Lost: Season 3 countdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe Mr. Echo is Dead!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO His Character was the best of the bunch.

amazing episode!! to bad about mr Eko at least they explained why he wanted to build the church and maybe those hallucinations are made by the monster which would explain Walt in the 2nd season.

the death seemed a bit forced, why would the monster kill him now and not last time they faced each other, was it just because he wouldn't repent???'

M. Eko RIP...I will miss your ripped shirt wearing Jesus stick bearing, church builder self. I have never cried when a character died but I found myself shedding tears last night.:sad: In detication of Eko ... List your favorite Eko moments on the show....

8) "Tell your friends that Mr. Eko let you live" --- I had to add one of his "drug lord" parts in, so I made it the last on my list. This is said after Eko had cut the drug dealers throat if your memory is a bit bad....by far one of the hardest things in the show.

7) Eko confesses to Benry! --- I know that this was the "Old Eko", and that the "Proud Eko" that died would probably not have repented like this, but still, its the only encounter of Ben Linus and Mr. Eko in the show, and it came off as fantastic. I love the part where he cuts the beard. Would have been nice had these two had an encounter sometime in the future again. I also like the fact that Eko appears not to like Jack that much.

6) Eko FORCES Charlie to take him to the beechcraft --- I really liked the semi-relationship that these two characters were building for awhile...shame it will never amount to anything now. But it was definitly fun while it lasted. Eko ended up getting involved with the whole Claire/Locke/Charlie/Heroin thing because of this as well...which was kinda interesting.

5) Eko gets help from Yemi to find the Pearl station --- While we now know that it wasn't really Yemi helping Eko (It was the monster), at the time, this was a really cool sequence of events, probably my favorite hallucination/dream sequence/ghost encounter in the show. And it was made even better for the simple fact that he and Locke were working together. One of my favorite parts is when they get to the second hatch, and Locke says "May I?", as though to say "I've gotta do this one more time"......

4) "Does it LOOK like NOTHING to you?" --- For some reason, I always loved this part. Eko is desperately trying to get into the hatch, Locke is of course not letting him in. I believe that Charlie says something along the lines of "It probably does nothing anyways"....Eko runs towards him, rips off his belt buckle, throws it against the wall (Its a huge magnet, so the bucket sticks of course) and says this line.....loved it.

3) Eko volunteers to find Michael with Jin!!! --- Even though Michael turned out to be quite the dissapointment for most people, I have always loved this moment in Season 2 where Jin runs after Michael, and Eko decides to go with him. BOTH characters showed great character here. Not only is it the point where I actually started to like Jin (And I didn't think that would happen up to that point), but it also showed me that Eko was going to be SOMETHING ELSE. It should be noted that Sawyer, even after all they had been through, still didn't volunteer to help find Michael....Eko did it because he's heroic.

2) Eko's first encounter with the monster! --- ...They couldn't have picked a better character to have this "showdown". When Locke did it, its because he's a tad bit nutty at times and thinks he has some special purpose. Eko did it because he truthfully was not scared of a pile of smoke. At the time (And for some time after), it was one of the biggest shocks in the show to me.

1) Eko's final words --- Last night was the height of the character for me personally....no confession, and no regrets...I wanted his death to be something special and it was to me. I know a lot of people complained about the smoke monster looking fake or questioning how it could do that...but really, how exactly did people expect it to kill the pilot? It looked exactly as I would have imagined it....a big pile of smoke lifting someone up and slamming them.(And I'm STILL looking for the text to his final words BTW....no script anywhere?).

I thought the whole attack on ecko sequence was very good, and it explained how the pilot ended up on a tree in the Pilot

I am angry!

It was not a death befitting his character.

The writing this season has not been up to par.

The two new characters have NO CHEMISTRY AT ALL!!!!!

It TOTALY pisses me off that there is only one TAILY left on the show.

Seriously. And the addition of those two new characters was too forced and contrived. Plus, they're both weak actors.

I don't think this show will ever live up to how great it was in the first season. If they kill off Desmond (I doubt it, but then again I didn't see Eko's death coming) I'm done with this show. I'll eventually catch it on DVD in the future.

phanan said:
True. After all the pain they went through last year of bringing their story to us, the Tailies are all but gone. What a waste.

I keep hearing this complain? but I really don't understand, Ana Lucia and Eko kind of completed their purpose, Libby was the one who left a lot of questions regarding Hurley. I think people are complaining about Eko because it's pretty much along with Hurley and Desmond the ones everyone loves and it would've been cool to see more interaction between him and Lock but other than that his exit was pretty good.

But don't you find it odd when a major storyline from last season has all but been nullified already? Remember, they've only been on the island for something like 50 days now (I'm sure someone knows the exact time), so in real time, it's like they just arrived and were gone within a few weeks.

I don't know, I just think that angle of the story could have been explored a bit more before ending, you know?

Did anyone else noticed that at the end of the last episode, when they announced previews for next week, it said "Season Finale"?

phanan said:
But don't you find it odd when a major storyline from last season has all but been nullified already? Remember, they've only been on the island for something like 50 days now (I'm sure someone knows the exact time), so in real time, it's like they just arrived and were gone within a few weeks.

I don't know, I just think that angle of the story could have been explored a bit more before ending, you know?

Its a little over 70 days now

well I just see it as Ana serving her purpose with Michael's betrayal (and she also had closure when she couldn't kill Ben herself) and Eko pretty much had closure with this episode, but I'm agree that the writers could have done more with Eko Libby is the one who left unanswered questions but I'm sure they will get to it on Hurley's flashback.

RedrocksU2 after next week episode they will go on hiatus for 13 weeks I think, apparently they are rerunning this episodes with new scenes included

RedrocksU2 said:
Did anyone else noticed that at the end of the last episode, when they announced previews for next week, it said "Season Finale"?

They called it a mid-season finale. It goes on hiatus until February, and while it will suck having to wait that long, it works out better, because when it returns, it goes straight through to the end of the season. No repeats!

Mofo said:

Its a little over 70 days now

well I just see it as Ana serving her purpose with Michael's betrayal (and she also had closure when she couldn't kill Ben herself) and Eko pretty much had closure with this episode, but I'm agree that the writers could have done more with Eko Libby is the one who left unanswered questions but I'm sure they will get to it on Hurley's flashback.

Well, it's true that their story arcs had a beginning, middle and end, but I just think it went by too quick, and that their stories could have been fleshed out a bit more. They were very interesting characters.

Yes they were very interesting they should've kill someone else...Charlie would've been my pick instead of Eko

Well guys, sadly, this Wednesday's episode is the last of the fall season. :sad: It's been good though, a fantastic prelude to the rest of Season 3. Can't wait to see what massive cliffhanger that throw at us Wednesday night. :drool:

I completely disagree. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Couldn't have been happier with the fall season finale.

I agree with Lancemc it had me at the edge of my seat most of the time, best episode this season IMO I just wished they could've told us where was Locke headed

Back
Top Bottom