LOTr nerds annoynomous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
SPOILERS FOR THE RETURN OF THE KING...go no furth unless you have alreayd read the books

I have been bored all day so all I have done is read LOTR...and now I can scarce talk but to speak or write in the manner of tolkien
and now the day in waning and the night waxing...I will swoon ere the hour is passed

erm....

anyway...
to the matter at hand

I am almost finished The Return of the King...again...for the 5th time

as I was reading it I couldn't help but think how they will make this into the film
what will they change?
what will they add?

first of all...the paths of the de3ad may not work...people who don't now anything about LOTr may not understand it and it may seem very random

I definitly think the Riders of rohan should NOT meet the wild men who lead them past the mordor army...that is an unnecessary meeting..and truth be told ..my least favorite part of the books. they talk 'like big hairy caveman and lead horsepeople to safe paths. use bright iron to scare away nasty orcs'
I think eomer or someone should just know about the path to minis tirith

The scouring of the shire should not be in there at all! though I love reading it..in a film it would be very anti-climatic
they should just go straight to the grey havens scene...which will be a VERY heartbreaking scene
t

Basstrap said:
'like big hairy caveman and lead horsepeople to safe paths. use bright iron to scare away nasty orcs'

:lol: :lmao: :combust:

Bass you are funny. I know not allot will get that but it cracked me up. :up:

At the current moment I am trying not to think about is becuase it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away. I need to get off my ass thought and re read the ROTK so all the details are fresh in my mind.

where do you sign...oic

.................................................................Aunt O'Really Us
aka cass o'wary
I just made a botched attempt at explaining LOTR"nerdism" so I felt I had best add my "X"

I've read all the books and I dont even understand the whole Paths of the Dead thing. It may be cool in a movie though, to see an army of undead, who knows. I also agree that the wild men could be left out.

The Scouring of the Shire is going to be cut...I always liked the idea of Merry and Pippin kicking ass though! :)

I can't wait to see the Paths of the Dead...I think ROTK should be 4 hours, with an intermission so they can get everything in! (including what they cut out of TT)

Elisabeth

I think that is a good idea but not feesable. I would go see it still if it was that long.

It's been sooooooooo long since I read the books. Come to think of it, I want to know where my LOTR and Rinendell posters are. I only have the Nazgul one and Treebeard....

I dressed up as Gandolf to go see the movie......

I got in trouble because my hat wasin the way.

I just finished reading the trilogy - I even read the appendices :reject:. I'm actually really looking forward to how they portray Shelob. Huge monsters are always loads of fun :D. And so far Peter Jackson and gang haven't disappointed with those.

For the most part I agree with your ideas on cuts, Bass - the Shire scouring will seem anti-climactic and the wildmen aren't really all that important. But I think the Path of the Dead could work - it's a somewhat important part of Aragorn's growth into king (only the true king could recall the dead and thus set them free) - and it also sets the scene for how Aragorn arrives by boat to turn the tide of the battle of Pelennor (now how's that for geek talk - hehe, I actually know the name of the battle at Minas Tirith), as well as a good source of tension between him and Eowyn. Plus they certainly have the imagination and special effects talent to pull it off. But I could see how and why it could be cut.

Last edited:
yeah, I think it's cool how they capture the enemy ships and all, I was thinking that maybe they would just do the same but instead take an army of humans
the dead could work if they explain it enough so the audience is not like,
WTF?

Back
Top Bottom