LOST: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ It was!

Lostcupcakes2-2-2010.jpg

Lost cupcakes were made in my house earlier before the show :uhoh:

good show last night.

My initial thought about what's going on is in this series we're always getting flashbacks, until season 5 when we were getting semi flashbacks/real time of those who got off the island.

what if now we're getting flashforwards and seeing the end? I got the impression that the group was able to find a way to "reset" everything, and none of it ever happened....though it did....notice Jack didn't have his pen or his father for that matter. Locke didn't have his knives....

but still confusing because Desmond was not on the plane, and Boone's sister wasn't on board either.

so i guess i really don't know :) typical

Not so sure, but it would make a lot of sense. I think...?

That was really a mindfuck of an episode, for me. By the end, I was almost numb to everything that was going on, regardless of how surprising it was or wasn't. I just didn't have anything left in the tank.

Wow, that's exactly how I felt. :up:

I almost feel like I need to rewatch, and take a day or two to process it.

Lostcupcakes2-2-2010.jpg

Lost cupcakes were made in my house earlier before the show :uhoh:

That's awesome! :lol:

So, I was right that (new) Locke is the smoke monster, took on the form of Ben's daughter and is generally an all round bad guy. Who isn't allowed to kill the good guy so he recruits a Judas (Ben) to do it. I still think this is a Satan/Michael Cain/Abel Jacob/Esau story that keeps getting played out in history over and over and then along came science with attempts to change/harness it. I think everyone on the island may be actually dead.

What a mindfuck, though. I need to watch again, without the commercials.

good show last night.

My initial thought about what's going on is in this series we're always getting flashbacks, until season 5 when we were getting semi flashbacks/real time of those who got off the island.

what if now we're getting flashforwards and seeing the end? I got the impression that the group was able to find a way to "reset" everything, and none of it ever happened....though it did....notice Jack didn't have his pen or his father for that matter. Locke didn't have his knives....

but still confusing because Desmond was not on the plane, and Boone's sister wasn't on board either.

so i guess i really don't know :) typical

Take a look at this interview with Damon & Carlton, especially this portion:

EW: The whole idea of flash-sideways and the plan to use season 6 to show us a world where Oceanic 815 never crashed — how long has that been in the works? Why did you want to do it?

DAMON LINDELOF: It’s been in play for at least a couple of years. We knew that the ending of the time travel season was going to be an attempt to reboot. And as a result, we [knew] the audience was going to come out of the “do-over moment” thinking we were either going start over or just say it didn’t work and continue on. [We thought] wouldn’t it be great if we did both? That was the origin of the story.

CARLTON CUSE: We thought just doing one [of those options] would inherently not be satisfying. Since the very beginning of the show, characters started crossing through each other’s stories. Part of our desire [in season 6] is to show that there’s still this kind of weave, that these characters still would have impacted each other’s lives even without the event of crashing on the Island. Obviously, the big question of the season is going to be: How do these [two timelines] reconcile? However, for the fans who have not watched the show closely, that’s an intact narrative. You can just watch the flash sideways — they stand alone all by themselves. For the fans who are more deeply embedded in the show, you can watch those flash sideways, compare them to what transpired in the flashbacks and go, “Oh, that’s an interesting difference.”

I'm definitely going to be watching the episode again sometime this weekend.

And THAT is why Lost is the best show on TV maybe ever.

Hard to top arrested Development though.

i can't see the picture because i'm at work, but you should send it over to popcandy over at the usatoday

popcandy.usatoday.com

the lost discussions over there get crazy

anybody notice how quickly that flight cleared out after it landed?

no way in HELL that happens in real life

Wow, that's exactly how I felt. :up:

I almost feel like I need to rewatch, and take a day or two to process it.

That's awesome! :lol:

I was hoping someone would recognize the characters! :lol: My kids had grand plans to do the symbols for all the stations, but when they turned out looking more like there were stations called the Shovel, and the Dingo, they decided to just go with faces. :der:

Yeah the commercials were ridiculous, practically every 5 minutes! Loved the episode though. And the Desmond thing was strange!

