rode that Vomit Comet over 600 times....

And later he wins for a Beautiful Mind. Peter Jackson will get his. Don't ya worry.