LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Naveen Andrews (Sayid) was 5 feet from us at the Hawaii show! We were on Edge's side, just behind the rail, outside the "headphone". The girl next to me got her picture taken with him. He was very nice to everyone around. He was shorter than I would imagin though. He just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. No waiting in line all day for him. Must be nice! :wink:

the Desmond episode was the best episode of the season so far. I liked the music that was playing when Desmond was telling Charlie that he's gonna die soon.
It was so easy to understand what was going on in that epside when watching. but i found it difficult trying to explain it to my brother when i found out he didnt watch it :tsk:

It got me interested in the season again because after the Juliette episode i was about ready to switch off.
cant wait for next episode now :hyper:

dmalezi said:
Naveen Andrews (Sayid) was 5 feet from us at the Hawaii show! We were on Edge's side, just behind the rail, outside the "headphone". The girl next to me got her picture taken with him. He was very nice to everyone around. He was shorter than I would imagin though. He just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. No waiting in line all day for him. Must be nice! :wink:

I had no idea Naveen was at the show. I met him the day after the show. He was having dinner at the hotel Bono was staying at.
naveenandI0.jpg

:wink:

I watched tonight, but I was doing a million other things at the same time. I think I'll have to watch it again when it comes on the American channel at 10pm, because I didn't really get what was going on. I need to pay full attention next time. :wink:

Not too sure what I think about this week's episode. It wasn't very eventful, but I think it set up some very important things for future episodes.

And I love Jack flashbacks. So all is well. :up:

It airs at 7pm where I'm at in Canada. I wonder where they're off to now.

It was an alright episode. Once again introducing new characters. I don't think it was as great as last weeks episode but it was okay.

Yeah, this was your classic transition episode, where it was basically just setting us up for the next one. This is where Lost frustrates me. I understand they need to fill up time to get through a season, but you know, if that's the case, then maybe this show shouldn't be on for many seasons, because it just gets watered down. They easily could have condensed tonight's episode into the first 15 minutes or so and gone straight into whatever transpires next week, but no...they have to drag it out.

:yawn:

I barely paid attention. I bet I didn't miss anything. I'm going to stick it out to the end of the season, I guess. If I'm bored out of my mind by the end of the season, I'm done and over with.
I leave it up to the interesting characters on the show like Desmond and Hurley to save this season, but looking at their limited screentime, I doubt it will happen. :(

At least we saw the kidnapped people, finally. Last weeks Entertainment Weekly article seemed to suggest that the writers and producers are well informed as to the frustrations of viewers. And accordingly, will start answering some questions in future episodes. The appearance of the children this episode is a testament to that although that whole backstory with Jack was a yawner but will probably have a bearing on future encounters with Locke. Speaking of Locke, we should find out why he was in the wheelchair soon too. And a backstory involving those two new people on the beach. And Claire, Hurley and Sayid. Unfortunately, the big ones like the monster et al, are season 5 stories so we have to wait.

Apparently, the Walt and Michael thing isn't finished either but we won't learn anything until next season, they said they put a pin in it. They know that just having them leave and not expand on it would be unfair to viewers. New hatch and Dharma Initiative connection is coming soon too.

So that stuff better be good.

So previews said last night's episode would "solve 3 of the biggest mysteries" of Lost.
Did I miss something?
Or were the 3 big mysteries:
A: Are the children the others took still alive? (The only legit answer last night)
2: What do Jack's tattoos mean?
Thirdly: Can Sawyer sing like Captain Quint?

And Alex is supposedly Rousseau's daughter right...so did Benry "adopt" her as his own, but she's not really his kid, thats what I'm assuming.

Hewson said:
So previews said last night's episode would "solve 3 of the biggest mysteries" of Lost.
Did I miss something?
Or were the 3 big mysteries:
A: Are the children the others took still alive? (The only legit answer last night)
2: What do Jack's tattoos mean?
Thirdly: Can Sawyer sing like Captain Quint?

I laid awake last night wondering what the 3 big mysteries were that were solved, too.

I'm sorry, but the meaning of Jack's tattoos is not in my top 3, that's just nuts. Maybe we were curious as to what they meant, but I think we all had that solved as soon as we saw the name of the episode in conjunction with the promos that prominently displayed his tatts. Duh.

I guess the kids being alive is one mystery solved, kind of. Not that it doesn't just lead to more questions, but that's the Lost style, so ok.

What's the third one? Jack isn't as smart as either Sawyer or the polar bears, since it doesn't seem like he scored himself a fish biscuit? Ethan was a surgeon before they shot him (like we care)? I guess it was that the Others don't live on Alcatraz, but again, do we really care? :tsk:

It was an ok episode by me, not great, a little heavy on the Jack close-ups. I agree that it feels like a transition episode, not a ton of content but enough to keep us going until next week.

love2bmama said:

Jack isn't as smart as either Sawyer or the polar bears, since it doesn't seem like he scored himself a fish biscuit? .
Why didn't Jack get zapped like Sawyer did?
A new Lost mystery perhaps.

Why did Kate and Sawyer leave the boat, and hike across the island? And why wait until its dark again before crossing the spooky island? Why not just cruise around the coastline? They could end up hiking east when the camp is really a mile west of where they are.

I kind of wanted Jack to get zapped.

I thought it was a much better idea to sail around the island, too, but Sawyer wanted to go ashore right away. Maybe it's better, in terms of them being able to get under cover and not be on the open water for the Others to potentially chase them down, but it seems to me that walking overland, without a compass no less, would be a lot of hard work. :shrug:

I understand Sawyer wanting to go ashore for the night, but they could have been fine in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom