Lost: Season 3 countdown - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #31
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:26 PM
so the guy who was with the nurse, where have we seen him before?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:26 PM
What a crazy episode that was!

pssssst...Patti when are you going to come visit me? Maybe we can get together when I'm home over christmas break

Old 10-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #33
New Yorker

Laura- Lost Night, my house every Wednesday
Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:26 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:26 PM
Holy Shit! That was awesome. So was South Park by the way! Man, Jack seriously has the best backstory. The man who plays his father is fantastic. I just really want to know what happened to Locke!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:11 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

I must be honest - I was a bit let down by the opener. They don't have to drag all that out - get to the point on some things, please. The whole hour was seeing Jack, Kate, and Sawyer in their own predictament. We got the point within the first 15 minutes. Move on.

Jack's back story was good, though, as always. And the beginning was very interesting, seeing how they were all living...
Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 AM
I've never really liked Jack-centric episodes

Meh. That was okay. Pretty weak for a season premiere.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:56 PM
I enjoyed it!! Though probably because it was the first new one in a long long time.

Of course it's gonna get dragged and not get to the point, it's Lost!!

Is or has there ever been a bigger cast on television, sheesh!!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:28 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:26 PM
"Ben" is quickly becoming a favorite character of mine. He's just so weasely and intelligent, and appearantly incredibly manipulative. Can't beat that!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:26 AM
I thought it was a great episode! I agree that it was too centered on Jack, Kate and Sawyer, but I'm sure that we'll see the other main characters next week.

I loved the scenes between Sawyer and Kate.

I'm glad to have this show back.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:01 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:26 PM
Dear Lost Writers: Sawyer, Kate, and Jack are not the only people on the island!

Hopefully we won't have to see them at all next week. I enjoyed the episode, but I wanted to see what was happening to Sun and Jin and Sayid and Eko and Locke and Desmond and everyone else.

And now for speculation, because that's what the Lost fandom is about:

(Note: I'm copying this from where I originally posted it. The Juliet woman is referred to as Muffin, because she burned the muffins, and the corner of the fandom I grew up in likes to give people nicknames.)

Others-ville at first reminded me of a cult. I was totally getting Jonestown vibes from it. Like, I like Muffin. I don't think all of the Others are evil evil evil, I think some of them are just sort of trapped there, or brainwashed or something. Also, there's gotta be something going on between Muffin and NotHenry (who will never be Ben in my eyes).
But looking back, Others-ville really reminds me of something in Stephen King's final Dark Tower book.
--Dark Tower spoilers ahead!--
In the book, in the middle of a desolate wasteland, there's a little village full of people. The people are the Breakers, and are all telepaths, who are being kept as prisoners in this happy-looking village. They have an ice cream shop and a movie theater and everything they could need, but they can't leave. They're kept there for the purpose of using their telepathic abilities to break the Beams (columns of energy), which hold up the Dark Tower.
--End spoilers--
As I've said before, Lost is reeking in Dark Tower parallels (far more than The Stand). The Others remind me of the Breakers. The Dharma initiative are the ones really running everything, but they're using the Others to do it. I just want to know what the Others are really up to.

Moving on, something definitely went on with Kate inbetween the beginning of breakfast at NotHenry's gazebo by the sea, and being brought to the zoo. Her wrists were all scratched up from the cuffs, which would indicate some kind of struggle. If she just sat there prim and proper, her wrists would be fine. And maybe she didn't eat, and really did need Sawyer's fish-biscuit.

And I'm wondering what was really up with that kid in the other cage. I'm thinking he was an Other (who else could he be?) and that he was just there to sort of observe Sawyer at first. But then he pulled that whole "Let's break out!" thing. He sent Sawyer off in the wrong direction to be caught. But why? For his own juvenile amusement? Is that why Zeke bloodied his nose?

And why do they have Sawyer and Kate in the bear cages, for two weeks of "unpleasent"ness, eating fish-biscuits, but they have Jack in the shark tank, eating grilled cheeses. It seems that he's of more value to them. So why do they need Sawyer and Kate? And what's going to happen to them in two weeks? (and as slow as this show goes, two weeks will be over by April)

Also, when NotHenry totally shut the door in Muffin's face, I was like "Well, you should've let him into your book club." But yea, something definitely went on between the two of them.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13

And I'm wondering what was really up with that kid in the other cage. I'm thinking he was an Other (who else could he be?) and that he was just there to sort of observe Sawyer at first. But then he pulled that whole "Let's break out!" thing. He sent Sawyer off in the wrong direction to be caught. But why? For his own juvenile amusement? Is that why Zeke bloodied his nose?

I'm thinking the whole escape incident, including the bloody nose, was staged by the others for some reason.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:26 AM
Guys, listen, we will never learn the significance of 70% of what went down in the season premiere
Old 10-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
[B]Dear Lost Writers: Sawyer, Kate, and Jack are not the only people on the island!

Others-ville at first reminded me of a cult.
That's the first thing I thought of as well. I thought it was a great ep. Looking forward to more!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

I thought it was very good, the first few minutes were stupendous.

Maybe there are two kinds of fans of that show-people who try to figure out every little clue and analyze everything, and people who just enjoy the whole thing unfolding. I just do the latter. Of course I'm curious to see what the final episode will bring (and hopefully they will actually reveal all), but other than that I just enjoy the mystery. Life itself is difficult enough to figure out.