LOTR DVD on sale tomorrow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream wanderer

Acrobat
For those interested...the 'One DVD to rule them all' will go on sale in stores tomorrow....tomorrow being August 6.

This LOTR DVD will be the release you saw in the theaters...with some extra goodies added on. I hear some of the mistakes have been edited out....

In November we will get the 'Director's Cut' with about 30 minutes of added scenes...added right into the movie a la Star Wars and not tacked on at the end (I hate it when they do that!!)

So if you are into Tolkie and liked the movie...enjoy.

dream wanderer

dream wanderer said:
So if you are into Tolkie and liked the movie...enjoy.
I am into Tolkien.
I'm not into the movie, though......
:scratch: Thus: Think I won't buy it.......... :scratch:

dream wanderer said:
In November we will get the 'Director's Cut' with about 30 minutes of added scenes
since it is called the Director's Cut I feel they should have cut 30 minutes from the movie
lord knows it's long enough anyway

I can't wait. :heart:

but I don't have a DVD player. :(

However, there is talk amongst some of my other LOTR lovin' friends who do have one that a copy will be purchased shortly. *makes note to call them*

everybody's favorite elf along with sula's favorite guy

FOTR17.jpg

I f you can only afford to buy one... I should probably wait until November eh??

Why do the directors do that!!!! :scream:

I don't know why director's do that...or why its called 'director's cut'...(PJ doesn't like that term;)

If you can believe this...there is even another one ....this one is boxed...has two little Argonath statues and the National Geographic "Behind the Movie" included! I think I will pass on that one...I already have the NG DVD and I'm not into collecting little statues :D I don't know when that one will be released...

I think its New Line that is doing all this...not PJ.

dream wanderer

Back
Top Bottom