LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy) - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Wow. Wow. This might be the last Lost episode I ever see.

Something happened between season 2 and the beginning of season 3. I really don't know what, but it's just gone downhill from there. Aside from the fact that I can't stand Elizabeth Mitchell or her character, the plot of Lost now revolves around Jack, Kate and Sawyer with everyone else playing a supporting role. Why even bother shooting promo photos of everyone standing shoulder to shoulder? Just go ahead and silhouette everyone else.

The bus thing last night was the last straw for me. That kind of shit happens on ER. I'm waiting for them to drop a helicopter on Henry and then have everyone joke about the death of someone a week later.
The writers sold their souls to the devil.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

I feel sorry for those losing faith in the show. They had to finish off the storyline started in the first six episodes. Plus they're GOOD episodes. So what if they're not focusing on the rest of the characters right now. They'll get to them eventually, in the next episodes in fact and focus on them for a while. Then they'll move on to other characters and other storylines. That's how the show works. If anything, I'd say the show's only getting better. But that's just me. I just think it's a shame some people are being pushed away from the show. It's not your fault, I'm not saying that. But patience is the name of the game here, and I'm sure we'll be rewarded in full.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #48
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
I feel sorry for those losing faith in the show. They had to finish off the storyline started in the first six episodes. Plus they're GOOD episodes. So what if they're not focusing on the rest of the characters right now. They'll get to them eventually, in the next episodes in fact and focus on them for a while. Then they'll move on to other characters and other storylines. That's how the show works. If anything, I'd say the show's only getting better. But that's just me. I just think it's a shame some people are being pushed away from the show. It's not your fault, I'm not saying that. But patience is the name of the game here, and I'm sure we'll be rewarded in full.
That's all fine and dandy, but the writers and producers of Lost need to take a good look at what's happened to the show, and how hard it's become to follow. On a show like Battlestar Galactica, it has rising storyarcs, multiple characters, etc... but still moves fluidly and keeps everything interesting. Which in my opinion is exactly what Lost hasn't done since Season 1.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:16 PM
I hear the theme song from Jaws getting louder and louder.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #50
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

On a show like Battlestar Galactica, it has rising storyarcs, multiple characters, etc... but still moves fluidly and keeps everything interesting.
BSG - Nice. High Five!

I'm at the point with Lost where if every character got killed, I'd be fine. I like Rose and Desmond. Eko was cool too, but....yep. I'll watch a few more to see if it picks up, ut I don't care. They ruined the mystery of the island which drew me back. The Others have book clubs? Huh? Come on, man.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

That's all fine and dandy, but the writers and producers of Lost need to take a good look at what's happened to the show, and how hard it's become to follow. On a show like Battlestar Galactica, it has rising storyarcs, multiple characters, etc... but still moves fluidly and keeps everything interesting. Which in my opinion is exactly what Lost hasn't done since Season 1.

Gotta love the BSG plug...
Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #52
Refugee

Few more hours and we will see what this weeks episode has in store for us tonight.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Nah, you are just a bigger fan than me.

Tossing loose ends out there over and over again without any direction was fun at first but now the mythos is getting overloaded. Start closing some loopholes please.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/745/745595p1.html

I will watch next week's too see the if the rest of the cast still has a job and then determine whether this show deserves my support. Based on this episode alone, I would stop.
So tell me...What questions would you like to be resolved this season? Not that I have any answers, but this is a big debate over in my LOST forum.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:16 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!

Much better episode tonight, I don't want to see those other 3 for the rest of the season. My bad, they are back next week.

Ok, they still have me, as long as they maintain the quality.

A, regarding the questions, hmmm, more focus on this Dharma thing, the supernatural phenomena on the island, where are kidnapped tailies, some forward progress in the story, what has happened to Michael and Walt, why did the plane crash, there are probably more I just don't have time to expand.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 PM   #55
Refugee

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
what has happened to Michael and Walt, why did the plane crash, there are probably more I just don't have time to expand.
Michael and Walt - sent home supposedly
Plane crash - Oh, you know what, just pay attention !!! It was explained.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Yep, that was a great episode. I quite enjoyed it.

I wasn't sure it was going to be after Hurley's cheesy "He sees the future" line.. but it got progressively better from there. Very interesting.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
yes, very interesting to hear about desmond!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

That was easily one of my favorite episodes from the whole series. I'm in awe. Amazingly handled story line. I love Desmond. I love Lost. I love lamp.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Excellent episode tonight!

I think it may have lured me back. I'm really interested to see what happens to Charlie as a result. I wasn't epecting that whole "I was saving you" bit at the end. Very good stuff.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #60
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ThoraSEB
Excellent episode tonight!

I think it may have lured me back. I'm really interested to see what happens to Charlie as a result. I wasn't epecting that whole "I was saving you" bit at the end. Very good stuff.
I couldn't agree more. Excellent episode last night. Interesting to find out more about Desmond. Quite unusual about what has been happening to him. Kind of feel sorry for the guy one minute he is back in his regular life and having flashbacks from the island and the next he is back in the jungle. Very harsh of Pen's father to say those things to Desmond.

Poor Charlie looks like he don't stand a chance.