LOST: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't catch this live last night, but will most definitely be catching the remaining episodes live. So I just now got around to it...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Am I the only one that was completely blown away by that episode, and thought that it was one of the coolest/saddest/most exciting episodes in the show's history? Holy shit, man. I'm sitting here, it's been about 20 minutes since it ended (had to smoke a cigarette first and be alone with my thoughts before I came in here and read a bunch of negative shit), and I'm still semi-shaking. My god.

That sequence, from when Jack pulls out the Red Digital Readout ticking bomb (Ebert would be so proud) to when Jin and Sun die together (not alone) - I have no qualms saying that that is on par with the best and most exhilarating extended sequences I've ever seen on television. For me. I shit you not. Is nobody with me here? Like I said, my heart is still kinda pounding. God dammit, that was great!

My mind was racing: (are they all gonna die? then there's the alt. universe. now we know MIB is evil. holy shit, Sayid went out like a fucking gangster! holy shit, jin and sun. holy shit, the "Life And Death" piano theme that gets me every time. holy shit, holy shit, holy shit). I gasped. I cried. I...wow.

And then after the break, Jorge Garcia's shitty acting on the beach took me out of it...slightly. But still, fuck me.

And I thought most everything else in the episode was damn good, too. Wow. Are they really going to top that, like 3 or 4 more times? I honestly don't know if my liquor-addled mind and tar-soaked heart can take much more of that shit.

I'm with you GAF, the climax last night I found tremendous, made me hate Sawyer much like in season 1 when he was a bit of a douche, made me like Jack again(I've been saying I think he ends up the hero, still looks plausible), and bummed me out when Sayid, Sun and Jin all bought the farm.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Am I the only one that was completely blown away by that episode, and thought that it was one of the coolest/saddest/most exciting episodes in the show's history? Holy shit, man. I'm sitting here, it's been about 20 minutes since it ended (had to smoke a cigarette first and be alone with my thoughts before I came in here and read a bunch of negative shit), and I'm still semi-shaking. My god.

No, I think it was great, too. I wouldn't say the best, or even in the top 5, but it was an entertaining hour, that's for sure. I don't really get the negativity either. Not speaking for everyone obviously, but I think a lot of it has to do with two likable characters getting killed off, so people are pissed.

And then after the break, Jorge Garcia's shitty acting on the beach took me out of it...slightly. But still, fuck me.

See, that's funny, because like I said earlier, that's the part that did get me, after sitting dried-eyed through the death scene.

In all fairness though, I think that the reason I was unemotional during that is because if I did let it get to me, I probably would have spent the next week sobbing. So, instead, I choose to focus on the alternate reality, assuming (hoping) that that is the one that's going to end up being real, and they can all live happily ever after. Also, their deaths were sort of telegraphed the episode before, when Jin said that he would never leave her again. When a character says that during a reunion on a dramatic series, you know that can't bode well for them.

I'm with you GAF, the climax last night I found tremendous, made me hate Sawyer much like in season 1 when he was a bit of a douche, made me like Jack again(I've been saying I think he ends up the hero, still looks plausible), and bummed me out when Sayid, Sun and Jin all bought the farm.

During that scene, I said aloud "tell Sawyer about what happened with you and Richard and the dynamite!!" But in keeping with Lost tradition, he didn't share that piece of information. :lol:

Also, re Jin staying with Sun - I was thinking that in that very moment, he probably felt more attachment with his wife than he did with his child whom he'd never met...so, he stayed. Not saying it's the right thing to do, but it's understandable.

I am thinking there is a need? to kill off the remaining candidates.

So we have 3 left? Jack, Hurley and Sawyer.
Jack will be last one standing.

Jin and Sun were potential candidates so take them both out at once.

I just feel their demise was not on par either Charlie's or Boone's deaths.

This was a missed opportunity.

Why not have them speaking Korean, it would have seemed more natural and intimate.

Sun could have said, "Jin, you must leave and live for our daughter."

Sobbing Jin could have replied "Sun, the will to live for our daughter is great, but it is not as great as the will to live with you for just a few more moments"

Sobbing Jin could then say, "I can not live a lifetime knowing I could have had a few more moments with you"
then they both embrace sobbing heavily as the sub cabin floods to ceiling.

Why not have them speaking Korean, it would have seemed more natural and intimate.

Totally agree. That said, though the beach scene didn't really move me that much, and while I do realize that they should have been speaking Korean to each other the whole time (and yes, it did bug me, too), the weight of Jin switching to their native tongue to tell Sun that he would never leave her again was a poignant moment for me, and I will admit to getting a little lump at the back of my throat during that scene.

I loved it, but the main reason that the death scene sucked so badly, for me, was the TERRIBLE ADR. Oh, man. So bad. My girlfriend thought that something was wrong with the speakers.

Regarding the "is Locke-Smokie-MIB really evil?" debate:

Most of the new issue of Entertainment Weekly is devoted to Lost. There's an article in which Lindelof and Cuse are asked why Jin, Sun, and Sayid were killed in last week's episode.

Why did they have to die? "Because now you know this show is willing and capable of killing anyone," says Lindelof. And why is that so important? To establish once and for all that the Locke-ness Monster is the true villian of season 6 and quite possibly all of Lost. "There is no abiguity," says Cuse. "He is evil and he has to be stopped."

So wait...Smocke could shoot Kate because she's crossed out? And will we see Jin, Sun, and Sayid again (since they're all still kicking in LA)?

Regarding the "is Locke-Smokie-MIB really evil?" debate:

Most of the new issue of Entertainment Weekly is devoted to Lost. There's an article in which Lindelof and Cuse are asked why Jin, Sun, and Sayid were killed in last week's episode.

Why did they have to die? "Because now you know this show is willing and capable of killing anyone," says Lindelof. And why is that so important? To establish once and for all that the Locke-ness Monster is the true villian of season 6 and quite possibly all of Lost. "There is no abiguity," says Cuse. "He is evil and he has to be stopped."

Yeah. What we should be mourning this week is not the deaths of those characters, but of the nuance we had been led to believe was present in the conflict.

Yeah. What we should be mourning this week is not the deaths of those characters, but of the nuance we had been led to believe was present in the conflict.

Thank you.

I wasn't terribly impressed with this week's episode.

I'm all Jack and some Hurley at this point. I'm numb to everyone else. This probably means Jack and Hurley will get killed off.

I have high hopes for Desmond, too. I think he'll survive somehow.

Well that nuance had to be resolved at some point, now they focus on clearing up other stuff. We know Johnny Cash ia a bad man now, but we still have much to learn about him and Jake the Snake.

Jack swam up with Sawyer's unconscious body and found Hurley and Kate. He told them Sawyer was gonna be OK, took a nasty bump on the head but he's breathing. Then Kate asked about Sun and Jin and Jack shakes his head "no", Kate looks like she's gonna cry and Hurley started bawling, Jack got up and walked to the ocean and stared off and then broke down...then they go to Mocke and Claire on the dock(e), Faucke says "it sunk". Claire says "the submarine? they were all on it. they're all dead?", Flocke replies, "not all of them" and grabs his gun, Claire Rousseau asks where he's going and Johnny Cash replies "to finish what I started".

So is the airplane useless without Lapidus? Or is Lapidus dead for sure?

If Flocke wants to leave the island, wouldn't the sub have been a better choice for him than the airplane?

Just a few questions that I have bouncing around in my head.

Jack swam up with Sawyer's unconscious body and found Hurley and Kate. He told them Sawyer was gonna be OK, took a nasty bump on the head but he's breathing. Then Kate asked about Sun and Jin and Jack shakes his head "no", Kate looks like she's gonna cry and Hurley started bawling, Jack got up and walked to the ocean and stared off and then broke down...then they go to Mocke and Claire on the dock(e), Faucke says "it sunk". Claire says "the submarine? they were all on it. they're all dead?", Flocke replies, "not all of them" and grabs his gun, Claire Rousseau asks where he's going and Johnny Cash replies "to finish what I started".

Thank you!

If Flocke wants to leave the island, wouldn't the sub have been a better choice for him than the airplane?

Just a few questions that I have bouncing around in my head.

I get the sense Cash won't be leaving the island on a plane or a sub, I think if all the candidates and Jakie Snakie are gone he is no longer bound/imprisoned there and can go by smoke signal or whatever. I don't think a mode of traansportation will be necessary.

The airplane is already useless, as it neither has enough fuel to fly anywhere nor a windshield nor a reverse gear. Frank must be back on the bottle to have managed to overlook all of that, but whatever. It was all a ruse. And while the sub absolutely would have been the best way to go, if he was able to use it, it's like Jack summed it all up: Smokey can't go anywhere in any way, until the candidates are all dead. Even then, I feel like there may still be a roadblock, but I don't know. Given that only three episodes remain, we should finally learn something about this. But who knows, right? Maybe that's not one of the essential mysteries, or whatever.

The airplane is already useless, as it neither has enough fuel to fly anywhere nor a windshield nor a reverse gear. Frank must be back on the bottle to have managed to overlook all of that, but whatever. It was all a ruse. And while the sub absolutely would have been the best way to go, if he was able to use it, it's like Jack summed it all up: Smokey can't go anywhere in any way, until the candidates are all dead. Even then, I feel like there may still be a roadblock, but I don't know. Given that only three episodes remain, we should finally learn something about this. But who knows, right? Maybe that's not one of the essential mysteries, or whatever.

Yeah. The plane has bugged me since it "landed" there--highly unlikely it would ever be able to leave. And, as I mentioned earlier, you can disable a modern jet on the ground with a stick or coin (or your bare hands) if you want.

Other than the complication/time of reorienting and getting the plane ready to fly, I'm not sure why Flocke didn't let Widmore's bomb blow them up, it would have fulfilled the requirement of Flocke not doing it himself (versus Sawyer--thanks dumbass).

Anyway, it should be a hell of a ride for the next 3-plus hours.

Anyone going to go to the movies May 20?

Times Talks Live: Lost Movie Synopsis and Overview

You never know, I thought the whole VW bus episode was a waste until Hurley used it to run people over in the finale, so maybe someone will use Dogbreath and McCartney's corpses as weapons in the finale.

Yeah, I don't know if Lapidus is going to survive all of this, but if we didn't actually see his last breath, then he's probably alive.

:lmao:

It also annoyed me that none of them asked or worried about him afterward! :grumpy: Unless it was because we are supposed to assume they think they saw him die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom