LOST, Season Two - Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

I don't think that was Kate's dad. He worked with Kate's dad in Iraq, but he was the one (not in uniform) who told Sayid to torture the other soldier for information. Kate's dad was the army officer in uniform.
ah, gotcha. thanks for correcting me.

there are theories floating around that the guy looks like jack with a goatee.

i saw some screenshots this morning, and he really does, but...:huh:

the forum i saw them on is too crowded right now or i'd fetch 'em for ya.

Queen Bee said:
As for the bird, it's still a mystery. The last time as saw it was last season. Speaking of which, can anyone remember which episode it appeared in? I can't remember.

I don't ever remember seeing a bird before. :shrug:

I thought they were going to bring back that crazy black shadow thing, or the loud sounding monster that attacked Locke. Sorry for my very inadequate descriptions of things. My brain is mush today. :huh:

I read this post on another board....I think its pretty interesting:

My guess is that these 2 guys are being financed and paid by Penny to track Desmond`s boat GPS device.

After the termination of the Swan hatch, the device signal became visible again ... it was probably previously blocked by the electromagnetism stuff.

The 2 Portugeses are based either in North or South pole because it is the optimal location to receive a short-wave signal.

If my theory is right, it means that the island is no longuer invisible to the rest of the world ... that means we should see in next season real-time action (as opposed to flash backs) from off the island.

Len Cordova played the Portuguese man on the plane that people are claiming looked like Jack.

notjack8nu.jpg
jack9uw.jpg

There's no conspiracy.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

And it was Portuguese.

From the www.televisionwithoutpity.com recaplet of last night's episode:

Because in the land of ice and snow, Russian chess-players see their electromagnetic detector go crazy, and put in a call to Penny, Desmond's girlfriend. In Soviet Russia, chess plays you. What? They're Portugese? Oh. Well, in democratic Portugal...um...you play chess, I suppose.

:lmao:

Queen Bee said:

Charlie came across it last season.

But I don't remember when :sad:

Cool. I don't remember that scene, but there's a lot from the first season that I didn't catch. I saw the pilot, then started watching again several weeks later. I should really rent the DVD's.

Hmm, in comic books, there are lost worlds in the Antarctic and Arctic, tropical lands with dinosaurs, supernatural, wizards and warriors, etc. You travel through portals to reach them. Just another theory to mull over where the island could be as they did present the fact that it seems to be truly alone. Plus Henry gave Michael specific coordinates to follow to get rescued.

Queen Bee said:
Len Cordova played the Portuguese man on the plane that people are claiming looked like Jack.

There's no conspiracy.
i didn't think it could be jack.

i think that was the first time that they have shown the world outside the island, while the characters are still on the island, i.e. proving that the events on the island ARE happening and they're happening in real time.

lmjhitman said:
i think that was the first time that they have shown the world outside the island, while the characters are still on the island, i.e. proving that the events on the island ARE happening and they're happening in real time.

I'd never thought of that before! Great point! :up:

Queen Bee said:
Actually, maybe it wasn't Charlie that saw it. I know it made an appearance in season 1.

I think.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

A little help, guys?
:angry:

I'm going to be lame and quote myself.

Thanks to Lost nerds I have my answer. The last time we saw the bird was in the season 1 finale. We saw it when Rousseau & company entered the Dark Territory.

As for the bird saying Hurley's name, on the Lost message boards a group of fans were convinced that bird in the season 1 finale was saying Hurley's name. This also spread to Lost podcasts and such. Word got to the producers and they coined it Hurleybird. Hurley's "Did that bird just say my name?" line was a nod to that.

Queen Bee said:

As for the bird saying Hurley's name, on the Lost message boards a group of fans were convinced that bird in the season 1 finale was saying Hurley's name. This also spread to Lost podcasts and such. Word got to the producers and they coined it Hurleybird. Hurley's "Did that bird just say my name?" line was a nod to that.

:lol:

phanan said:

And yes, we just met Desmond's girlfriend, but I find it very intriguing. Is she or her father behind this whole thing? Did she start looking for Desmond and stumble across this anomaly? Lots of new things to get next season started off with.
Made me think maybe her dad set the island up to trap Desmond there and she's been trying to locate him since.

Ok... there's something in my mind... FINALLY AXN got to the season finale... 2 hours of edge-seatting... (or at least bed-lying heart attack :wink: )

1) this is the thing I'm most convinced since that Henry-Ana luci encounter... JACK'S DAD IS ALIVE...

think about it... women who cant get pregnant now can, cancers are "healed" (at least that's what Rose thinks), and Locke WALKS...

besides, HOW ELSE ON EARTH (or island) could "henry" know how Jack's father called Ana Lucia when they were in Australia?

remember my words.. he's alive... he wasn't on the casket on season 1... care to believe?

2) talking to a friend of mine, that saw the finale like a month and a half ago (like most of the planet ¬¬), besides the gps thing a guy posted before (that sound ok) she tellms that desmond didn't took the money, but somhow tha father send him to that place, knowing that the electromagnetism would cought him (because HE is the head planner of the Dharma Innitiative), and Penelope, with all her money, hired those 2 guys to track the island, to at least, know there's life there...

3) the CAN'T kill Eko and Locke... the fight of the century between them lasted a few seconds, but was great... and, besides, come people could hate Locke all they want because of his non-past, but he's the first one that put the AWE face on you, admit it.
And... this whole "fate" and "mission" deal is really big... as everybody thinks everyone's there for a reason... that's called fate

4) you do notice those 5 jeroglifics had a symbol, each one realted to a dharma station... or am i THAT crazy?... because THERE ARE 5 stations, remember that

5) I can't wait for the 3rd season... and, suposedlly, the whole series would last only 4 seasons, right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom