LOST, Season Two - Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:

I think he meant that they're putting on an act. We saw this when Kate found the the stage makeup/disguises and the fact that they clearly have some sort of medical or scientific training.

I think it's quite obvious that they are part of the whole Dharma Initiative thing. In what capacity, who knows, but like you say, they have knowledge regarding medicine and science, so it would make sense.

did it annoy anyone else last night how charlie just sort of found that syringe gun thing and brought it to claire?

like, im sure.

you are on the creepiest island EVER and you find that thing and just shoot yourself with it.

:huh:

i mean, i know that claire was obsessed with getting "medicine" for erin but c'mon now!

:uhoh: who's erin? you dont mean aaron do you?

we're just watching the episode where locke punched charlie (which made me hate locke even more :angry: ) and im a sucker for knowing spoilers. i tried reading the other thread but after page 5 or so, my connection spazzed.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
did it annoy anyone else last night how charlie just sort of found that syringe gun thing and brought it to claire?

like, im sure.

you are on the creepiest island EVER and you find that thing and just shoot yourself with it.

i mean, i know that claire was obsessed with getting "medicine" for erin but c'mon now!

SERIOUSLY.

And why didn't he to go to Jack with it first? Ya know, considering he's a doctor and everything.

Oh, and it's Aaron
:kiss:

Angela Harlem said:
:uhoh: who's erin? you dont mean aaron do you?

Grrrrr. I hate it when people get that wrong. :mad:

Sorry, bad memories from the third grade.

Anyway, Desmond is definately back for the finale. Slow-mo of the previews proves it. And while I'm keeping my hopes for an awesome finale, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more frustrating than anything.

can someone give me some spoilers? here's what im wanting to know about:
does locke reveal himself a bad past, like everyone else, it seems? he is the ultimate character in what bugs me about the show. characters like kate and ecko etc we think we love, but we forget what they are - which is pretty horrible people. the only characters i actually like are the jin/sun family, hurley, michael, charlie, claire and of course sayid :drool: where was i? yeah. jack, kate, locke and others all bug me. locke especially. he's pivotal, yet so pathetically insignificant in his old life it is precisely that which makes me wonder what the whole meaning of the show is. they've all got skeletons except the oily mr locke. he came from some box factory in west bumblefuck and in some jesus like miracle, began walking again? and now he is he macguyver saviour? no, i think not. i dont like him. he is also self appointing. like jack. who shits me.

does claire end up not getting the shits with charlie? i like claire and all, but no one gives charlie anything. he's the dog's body. she seems to constantly hate him because she is paranoid he's on drugs, or is trying to take aaron, or whatever. it's getting a little tiring.

keep in mind im 6 months behind you guys! can someone give me some answers?

i think that if the others have been on the island for that long, surely they would have had the time and the desire to build more than just huts to live in.

unless they like the huts.

but maybe that's what walter meant. or at least a part of it.

bonosgirl84 said:
i think that if the others have been on the island for that long, surely they would have had the time and the desire to build more than just huts to live in.

unless they like the huts.

but maybe that's what walter meant. or at least a part of it.

I think that's exactly what Walt meant. The huts and the clothes and be facial hair are all fake. It could be that they want to lure the losties out, making them think they're weak and primitive. Or that they're not a threat.

I just can't for the life of me understand why Kate and Claire haven't told everyone about the fake clothes and such that they found in the medical hatch. Helloooooooo!

stammer476 said:

I think that's exactly what Walt meant. The huts and the clothes and be facial hair are all fake. It could be that they want to lure the losties out, making them think they're weak and primitive. Or that they're not a threat.

I just can't for the life of me understand why Kate and Claire haven't told everyone about the fake clothes and such that they found in the medical hatch. Helloooooooo!

i missed part of last night's but one hairy guy looked exactly like locke. but very hairy.

:slant:

i need to get over my locke hate.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

like, im sure.

Agreed. Like it just fell out of the sky and into his lap.

I guess the writers needed to come up with something if they wanted to have Charlie and Claire's relationship back on the mend.

:shrug:

i know
it was really quite the stretch

oh well, i can usually find at least 490 things i dont like about most shows in a one-hour episode

if i can only come up with a few for lost, thats a good thing

bonosgirl84 said:

Who knows, Thurston Howell III had millions, plus a professor at his disposal who could make a radio out of coconuts and a fat and skinny guy who would be cheap labor, yet he and Lovie still lived in a hut for several seasons.

from wiki:

Discredited theories

Lost's mythology is exceedingly complex, in the style of other mystery-adventure shows such as The X-Files and Twin Peaks. This intricacy, and the unresolved questions it spawns, have led to rampant speculation and theorizing among fans, mainly concerning the nature of the island, the origins of the "security system", the "Others", the meaning of the numbers and the reasons for both the crash and the survival of some passengers. Several of the more common fan theories have been discussed and dismissed by the producers, including:

The survivors are dead and/or in Purgatory — dismissed by J. J. Abrams

The survivors are in a time warp — dismissed by Damon Lindelof

Spaceships or aliens influence the events on the island — dismissed by Damon Lindelof

Everything seen is a fictional reality taking place in one or more of the survivors' minds — dismissed by Damon Lindelof

The island is a reality TV show and the castaways unwitting housemates — dismissed by Carlton Cuse

The "black smoke" is a nanobot cloud similar to the one featured in Michael Crichton's novel Prey — dismissed by Damon Lindelof

Defintely tending towards the people on the island being test subjects for experiments.

But that doesn't explain all the synchronicities or "coincidences" or just about anything else.

It's either going to be mind blowingly clever and brilliant and make everyone say "AWESOME!!!" or you will want to personally punch them all in the face when it's revealed that the basic plot was stretched and then stretched and then loosely tied up at the end. It's trending better now then it has all season, all we need now is for Locke to kick some ass and kill a hippy.

Really though, some things are panning out and others aren't.
It's feeling more X-Files all the time. 5 pounds of awesome and 10 pounds of "oh give me a fuckin' break"

Last edited:
Being test subjects also doesn't explain the deaths. But then again, it's fiction.

Could someone pleeeeeeease help me with my questions? i have more of them. I'm not sure what has been revealed over your way, and am behind even on the the Australian schedule.

Do their old lives matter in any way? This has been bothering me. Pity/good thing JJ Abrams dismissed the dead/purgatory angle. The concept of Lost and their having a great mass of dirty turbulent and scandalous pasts is surely not to be ignored. As a group they're a bunch of lowlifes. But then there's oil slicks like Locke and then good decent ordinary people like Claire and Michael. It doesn't make sense. Or maybe I'm trying to make it make sense when this isn't the point. Locke really bothers me. I'm not sure he's supposed to. the psychic in Sydney...I'd love to know what he saw when he did Claire's reading. Was it ever revealed exactly what made him so quick to push her out the door?

ok the psychic thing was basically that claire went to him and he told her that she has to raise the baby herself or great danger will come to the child.
she already had plans to give the child up for adoption.
when she makes it clear that she is going to give up the child regardless of what he says, he suddenly comes up with a family that will adopt the child. he offers to pay for it and gets her a plane ticket on, you guessed it, flight 815.
the old lives totally matter. they are all connected in "real life" somehow.
:happy:

Jeez, i just went to the oceanic arlines flight and this popped up:

I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents.

I've never actually SEEN "Lost". Can someone explain what the big deal is? So they've crashed on an island, they're trying to survive on the island while trying to find ways to get OFF the island.

"Gilligan's Island" did the exact same thing 40 years ago....why is this show such a phonomenon??(SP?)

:scratch: :confused:

:|

Its pretty much, um, nothing like Gilligan's Island.

Its a creep place and everyone on the plane and all other means of transport to the island seem to have been brought there for a reason.

Plus, there were no freaky polar bears on Giligans Island.

And Gilligan's Island never had men this foxy.

normal3minutespromo283cb.jpg

:combust:

Have fun watching the finale tonight folks.

I have to tape as I'm going to Pearl Jam, so nobody talk about the show till after I watch the tape, mmmkay.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom