Lost: Season 3 countdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy Shit! That was awesome. So was South Park by the way! :happy: Man, Jack seriously has the best backstory. The man who plays his father is fantastic. I just really want to know what happened to Locke!

I must be honest - I was a bit let down by the opener. They don't have to drag all that out - get to the point on some things, please. The whole hour was seeing Jack, Kate, and Sawyer in their own predictament. We got the point within the first 15 minutes. Move on.

Jack's back story was good, though, as always. And the beginning was very interesting, seeing how they were all living...

I enjoyed it!! Though probably because it was the first new one in a long long time.

Of course it's gonna get dragged and not get to the point, it's Lost!!:wink:

Is or has there ever been a bigger cast on television, sheesh!!

"Ben" is quickly becoming a favorite character of mine. He's just so weasely and intelligent, and appearantly incredibly manipulative. Can't beat that! :wink:

I thought it was a great episode! I agree that it was too centered on Jack, Kate and Sawyer, but I'm sure that we'll see the other main characters next week.

I loved the scenes between Sawyer and Kate. :D

I'm glad to have this show back.

Dear Lost Writers: Sawyer, Kate, and Jack are not the only people on the island!

Hopefully we won't have to see them at all next week. I enjoyed the episode, but I wanted to see what was happening to Sun and Jin and Sayid and Eko and Locke and Desmond and everyone else.

And now for speculation, because that's what the Lost fandom is about:

(Note: I'm copying this from where I originally posted it. The Juliet woman is referred to as Muffin, because she burned the muffins, and the corner of the fandom I grew up in likes to give people nicknames.)

Others-ville at first reminded me of a cult. I was totally getting Jonestown vibes from it. Like, I like Muffin. I don't think all of the Others are evil evil evil, I think some of them are just sort of trapped there, or brainwashed or something. Also, there's gotta be something going on between Muffin and NotHenry (who will never be Ben in my eyes).
But looking back, Others-ville really reminds me of something in Stephen King's final Dark Tower book.
--Dark Tower spoilers ahead!--
In the book, in the middle of a desolate wasteland, there's a little village full of people. The people are the Breakers, and are all telepaths, who are being kept as prisoners in this happy-looking village. They have an ice cream shop and a movie theater and everything they could need, but they can't leave. They're kept there for the purpose of using their telepathic abilities to break the Beams (columns of energy), which hold up the Dark Tower.
--End spoilers--
As I've said before, Lost is reeking in Dark Tower parallels (far more than The Stand). The Others remind me of the Breakers. The Dharma initiative are the ones really running everything, but they're using the Others to do it. I just want to know what the Others are really up to.

Moving on, something definitely went on with Kate inbetween the beginning of breakfast at NotHenry's gazebo by the sea, and being brought to the zoo. Her wrists were all scratched up from the cuffs, which would indicate some kind of struggle. If she just sat there prim and proper, her wrists would be fine. And maybe she didn't eat, and really did need Sawyer's fish-biscuit.

And I'm wondering what was really up with that kid in the other cage. I'm thinking he was an Other (who else could he be?) and that he was just there to sort of observe Sawyer at first. But then he pulled that whole "Let's break out!" thing. He sent Sawyer off in the wrong direction to be caught. But why? For his own juvenile amusement? Is that why Zeke bloodied his nose?

And why do they have Sawyer and Kate in the bear cages, for two weeks of "unpleasent"ness, eating fish-biscuits, but they have Jack in the shark tank, eating grilled cheeses. It seems that he's of more value to them. So why do they need Sawyer and Kate? And what's going to happen to them in two weeks? (and as slow as this show goes, two weeks will be over by April)

Also, when NotHenry totally shut the door in Muffin's face, I was like "Well, you should've let him into your book club." But yea, something definitely went on between the two of them.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

And I'm wondering what was really up with that kid in the other cage. I'm thinking he was an Other (who else could he be?) and that he was just there to sort of observe Sawyer at first. But then he pulled that whole "Let's break out!" thing. He sent Sawyer off in the wrong direction to be caught. But why? For his own juvenile amusement? Is that why Zeke bloodied his nose?

I'm thinking the whole escape incident, including the bloody nose, was staged by the others for some reason.

I thought it was very good, the first few minutes were stupendous.

Maybe there are two kinds of fans of that show-people who try to figure out every little clue and analyze everything, and people who just enjoy the whole thing unfolding. I just do the latter. Of course I'm curious to see what the final episode will bring (and hopefully they will actually reveal all), but other than that I just enjoy the mystery. Life itself is difficult enough to figure out.

phanan said:
I enjoy the whole thing unfolding as well, but they need to start unfolding things a bit faster. It gets tiresome after a while.

See I like things unfolding slowly, I don't want it to be speeded up. So many things are tiresome for me about certain tv shows, but not that about Lost

That's why you and I could never be friends ;)

Lost is supposed to torture you, slowly :D

The opening 5 minutes played like a flashback, then surprise! It's the Others REAL camp. That was cool. Juliet and 'Ben' are not on the same page. So now we know of 2 women who are potentially subversive to the Others' cause.

Question/Flaw: If 'Ben' can send Ethan Rom to the tail crash site within 1 hours jog, how did the Tailies NOT find this complex camp, with modern conveniences and (presumably) smoke from chimneys? Or, for that matter, how did the beach survivors not stumble upon it?

It looks like Ep 2 will not answer any questions about Locke/Eko/Desmond fate from the previews. Bummer.

I can't believe I missed it thanks to School. Itunes does not have it up yet!! I am so MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsSpringsteen said:

See I like things unfolding slowly, I don't want it to be speeded up. So many things are tiresome for me about certain tv shows, but not that about Lost

That's why you and I could never be friends ;)

Lost is supposed to torture you, slowly :D

Oh, I like some things to unfold slowly, just not Lost.

:wink:

phanan said:

Oh, I like some things to unfold slowly, just not Lost.

:wink:

Well then just pretend that Lost is some sort of long drawn out lurid affair, or something like that.

I don't mean affair like it usually means, hopefully you know what I mean.

Nevermind :D

Last edited:
I loved the premiere!

"it only took the bears 2 hours"...priceless and sawyers' response LMAO

I thought it was great, why are people complaining about the others not appearing? they can't cram everyone into one episode, they did the same last season with Sawyer, Jin, and Michael

Kate gave them information on Jack.
The Cages held the Polar bears.
Jack's "cell" held the sharks.

Guys When Will Rodrigo Santoro , who will be playin The Persian King in 300 , premiere on the show ?

Hewson said:
I'm thinking the whole escape incident, including the bloody nose, was staged by the others for some reason.

Personally I think they are trying to show the viewers that this kid begins to earn Sawyers trust (helping to break him out
) and then later down the line, he'll reveal something important to the kid, then they'll spend two episodes explaining this, and Sawyer will get burned when the kid is revealed as an Other.
Then Ben Henry will give his puzzled stare into the camera and say "Sawyer, here's a razor you stupid fuck!"

We're now 24 hours away from this weeks episode. What happend to Locke and Echo? I hope to find out tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom