Lost (the show)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it's a guy--and it's not Charlie or Hurley. :hmm:

GREAT episode. Makes up for the last 2 for sure.

I read somewhere, I think it was on MSN, that the writers swear there is an answer for everything on the show. They're determined to have no loose ends, a'la The X-Files...

God that ep was great last night. Just when I think that show can't get any better or more clever - it goes and just blows me away. :heart:

I keep thinking about the death spoiler and we had a debate at our house. Since most of our characters have trust issues, and we know it's not Hurley or Charlie, here are our pair-ups:

Sawyer doesn't trust anyone but Kate, will she betray him?

Boone trusts Locke implicitly...and that would lead Locke further onto the "anti Jack" path.

Michael only trusts Walt, and Walt already torched the raft, that would be a really dark twist.

Sayid and Shannon are quite affectionate these days and given Shannon's past with men, will she be unable to break her pattern and screw him over? Or will she do something to Boone?

That's very interesting.

You certainly don't see Locke and Jack working together anymore. Perhaps it's these two that will split the survivors into two camps and two sides on the season finale due to whomever's death?

Yeah, that's one of the the most stubborn theories I've seen, and the fact that someone is going to be betrayed seems to imply that things are going to get nastier...

AICN had an interview with one of the writers said that Stephen King's "The Stand" was a major influence on the show, and to pay close attention to that.

AvsGirl41 said:
So it's a guy--and it's not Charlie or Hurley. :hmm:

Just because she said 'big' wasn't in reference to anyone's size doesn't necessarily mean that it's NOT Hurley. AS far as 'big' goes, he's still a major character.

As for Jack and Locke.....when were they EVER together? Both have done their own thing since the show began. They help each other when needed (i.e. John going after Ethan), but other than that...they've never been enemies, nor have they been allies.

And the radio tower of the island.....maybe it has something to do with this:

http://www.crewpix.com/albums/TVShows/DSCN2458.jpg
(sorry, it doesn't work to link it. Just paste the url and it should work)
The caption reads: ABC "LOST" Plane crash in jungle where "Boone" finds a cashe of drugs.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

But I'll be seeing U2 that night! *runs and ducks*

Were there any previews last night?

Thanks Queen Bee :wave:

You lucky duck! :drool: Make sure you set your VCR/Tivo :yes:

Yeah, I think they showed it again tonight as well. You can download the preview here.

I'll send you a PM with the links to the videos. I still haven't uploaded them since I can't remember where I saved them. I'll get to it tomorrow. :reject:

Interesting episode tonight. Certainly not the calm Locke we've been used to seeing.

And how many other people think the little boy in the toy store with Locke could've been Boone? You know, since each episode seems to have some kind of weird connection...

Just a thought.

It definitely was an interesting episode.. a thought/parallel that became apparent tonight noticed.

Locke: son of a wealthy man
Boone/Shannon: children of wealthy parents
Jack: Surgeon/son of a surgeon. Well-off
Hurley: wealth after winning the lottery
Charlie: wealthy at one time as a rock star (I assume he lost it all while on drugs/waiting for the next big hit
Jin/Sun: Sun is the daughter of a Korean "businessman"/Jin worked for him. Well-off
Kate/Sawyer: made a lot of money illegally
Michael/Claire/Sayid: don't know about them yet.

Is this just a coincidence? Or is there some sort of tale of morality.. a sort of 'Money isn't Everything'?

Then again, they could all be dead and this is just some sort of Sartre No Exit 'Hell' gag to the islanders.

^ I thought so too.

maybe they'll drag it out over a few episodes.

plus claire's going into labor next week too.

locke's dream kinda freaked me out. "theresa falls up the stairs. theresa falls down the stairs..." :yikes:

^ That freaked me out too...it was so creepy...:huh:

But definately an interesting episode.
Amazing how a little hair can make Locke look so much younger eh?

Well, my station's weather guy decided to break in to talk about a freaking thunderstorm headed our way, at what was basically the climax of the show, no less. I have a pretty good idea, but would someone mind telling me what happened between Locke bringing Boone back to the cave, and Locke lying in the hospital bed after his surgery with his mother standing there? What did she tell him? I would really appreciate it.

Something about how they had lied to Locke just so he would offer to donate his kidney.

I don't remember the rest. I was a little confused because I missed the beginning of the show. Still not clear if it was his real father or not.

Back
Top Bottom