LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't mean to rain on the parade, folks, and it's great if you enjoy it, but I've been disappointed since February with this show. I caught up mostly on DVD and downloaded the rest of the eps, but the themes of faith and guilt are really wearing thin, to me. The characters just aren't believable to me anymore. The Jack and Kate dynamic is really annoying. Heck, she's gorgeous and a great actress, but Kate's interaction with anyone is annoying.

Locke has always been my favorite, but his motivations his last ep just didn't seem believable. I also dislike the way Hurley is often used as comedic relief.

I don't know. Maybe watching it on TV with the ads is the drag, but I have real problems with what the writers have chosen to focus upon. The Others aren't nearly as developed as they could be. I did like the season premire, though.

I also miss Michael and Anna Lucia. If anyone dies, I hope it's the Aussie woman with the baby.

deep said:

This is very disappointing for anyone that still wants to believe that this is all happening in real time and space.

I agree. Remember when the producers said everything in the show would be scientifically possible? Are we supposed to believe they've had Locke's dad there all along, just waiting for an opportunity to drag him before Locke?

I don't know, I did like the episode a lot but I'm starting to wonder if the show is going to be able to meet the potential it showed in the 1st season. It seems to be slipping away from them...

I think that they are all dead and in purgatory is the one they took off the table.

There is no way that Locke could have fallen eight stories and broke his back.

And then a plane crash restores his ability to walk.:huh:

And some how he gets that if he leaves the Island he will be paralyzed again.

I still say the only way they can try and make this work is that

the survivors are all in an altered conscious state, perhaps a coma.

I once posted (in a now closed thread) were they all had experienced a near death incident
that could have landed them there.

Well, we will see. :shrug:

Yep. Definitely a waste of an episode. :sigh:

Spiders are one of my worst fears, so that creeped me out.

I was hoping they would have completely killed off Nicky and Paulo, but I guess we'll see. Maybe they'll be unable to get out of the grave, and end up dying anyways.

Edit to say you may not want to read this if you haven't watched...........

I don't know.......I kinda enjoyed it. A lot of people assumed they were going to get rid of those characters anyway, and seeing them check out that way was better than some convoluted tie-in to the Others, if you ask me.

The plot momentum of the last few weeks was stopped, but it was a decent stand-alone episode. Kinda had an Alfred Hitchcock / Twilight Zone vibe to it.

If you're paralyzed to the point that people think you are dead cuz your heart is beating so slow and YOU ARE NOT BREATHING, how can you survive for 8 hours (if you are not breathing?!?!?)? :eyebrow:

I think this may have one of the few times where the viewers are thinking, please die!!

Paolo and Nikki = lite version of Sawyer and Kate

:yawn:

phanan said:
That was a useless episode tonight.
Our time would have been better served if Hurley had run Nikki and Paolo over with the VW bus 3 weeks ago, thus combining 2 useless episodes into 1.

Its bad enough they switch the show to 10PM forcing people like me who have to get up at 5AM to miss out on some sleep, but then to supply us with such crap filler episodes is reprehensible.

Hewson said:
Our time would have been better served if Hurley had run Nikki and Paolo over with the VW bus 3 weeks ago, thus combining 2 useless episodes into 1.

Its bad enough they switch the show to 10PM forcing people like me who have to get up at 5AM to miss out on some sleep, but then to supply us with such crap filler episodes is reprehensible.

:lmao:

I so totally agree, I have to get up at 4:30am and so staying up to watch Lost is a big sacrifice of sleep for me, since it doesn't end until 11pm. I could watch it later w/my dvr, but I love the show and don't usually want to wait.
Had I known what a waste last night's episode would be I would have chosen sleep, no contest. :tsk:

phanan said:

The best part of the show was the appearance of Lando

He looked a bit scary though-his face was sort of frozen. Maybe it's surgery or maybe he has a health problem, hopefully it's the former.

He's turning 70 on April 6th

Maybe I'm nuts, but I really enjoyed the episode. Sure, it had little to do with anything going on, but it was still a fun, entertaining episode with a good dose of humor. (after the first flashback and Nikki's "death" Saywer goes "Who the hell's Nikki?" :lol: )

But I really enjoyed all the little jokes and seeing important past events through new eyes.

MrsSpringsteen said:

He looked a bit scary though-his face was sort of frozen. Maybe it's surgery or maybe he has a health problem, hopefully it's the former.

He's turning 70 on April 6th

Too much carbonite exposure.:wink:

I knew after I watched this ep that alot of folks would be disapointed. It was all filler. Answered no questions etc. That being said, I didn't find it horrible... but it felt more like a "whodunnit" special on the discovery channel or something. :shrug:

Lancemc said:
Maybe I'm nuts, but I really enjoyed the episode. Sure, it had little to do with anything going on, but it was still a fun, entertaining episode with a good dose of humor. (after the first flashback and Nikki's "death" Saywer goes "Who the hell's Nikki?" :lol: )

But I really enjoyed all the little jokes and seeing important past events through new eyes.

i agree

think about it folks

they could wrap this up in two episodes

and Lost would be over

would you like that better?

and I am sure that the reveals will not be very satisfying

at least this episode was entertaining

it had some of the old flavor and feeling with the plane crash scenes and references to the monster

when we were more on board
it kind of made me feel nostalgic

we got some more Boonie and his hot incest sister :up:

what's not to like?

UberBeaver said:
I wonder if at some point they had planed to develop those characters more, and then changed their minds.

Good question.

There was a time when I thought the best option for this series was all the oportunity for the back stories.

And they could keep bringing characters forward.

Some of the best episodes have been the back stories, Boone's, Lockes, AnaLouise, Sayed and Charlies

UberBeaver said:
I wonder if at some point they had planed to develop those characters more, and then changed their minds.

Are you referring to Paolo and Nikki?

They may not be dead, we could see hands bursting from the sand next week. :shrug:

But then again, the writers are well aware that those two characters were not well received by the fan base. They might have thought it was a good idea but thought better of it. The internet is a wonderful device for instant feedback.

trevster2k said:

Are you referring to Paolo and Nikki?

They may not be dead, we could see hands bursting from the sand next week. :shrug:

But then again, the writers are well aware that those two characters were not well received by the fan base. They might have thought it was a good idea but thought better of it. The internet is a wonderful device for instant feedback.

Maybe they got DUIs? :shrug:

Loved the thing with Saywer... and (*gasp*) he has a little Sawyer somewhere!

Also loved Sayid at the very end. He's so fucking badass.

gherman said:
I thought this last episode was a crock of S@#T!!!

A waste of my time.

Me, too, but I've felt that for quite a few weeks now. Lost just seems to be rehashing the same stuff over and over from the past of the characters. Lots of filler about Kate's past and learning that her mom is a moron who subjected her to an abusive home and a parental figure who wanted to molest her. Crappy mom who was sick enough to love a terrible guy. We knew this is Season 2, right?

I kind of enjoyed the Hurley subplot, though and enjoyed seeing him do something other than play the jolly fat guy. He was coolly manipulative.

Back
Top Bottom