LOST: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been something niggling at me since last week's episode and Claire's recounting of her time on the island. If she has been at war with the Temple Others for the past three years then she can't have been living in 1977 with the rest of the survivors (even Farraday and those in his dinghy made the initial time jump off shore and the Others never did). So what's up with that?

Was it said she was around in the 1977 timeline? The current "on island" people, with the temple others, what year is that supposed to be?

I would also think that not everyone jumps in time. It would seem that some are not "meant" to go back and forth, so Jack and friends are kind of dislodged from Time, that's why the flashing carries them around - like it's trying to get them to where they "belong."

They hyped this episode by saying that they couldn't show anything because it would give too much away. They never promised answers in the previews.

I have been the most patient viewer ever. Hell, I even loved the 2nd season, the one that everyone hates. But even I am losing patience. Tell us SOMETHING, for the love of god. :scream:

I have been the most patient viewer ever. Hell, I even loved the 2nd season, the one that everyone hates. But even I am losing patience. Tell us SOMETHING, for the love of god. :scream:

I understand this thinking, particularly after the outrageous stupidity and apparent malice shown (perhaps not by anybody directly involved with the show) by hyping an entire episode around such massive answers and reveals that no substantial previews can even be shown (although the blood-dripping knife was substantial enough to give away the only potential surprise, but what-the-fuck-ever)...only, as we've established, kind of not to ask any big questions, but pull another "Uh, what are these answers of which you speak...? We don't have none of them shits. Look, though! Non-characters died! Oh, snap!!!!!!" The misdirection is what has me so up in arms. I'm used to enjoying an average of about four episodes of this show, per season (typically the premiere, the finale, and a few in between), so the fact that the episode was decent, rather than an all-time classic, is fine. I'm resigned to that, at this point. But, for fuck's sake, why lie?

The information in this spoiler pertains to what was shown in the "Next week on Lost" closer that always rounds out the episodes. If you don't watch those, then DO NOT READ THIS.
Also FURIOUS that the preview for next week's episode directly states, "Ben dies, next week. Tune in!" Jesus Christ. I'm more upset about that than I am about fretting over this regular-ass episode for a week, although even before the preview it was telegraphed like a bitch! Very Eko-esque. Lord have mercy.

If You Shout, that last paragraph of your post, I didn't know that, and if I didn't, then perhaps others don't either, so you might want to spoiler that.

Anyway, at this point, I'm not impressed with this season so far, period. I kept thinking give them a few episodes to start firing on all cylinders, then we'll get some reveals. We've had plenty of action so far, so we know what happens, but we still don't know why any of it's happening, and I think at this point in the game, that's what we're all concerned with.

10 episodes left, right? They'd better step it up. :|

Yeah, I really regret having seen next week's preview :sigh:

Other than that, I hadn't seen previews for tonight's episode so I wasn't expecting all these answers but I'm not sure how they're going to adequately wrap this up with 10 episodes remaining.

I'm pretty sure we know. The exact words were
"...the man who brought death to so many will face his own demise." With images of Ben and audio of Ben speaking.

I'm pretty sure we know. The exact words were
"...the man who brought death to so many will face his own demise." With images of Ben and audio of Ben speaking.

Regarding the spoiler:

Didn't Ben already face his own demise at the hand of the smoke monster and he survived? WTF?

I feel it was inevitable that this season might disappoint. But, if they can manage mediocre until the finale, I guess I'm okay with that. I'm just a little sad to see characters that they took such loving time building up just become reactionary survival monkeys.

yeah, wtf was that preview all about??? so they can't show any of this week's show in previews....but they'll tell us straight up a important aspect of next week's show???
i don't think it'll go down that way.

this last season has really kind of soured the whole series. the writers really seem to have no clue, or are just fucking with us because they can.

Also, i misheard the part where the Asian Temple Keeper was telling his story....

Jacob brought him to the island so he would NEVER see his son again???? Or by doing another job he'd eventually see his dead son again???

Really makes me think both Jacob and MIB are manipulators of lost souls for their own amusement.

The previews are the doing of the network, not the show's creators, so I don't think you can expect things from an episode based on the previews you saw, or what the voice over said. I don't think it's wise to watch an episode with expectations based on network previews, they're just advertising hype :shrug:
I thought tonight was alright, I'm still in!

My man fucked some shit UP tonight!

I have to say, I'd been hoping those two would bite it since the season premiere. Arrogant pricks.

And Keamy was just some sugar on top. Nice retribution for Sayid getting his ass kicked in the regular reality.

Also, i misheard the part where the Asian Temple Keeper was telling his story....

Jacob brought him to the island so he would NEVER see his son again???? Or by doing another job he'd eventually see his dead son again???

Really makes me think both Jacob and MIB are manipulators of lost souls for their own amusement.

If I recall he said his son would be alive, but he'd never see him.

My man fucked some shit UP tonight!

I have to say, I'd been hoping those two would bite it since the season premiere. Arrogant pricks.

And Keamy was just some sugar on top. Nice retribution for Sayid getting his ass kicked in the regular reality.

Agree 100% on both counts, especially enjoyed the Keamy scene.

BING BING BING we have a winner folks!

the stuff below isn't 'official spoiler' stuff, it's just a continuation of the discussion I'm having with myself about what I think is going on.

The speech not-Locke made in the numbers cave was another clincher to my theory: there is no anything, it's all a big story made up by these two to give lost souls a chance to 'prove' whether they deserve a peaceful or tormented existence after death. The island is a form of purgatory. Everyone on the island has died at some point. What I'm conflicted about is whether or not the smoke monster that did damage last night is 'Evil smoke monster' or 'Good smoke monster'. I dunno, maybe I have flipped the script wrongly, but I still maintain that this is a version of the age-old God vs Satan "I bet I can find good souls/I bet you can't" wager story of the bible. This episode reaffirmed some of that, but also got me thinking 'what if I have it backwards' :hmm: What if Jacob is Evil and Locke/MIB is good? What if the smoke monster came to the temple to cleanse out false worshippers (see: the bible, all the way thru lol).

All I know is, it better be something close to what I'm thinking, or some sort of scientific experiment, or this is gonna be the biggest failure of a close to a series in network television history.

I don't think that they would
say that Ben dies in a preview- that must be something to throw us off and who ever really dies anyway? I just don't want him coming back as smoke. Please. Secondhand smoke monsters are bad for your health.

I don't think that they would
say that Ben dies in a preview- that must be something to throw us off and who ever really dies anyway? I just don't want him coming back as smoke. Please. Secondhand smoke monsters are bad for your health.

They said he "meets his demise", may not mean he dies, he may just get some other come-uppance, like getting dethroned as president of the beady eyes society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom