LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got around to watching my recording of the last episode. I've never been a fan of the Kate backstories, and this one didn't really do anything for me, either.

Hurley messing with Sawyer was kind of funny. Seems like they've been kicking up the humor a notch the last few episodes - it's worked here and there.

Agreed about Sayid. His role really needs to become more prominent. Great character.

One question: Instead of moving back to the beach, why aren't they (Jack, Kate, Sayid and Juliet) moving the people from the beach to those fancy houses with warm showers, lawns and kitchen (not to mention the added bonus of being protected by the fence)???

:hi5: gump! That's exactly what I was thinking...are they leaving those houses and their relative comfort and going back to the beach to live in huts?? Even without electricity or running water the houses would be a lot more comfortable to live in. Doesn't make sense. :tsk:

:up: that's what annoys me about Lost sometimes: the writers make the characters seem very dumb! :scratch: It's like in Season 2 when they first met the others in the jungle and nobody bothered to ask what the heck they were doing in the island....

gump said:
One question: Instead of moving back to the beach, why aren't they (Jack, Kate, Sayid and Juliet) moving the people from the beach to those fancy houses with warm showers, lawns and kitchen (not to mention the added bonus of being protected by the fence)???

Shh, you're making too much sense. :shh:

Lost has been turning into Bizarro world for a while now. It's entertaining, but it seems like almost every episode now there's a "what in the hell are they thinking??" moment.

While I never doubted it either, I think that Juliet will betray Ben in the end. After all, he has not let her go home all this time, and that's what everyone else wants, so I could see her staying with Jack, whom she seems to genuinely like.

I think it would be boring and quite expected, otherwise.

I loved that twist at the end of last night's episode, totally didn't see that coming! I think she's still going along with Ben, because he or Jacob (whoever that is) are the ones who have the power to send her home, and that's what she wants the most. She'll betray Jack and everyone else if it gets her to that goal.

The lack of continuity in the episode drove me nuts, the fact that it was night when Claire got sick and Juliette headed out into the Jungle, but day when she reached the case which she said herself wasn't far away. How can they not notice these things when they are filming and/or editing the episodes? argh

all in all, a good episode, for the ending alone, and also it answered what for me was one of the huge questions in the series: were all the losties placed on that plane intentionally?

I still think they are doing a great job keeping Jack's character consistent and interesting.

I love the fact that they are unrelenting in making him 'good' - its his greatest strength, but it is also his greatest weakness.

I can never tell if he is my favorite character or the one that I hate the most. That's good writing.

love2bmama said:

The lack of continuity in the episode drove me nuts, the fact that it was night when Claire got sick and Juliette headed out into the Jungle, but day when she reached the case which she said herself wasn't far away.?
I made a mental note of that at the time.
Perhaps it was almost sunrise, or perhaps the producers don't give a rat's ass about anything on the show making sense.

gump said:

One reason
Jack is on to Juliet and Ben.

That is why he told Sayed not to force her to answer him

or

that is what the others want
remember a fence that protects

can become a wall
that is a prison.

I believe strongly that Lost is a show about its characters first and foremost, everything else coming in second. The plot lines and answers will all come in due time. But as long at the writers keep the characters growing and interesting, they'll maintain the shows momentum and theme. They haven't disappointed in those regards yet, except maybe with Nikki and Paolo. But there episode was still great, so I don't give a rat's ass.

/\ I agree

all we should really want from this is good television

and as much of it as possible
before it ends
or chokes to death on itself
like some series do.

You know, this episode restored a lot of my faith in the show. We finally seem to be getting somewhere. The last several episodes (basically since it started back up after the winter break) have been a lot of fluff, but this episode actually had some substance, and gave us some answers. Next week looks good too :up:

i think lost is getting back on track, even though the characters still seem a bit too dumb. i hope juliet will turn out to be a good girl eventually.... i really like her character.

deep said:

One reason
Jack is on to Juliet and Ben.

That is why he told Sayed not to force her to answer him

or

that is what the others want
remember a fence that protects

can become a wall
that is a prison.

I think that being surrounded by water and not having a boat is a good enough prison already!

Last edited:
An interesting thought was brought up today by a friend of mine about women not being able to give birth on the island up until Claire did.

What about Rousseau? Where did she have her baby? As far as we could remember, Rousseau did talk about the Others taking away her baby soon after it was born. Did she have the baby on the island, or had she already given birth when she got there? There's another thing to think about...

I noticed the night/daylight difference with Juliet going to get the drugs too. :tsk:

I thought lost was great with this last episode. I read an article and it says all in due time the answers will come. Even about Michael and Will. I think it is so creative and that what keeps us coming back for more. I agree with the post above about Juliets character I like her too and she is a good match with Jack.

ThoraSEB said:
An interesting thought was brought up today by a friend of mine about women not being able to give birth on the island up until Claire did.

What about Rousseau? Where did she have her baby? As far as we could remember, Rousseau did talk about the Others taking away her baby soon after it was born. Did she have the baby on the island, or had she already given birth when she got there? There's another thing to think about...

I noticed the night/daylight difference with Juliet going to get the drugs too. :tsk:

good point about Rousseau.....so if Ben is Alex's father? what was his relationship with Rosseau...unless they took the baby, and Ben has just raised her saying he is her father?

BTW - the writers were obviously trying to set up some sort of correlation between the story of Abraham and Isaac and the story of Desmond and Charlie.

Should we infer that Desmond failed his test because Penny wasn't in the jumpsuit? And if so, does that mean that the Island is playing the role of God?

Dalton said:
BTW - the writers were obviously trying to set up some sort of correlation between the story of Abraham and Isaac and the story of Desmond and Charlie.

Should we infer that Desmond failed his test because Penny wasn't in the jumpsuit? And if so, does that mean that the Island is playing the role of God?

Not entirely sure one way or another, but I do know that I fucking love Desmond. His story has been my favorite so far.

Back
Top Bottom