Lost (the show)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh. I was let down.

I was expecting some island sex and betrayals.

What the hell is up with Locke anyway? How does he *know* everything about everyone?? Answers, I want answers! This is worse than The X-Files.

AvsGirl41 said:
Eh. I was let down.

No kidding! The boar thing was kind of cheesy...it seems like they've really run out of ideas....hope they get better ideas after the one month break...

Maybe it's me, but I just don't get what all the bitching is about. We may not be getting pummeled with action/mystery sequences like we were in the beginning, but if you ask me, the stories are still excellent.

It's not a two hour movie.

AvsGirl41 said:
What the hell is up with Locke anyway? How does he *know* everything about everyone?? Answers, I want answers! This is worse than The X-Files.

I think the island is telling him.

But yeah this epidose was kinda boring. Except for it seems that Sawyer has precrash connections with Jack and in a way Boone. I wonder if they all have some sort of precrash connection with each other.

I wonder if the Red Sox reference was written before last October?
Or is that gonna work into the story somehow, fate being changed or something.

Hewson said:
I wonder if the Red Sox reference was written before last October?
Or is that gonna work into the story somehow, fate being changed or something.

Ha - I was wondering the exact same thing. Perhaps they won after they crashed on the island and they simply don't know...

myusernamehere said:

I think the island is telling him.

But yeah this epidose was kinda boring. Except for it seems that Sawyer has precrash connections with Jack and in a way Boone. I wonder if they all have some sort of precrash connection with each other.

That was actually one of the "spoilers" I read somewhere--everyone on the island has interacted with someone else there.

Hmm, I just remembered that Sawyer was being arrested as Boone sat in the police office about his sister, wonder what that was about. I smell another flashback sequence. :|

This whispering this is a recurring subplot

I kind of think they are in some sort of coma.

the whispering may be the hospital staff

deep said:
This whispering is a recurring subplot

I kind of think they are in some sort of coma.

the whispering may be the hospital staff

or something like this?

Waking to a nightmare

Although rare, awareness during surgery can be a traumatizing event. Some patients are able to feel and hear but unable to alert their doctors.

Judy Foreman
Health Sense

February 21, 2005

Seven years ago, Carol Weihrer, a flutist and office administrator, had her right eye removed. She had been living in pain from a severely scratched cornea for years and had already undergone 17 surgeries to try to fix it.

Just before she was given general anesthesia, Weihrer remembers, she was feeling relieved that her trauma would soon be over. Suddenly, she woke up hearing disco music and thinking, "I must be done."

The next thing she heard was someone saying, " 'Cut deeper. Pull harder.' I realized: They are not done. They are just starting."

She felt no pain, but was absolutely terrified. "I can remember praying to God, screaming, but no sound came out," said Weihrer, now 53, whose vocal muscles had been paralyzed by the anesthesia.

Such anesthesia awareness is not as rare as one might think. An estimated one to two out of every 1,000 patients — or 20,000 to 40,000 Americans a year — wake up under general anesthesia, according to a large study by Emory University researchers published last year. (Patients given local or regional pain blocks plus "conscious sedation" are not unconscious to begin with and therefore cannot have anesthesia awareness.)

General anesthesia is a combination of several drugs that block pain, paralyze the muscles so surgeons can cut tissue more easily, and render patients unconscious and unable to remember the operation.

The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, which accredits 85% of American hospitals, recently described the condition as "under-recognized" and "under-treated" and said hospitals and doctors should develop policies for avoiding it.

To this day, Weihrer, who now runs Anesthesia Awareness Campaign Inc. from her home in Reston, Va., says she can't sleep more than a few hours without nightmares and can recall verbatim doctors' conversations in the operating room.

Like many patients who wake up during anesthesia, she is being treated for post-traumatic stress disorder, which includes flashbacks, irritability and exaggerated startle responses.

"

Last edited:
There was a segment in the news after the show a couple weeks ago where they interviewed the actors. I don't remember everything that was said, but I do remember them saying that one major character will be killed off before the end of the season and that everyone should pay attention to Walt.

ribbons&bows said:
There was a segment in the news after the show a couple weeks ago where they interviewed the actors. I don't remember everything that was said, but I do remember them saying that one major character will be killed off before the end of the season and that everyone should pay attention to Walt.

I read about that a few days ago. Apparently the major character is one of the male cast members.

I thought the same thing. Jin seems pretty expendable now, yet familiar enough that it could cause the audience a pang.

I'm sooo glad the "I speak English" subplot is over.

Next week's episode looks awesome! But I'm sure we'll get a flashback of how Jack once lost his favorite baseball glove or something. Seriously, I love this show, but it's maddening too! It makes The X-Files seem like easy watching.

From Watch with Kristin at E! Online:
boyee asks: I read your column LINK about someone dying on Lost and nearly had a heart attack. Pleeeeeeeeeaaasseeee, I beg of you. Tell me it’s not Dominic Monahan.

Kristin_Veitch replies: It’s not. But I can tell you that this person is well-loved, well-featured and well, doomed. It is one of the fourteen series regulars – one of the BIGGEST characters -- and the episode is guaranteed to make you bawl your ever-lovin’ eyes out.

I highly doubt it's going to be Jin.

AvsGirl41 said:
Next week's episode looks awesome! But I'm sure we'll get a flashback of how Jack once lost his favorite baseball glove or something.

A little birdie told me that next week is gonna feature Hurley :hyper:

Great episode last night, I cried at the end when Jin left Sun. He wanted to start a new life too. Funny thing is, they get the chance and they ruin it.
Walt :shocked: can't believe it was him. Is it me, or did that kid have a major growth spurt?

Last edited:
For those who haven't heard/read about it somewhere else (or didn't notice themselves), Hurley was on the TV the little Korean girl was watching.

He was getting into a car and driving away; there were Korean subtitles.

medmo said:
For those who haven't heard/read about it somewhere else (or didn't notice themselves), Hurley was on the TV the little Korean girl was watching.

:ohmy: I missed that! Too many interuptions at my house last night. It was a really good episode. :yes:

medmo said:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that!

A precursor to next week's episode perhaps? The preview looked like it might be about Hurley, finally...

medmo said:

I thought it was him.

Wait, sorry -- I missed last night. Can someone fill me in?? My family made me miss my favorite show to celebrate my bday a night early. Can you believe their nerve? :huh:

medmo said:

Oh. My. God. I missed that!!!!! :ohmy:

My money for who gets killed is either Hurley or Sawyer. And Hurley is the most loved here. But god, what a great character.

Back
Top Bottom