I have flown in and out of LAX several times.
My father was a wheelchair user.

The chair Locke used would not have been allowed on the plane.

They used these skinny high back chairs to get people through the isles.

My dad did not like them.

aisle-chair-transfer-from-wheelchair.jpg

Locke would not have wheeled himself off the plane.

so my guess is Richard came in the Black Rock as a slave right?

I've always thought so, so this was a good (possible :wink: ) confirmation.

uh..... :uhoh: i must have missed something.....

what happened that gave you (both) that idea?

my TV was mini-pixelating and AUDIO mess-up as that happened on channel 7 tho not as bad as some LOST eps I was watching for catch up (holding fist back from anntennae - no cable).

With such a often fast-paced shoe one little Pixelating "hiccup" could miss something

I have flown in and out of LAX several times.
My father was a wheelchair user.

The chair Locke used would not have been allowed on the plane.

They used these skinny high back chairs to get people through the isles.

My dad did not like them.

aisle-chair-transfer-from-wheelchair.jpg

Locke would not have wheeled himself off the plane.

I thought they showed the flight crew bringing a smilar chair to that skinny one down the aisle to Locke when it was just him and Jack left on the plane. I thought we only saw the regular wheelchair in the Lost baggage office.

I thought it was a smaller folding chair
that he wheeled himself?

those aisle wheelchairs operate more like moving handtrucks or dollys, they require a second person to tip them and move (roll) them.

My current guess is that what we're seeing is a combination of parallel universe/flash forward. There's a great theory about this floating around somewhere. Basically, the reset is not complete, Jack will have to do it somehow, and while we're seeing him go that way we'll also be seeing what happens after the reset back in the real world. We're already seeing connections being made that would have happened anyway, and many of them are for the better. I LOVED the Locke/Jack moment at the end.

I thought they showed the flight crew bringing a smilar chair to that skinny one down the aisle to Locke when it was just him and Jack left on the plane. I thought we only saw the regular wheelchair in the Lost baggage office.

That's what I remember seeing, too.

It was a very brief comment that Not!Locke made to Richard, something to the effect of "the last time I saw you, you were in chains," which people are taking to mean that he was in chains on the Black Rock, i.e., a slave.

what happened that gave you (both) that idea?

Just a feeling really. We know that Richard's been around a LONG time. And so far the earliest visitors (marooned) to the island we have seen would be the ship that Jacob and The Man in Black were watching arrive. When he (Locke Thing/Man in Black) said that to Richard about the chains it just felt like a YES moment is all :wink:

EDIT: Ah I see VP posted while I was typing. (Not!Locke - LOL!)

but why would he be ageless then? unless he is a vampire!:wink: Lost's new storyline this season due to the popularity of Twilight....vampires!:lol:

Just a feeling really. We know that Richard's been around a LONG time. And so far the earliest visitors (marooned) to the island we have seen would be the ship that Jacob and The Man in Black were watching arrive. When he (Lock Thing/Man in Black) said that to Richard about the chains it just felt like a YES moment is all :wink:

We are SO getting a Richard flashback episode this season. I think that "chains" line is just whetting the appetite of the mythology freaks like myself.

i thought the chains comment pertained to richard previously being the smoke monster, or something - given how it's always sounded similar to chains/mechanical....and the fact that it was otherwise also the first time i can remember seeing richard get his ass kicked. but my memory is fucked, so hey.

Just a feeling really. We know that Richard's been around a LONG time. And so far the earliest visitors (marooned) to the island we have seen would be the ship that Jacob and The Man in Black were watching arrive. When he (Locke Thing/Man in Black) said that to Richard about the chains it just felt like a YES moment is all :wink:

I suppose I'm starting to be convinced about this theory, but at the time I interpreted the comment to be related to Jacob's death. Last season when asked why he never ages Richard said something like "Jacob made me this way." Now Jacob's dead, so I thought Flocke was saying the metaphorical chains tying Richard to Jacob are gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom