LOST, Season Two - Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did everyone really expect to get answers to everything tonight? Episode promos have always been misleading. Networks know how to edit their promos to lure in viewers and the show's writers know how to feed the media with teasers in interviews. It all boils down to ratings, ratings, ratings. I honestly don't care that the finale left us with more questions than answers. The development with Desmond's backstory was excellent.

Oh, I really liked the cliffhanger. Last year we got a glimpse of the dark tunnel that led to the hatch. It left very little room for any speculation whatsoever and was completely unsatisfying. I think it would've been better if they had ended it with Walt getting captured by The Others. That was one hell of a compelling scene; the eerie musical score, the low-lit camera work, and just the utter desperation Michael was experiencing losing his son in the blink of an eye. Everything about it was perfect and far better than the lame hatch tunnel scene we got stuck with. Anywaaaay, back to this season, this time around we got an insight of what's to come this fall - room for speculation and all that good stuff.

Siren said:
Did anyone else think Charlie was useless in this episode? At the end he did not even mention what happened. Ecko and Locke might need his help. He was "preoccupied" with Claire.

Yeah, that was odd. Nothing became of the syringe gun he found either. Given how randomly it was placed in last week's episode I thought we'd be seeing it again in the finale.

I just felt it was kind of a let down that Desmond's girlfriend picked up the phone at the end.

It would have been cool if it had been Locke's dad, Jack's dad (yes I know he's dead, but what if he really wasn't :shifty: ), or heck even Sayid's Iraqi girlfriend, someone else. Instead we got a character we just met and don't really care about yet :grumpy:. It just kind of fell flat for me compared to Walt's kidnapping scene last year :shrug:.

I was sure the minute Michael started away in that boat it was going to blow up :reject:.

I liked Desmond though :drool:.

I hope they didn't kill off Locke and Echo.

Last edited:
:huh:

i don't know what to feel about this episode. it was so anticlimactic. after desmonds gf picked up the phone i sat there with a confused look on my face for the next couple of minutes. it wasn't really a cliffhanger it was just odd. :scratch:

three questions....

1) at the very end did they tell desmonds gf they found "him" or "it". i thought they said him but my roomate thought differently.

2) when the "incident" happened after the key was turned...
a) was sayid on the boat with jin and his wife??? i didn't really notice.
b) and is it just me or did "the others" seem as confused about what happened as much as everytone else did?

charlie is really weird. i have no idea why he was laughing. i wonder if he even bothered to check on locke and eko before going to back to the beach. and why wouldn't he tell claire what happened in the bunker? was it to protect locke from the rath of the other losties if they found out it was because of him that the numbers weren't pushed or something else? and i wonder if desmond/locke/eko are dead? it didn't really seem to do anything to the other people on the island so i wonder if they turned out to be fine too.

Queen Bee said:
Nothing became of the syringe gun he found either. Given how randomly it was placed in last week's episode I thought we'd be seeing it again in the finale.

didn't desmond tell him not to bother with it? if i remember correctly, he told him he'd been shooting himself up with it every nine days for three years and it made no difference or something like that.

Sweet Tart said:

i don't know what to feel about this episode. it was so anticlimactic. after desmonds gf picked up the phone i sat there with a confused look on my face for the next couple of minutes. it wasn't really a cliffhanger it was just odd. :scratch:

three questions....

1) at the very end did they tell desmonds gf they found "him" or "it". i thought they said him but my roomate thought differently.

2) when the "incident" happened after the key was turned...
a) was sayid on the boat with jin and his wife??? i didn't really notice.
b) and is it just me or did "the others" seem as confused about what happened as much as everytone else did?

charlie is really weird. i have no idea why he was laughing. i wonder if he even bothered to check on locke and eko before going to back to the beach. and why wouldn't he tell claire what happened in the bunker? was it to protect locke from the rath of the other losties if they found out it was because of him that the numbers weren't pushed or something else? and i wonder if desmond/locke/eko are dead? it didn't really seem to do anything to the other people on the island so i wonder if they turned out to be fine too.

Sayid was definitely on the boat with Sun and Jin when the electromagnetic whatever went nuts, yes. They were seen briefly.

The Others didn't say anything about what happened, so either they truly are confused as well, or just didn't want to divulge anything in front of Jack, Kate, and Sawyer.

I agree about the ending with Charlie. That made no sense at all. I half-expected him to be arriving on the beach asking for help, unless the explosion really messed him up somehow.

I was wondering if Locke, Eko, and Desmond survived or not, but we never did see a blast or anything blow up at all. So something tells me they are alive.

And yes, we just met Desmond's girlfriend, but I find it very intriguing. Is she or her father behind this whole thing? Did she start looking for Desmond and stumble across this anomaly? Lots of new things to get next season started off with.

phanan said:
Sayid was definitely on the boat with Sun and Jin when the electromagnetic whatever went nuts, yes. They were seen briefly.

not that it matters, i suppose, but was he on the boat or was he already on the island after checking out the huts near the beach and starting the signal fire?

I was wondering that, actually. We saw him on the island checking the huts, then we saw the black smoke (which I guess could have been someone else, technically), and when the thing went off, they were all back on the boat already.

He must have quickly decided that something happened to Jack's group and left. Either way, to be back on the boat that quickly was a bit surprising. You'd think he would have checked out the camp a bit longer...

Absolutely love this series! In Italy it has come to the end of the 1st season. Got so upset it ended without revealing what's down that trapdoor they have "opened" with dynamite!
:rant:

phanan said:
And yes, we just met Desmond's girlfriend, but I find it very intriguing. Is she or her father behind this whole thing?

interesting to note as well that her family name is widmore - the name of the company that made sun's pregnancy test.

lost-statue-foot.jpg

I don't think the hatch blew up. There was no explosion sound to indicate that it did. I think a more likely answer is the the polarity of the magnetic field was reversed and instead of attracting metal objects, it instantly repelled them, thus sending the "quarantine" door flying into the air.

That's my take. And if there was no explosion then everyone in the hatch could be ok.

Hoodlem said:
I don't think the hatch blew up. There was no explosion sound to indicate that it did. I think a more likely answer is the the polarity of the magnetic field was reversed and instead of attracting metal objects, it instantly repelled them, thus sending the "quarantine" door flying into the air.

That's my take. And if there was no explosion then everyone in the hatch could be ok.

blew up, exploded, whatever.

clearly, the pieces were sent hurtling pretty violently across the island.

Hoodlem said:

That actually makes sense.

But what about the deafaning sound, maybe there was an explosion, only they could not hear it? The only one who did not seem affected by the light and sound was fake henry. He stood there with his eyes wide open. Also if this was an EMP, wouldn't the boat michael and walt were on stop working?

anyone think it's weird that kate's dad's body is somewhere on the island along with jack's dad's body?

poor sawyer always gets the shit end of the stick in these season finales.

lmjhitman said:
anyone think it's weird that kate's dad's body is somewhere on the island along with jack's dad's body?

I don't think that was Kate's dad. He worked with Kate's dad in Iraq, but he was the one (not in uniform) who told Sayid to torture the other soldier for information. Kate's dad was the army officer in uniform.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
after the hatch meltdown what was that big object that landed on the island? and what the heck was that freaky taradactile bird creature lol? :hmm:

It was the door to the hatch with the quarantine sign.

As for the bird, it's still a mystery. The last time as saw it was last season. Speaking of which, can anyone remember which episode it appeared in? I can't remember.

Sweet Tart said:

questions....

1) at the very end did “they” tell desmonds gf they found "him" or "it". i thought they said him but my roommate thought differently.

The “they”

looked like "Jack" and some other guy in a station at Antarctica
speaking Russian?

Back
Top Bottom